Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

What kind of brake pads for Rotora BBK?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-08, 10:37 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts
Default What kind of brake pads for Rotora BBK?

Just wondering, those of you guys here that have Rotora big brakes...where do you get your brake pads? And why are the sooo damn expensive?!?

Well at least for my application. I have the Rotora BBK for all 4 wheels. 4-piston 355mm for all 4. I found a few websites selling the pads for $280-320 range and that's just for the front 2 wheels!

I know some of you guys might be saying you gotta pay to play, but that price is just rediculous. I used to have the Supra TT brakes and the pad selection was pretty big, but the thing is those never cost more than about $100-120 for the front pair for the best pads. It's not about how big the pad is either because the pads on the Supra TT brakes are the same size as the Rotora ones. Even Stop Tech 4pots have Axxis ultimate pads that cost $80 or so. Is Rotora using the bait and switch method by sellind a brake kit that costs less than the competitors and then ends up charging 3-4x more for replacement pads?

Let me know where you get pads or if there is an interchangeable part number from Hawk or Axxis. I might swap my brakes out for another brand if there is no other choice than to pay $300 for pads.
Old 04-20-08, 11:37 AM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

from what i heard in the industry, stoptech purchased the rotor manufactuer that makes rotora brake components. thus, a lot of what u see or will be seeing will be similar from either stop tech or rotora. this may be only towards the rotors.

can u give me the model number of the BBK kit u got. i can ask my supplier on monday if there are any alternative sizes for pads to the kit. from the last few sets and replacement sets i got from the supplier, they were axxis ultimates. the most recent was replacement pads for a stoptech bbk rears for an m3, those were axxis ultimate pads.
Old 04-22-08, 08:56 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know how you feel.....I just got replacement pads. Went through Carson Toyota, but they ended up just ordering direct from Rotora.

The part # is RP.04.1

(For search purpose: ROTORA BIG BRAKE KIT - REPLACEMENT PADS)
Old 04-23-08, 02:59 AM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i pm'd u back, but ill post here too cuz maybe some other members are in the same situation...

ok, got off the phone with my rotora supplier.

rotora bbk's use their own brake pads, there are no alternatives. stoptech bbk's however can use axxis pads. jsut gotta do some measuring to find out which one will fit.

so since u got the 4 piston front and rear rotora bbk, u have to use rotora brake pads UNLESS you can do some measurements and basically cross reference it with hawk or some other brand. hawk's part number sytem works on measurements, its on their site how they work it out.

with that said, all 4 piston rotora bbk's use the same brake pad, its RP.04.01 (street). for race pads, its RP.04.02.

sorry man, i thought u can use some other brand, im sure you can, just have to do some digging.

when i did some research, i found that the willwood bbk's for the vw's can use a hawk brake pad. i was hoping the same with rotora.
Old 04-24-08, 01:20 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

i ordered direct from Rotora i think it was 205$ shipped for my 4 piston- now i need some rotors, mine are bad wheel shakes all the time while braking how much would they run?..
Old 04-24-08, 04:19 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

That's why I love my StopTechs... they essentially use a Porsche 993
brake pad, so there are literally a dozen different friction materials and
compounds to chose from. I think my last set of pads for the front axle
were around $100.

Don't know much about the Rotora stuff, sorry!
Old 07-14-09, 02:50 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Soooo

where can i get replacement pads for my IS350 Rotora 6 POT set-up??

Old 07-14-09, 02:57 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

also does anyone know what part number brake pads the IS350's Rotora 6 POT BBK takes??
Old 07-15-09, 07:14 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i would assume that by rotora's pn system it would be RP.06.01?
Old 08-04-09, 03:29 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

is that for sure?

I just want to make sure i order the right pads
Old 08-12-10, 07:43 AM
doramon
Rookie

anyone know any compatible brake pads for greddy/trust 6 pots and 4 pots? thanks
Old 08-20-10, 02:53 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by doramon
anyone know any compatible brake pads for greddy/trust 6 pots and 4 pots? thanks
When I called to replace the carbon kevlar pads on my Brembos, they told me $585 for a pair! LoL, I just laughed... The fantastic customer service at Brembo actually referred me to any parts store saying that they can be replaced with a regular type of pad. I went to a local parts store and brought the pad in. They brought out a catalog with actual sized pictures. He placed my pad on each picture to find a match... Needless to say, found one. Ordered them, 3 days later got them and they worked perfectly

So basically what I'm saying is, go in to a parts place and see what they can do for you. If they cant do anything for you, let me know I can see what I can do I say try an owner operated parts store instead of a main stream one, thats where I was able to get them from. The parts store I went to is known for carrying odd ball parts.
Old 08-20-10, 03:03 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Oh and btw, for those who dont know why they are so much, its because of what they are made of. I wish I could remember what mine were made of, but they certainly consisted of carbon kevlar and some other materials, not that junk ceramic or metallic/semi-metallic ones.
Old 09-02-11, 06:31 PM
Loud1
Rookie

For all those that still don't have a answer for this call Hawk Performance. I forgot the notes at work but the 4 pistons are the same as GTR rears and the fronts 6 pistons are AP Racing. The guys at Hawk were great at getting me the info.
By the way I called Rotora and they were not helpful at all, other than buy our pads only and there is no cross reference. Call these 2 distributors they should have them in stock. Called the distributors and neither one of them had them in stock. I'm still waiting on a phone call from one of them (Not)
I ordered through Tire Rack
Old 09-03-11, 06:10 AM
Loud1
Rookie

Rotoro FC6= Hawk HB109.Z.710
Rotora FC4= Hawk HB193.Z.670

Quick Reply: What kind of brake pads for Rotora BBK?