Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F-Sport Front/Rear Sway Bar on Stock sport Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-08, 08:36 PM
mrsardar
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default F-Sport Front/Rear Sway Bar on Stock sport Suspension

I would like to get your opinion

having the F-Sport Front/Rear Sway Bar kit on the Stock sport suspension, would i notice any difference in the ride, handling and body roll?
Old 04-27-08, 08:44 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theoritically, yes and you should or else they would be pointless (I apologize if that sounds rude). I'm not sure anyone has installed it yet but someone has installed the Member Chassis Brace and he was pretty happy with it.
Old 04-27-08, 10:09 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsardar
I would like to get your opinion

having the F-Sport Front/Rear Sway Bar kit on the Stock sport suspension, would i notice any difference in the ride, handling and body roll?
I'll report my findings at the end of the week I hope. I got my set and will be having the dealer install them either thurs or friday. I'm on stock lux suspension not sport but any difference in body roll should still apply the same on either I'd think.
Old 04-27-08, 10:14 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ba-b4
I'll report my findings at the end of the week I hope. I got my set and will be having the dealer install them either thurs or friday. I'm on stock lux suspension not sport but any difference in body roll should still apply the same on either I'd think.
great..tell us what set you have and keep us posted
Old 04-30-08, 06:42 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Okay guys. I've just got my F sway's installed on my stock IS350 suspension. This is on the standard lux suspension NOT the sport. First thing I noticed when driving around town is the car will NOT feel any different under normal daily driving and slow corners. The car WILL feel very different once you take turns at speed however and will be MUCH flatter. Prior to installing these, fast turns will produce lots of body lean and flop. This is reduced by a lot after the sway bar set installation. The steering feel is no different though. Still too light and not much on center feel but nothing much anyone can do about that I think. The car still has that slightly sloppy floppy feeling at initial turn in but I think that can't be helped with the stock spring and struts. I'm sure with a coilover set that will be eliminated but that will affect daily ride which I didn't want. Who knows though maybe I might change my mind later on though if I REALLY want that locked down feeling. I also felt the tires on the road more during the fast cornering but that could be due to in the past I was too busy feeling the body roll and sliding all over the slippery leather seats to take much notice. Now that there's not as much drama in the body lean while cornering I can focus my attention more on other things. Anyway just my initial impressions after driving home after the install. All in all a worthwhile mod!

Oh btw: the bastards at the dealership wanted like 430 bucks for the install!!! What a RIP! I quickly hung up and just didn't want to deal with anymore dealership pricing for such a simple install. I brought them to the local import performance shop and got both front and rears done for 130.. geez what a difference.

Last edited by ba-b4; 04-30-08 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-30-08, 06:55 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ba-b4
Okay guys. I've just got my F sway's installed on my stock IS350 suspension. This is on the standard lux suspension NOT the sport. First thing I noticed when driving around town is the car will NOT feel any different under normal daily driving and slow corners. The car WILL feel very different once you take turns at speed however and will be MUCH flatter. Prior to installing these, fast turns will produce lots of body lean and flop. This is reduced by a lot after the sway bar set installation. The steering feel is no different though. Still too light and not much on center feel but nothing much anyone can do about that I think. The car still has that slightly sloppy floppy feeling at initial turn in but I think that can't be helped with the stock spring and struts. I'm sure with a coilover set that will be eliminated but that will affect daily ride which I didn't want. Who knows though maybe I might change my mind later on though if I REALLY want that locked down feeling. I also felt the tires on the road more during the fast cornering but that could be due to in the past I was too busy feeling the body roll and sliding all over the slippery leather seats to take much notice. Now that there's not as much drama in the body lean while cornering I can focus my attention more on other things. Anyway just my initial impressions after driving home after the install. All in all a worthwhile mod!

Oh btw: the bastards at the dealership wanted like 430 bucks for the install!!! What a RIP! I quickly hung up and just didn't want to deal with anymore dealership pricing for such a simple install. I brought them to the local import performance shop and got both front and rears done for 130.. geez what a difference.
did you notice less understeer? or haven't driven it that hard?
Old 04-30-08, 07:15 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by darkdream
did you notice less understeer? or haven't driven it that hard?
nope haven't driven it that hard
Old 04-30-08, 11:04 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe F-Sport Rear Chassis Member Brace can help much better on the cornering thing?