Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: Which Springs? (IS 250 AWD w/ 19x8.5-38mm offset, 235-35-R19)
Road Magnet 2" Drop Front and Rear
35.29%
Tein S-Tech 1.6" Front and 1.2" Rear
64.71%
Other
0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Tein S-Tech or Road Magnet for AWD? Poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-08, 09:55 AM
VTis250awd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i think i'm gonna order the road magnets tomorrow from the vendor selling them on here. $220 shipped aint bad... now to install them myself or just pay for them to get done? i hate taking my car somewhere to get work done, always seem like something always gets messed up. when i got my windows tinted when i first bought the car they melted the black plastic that separates the passenger side window and the rear passenger side window twice and it took three times to get the passenger side window right! hard to find good service these days, people just do not give a %$^& about other peoples hard earned stuff.
Old 04-14-08, 03:20 PM
Lama
Driver

Originally Posted by lexboi250
^^^ because you have a 350 not an AWD.
What does that have to do with it? There is absolutely no height difference when installing aftermarket springs on an IS250, IS350 and IS-AWD.
Old 04-14-08, 03:51 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

aren't the awd's sits higher? that's what I thought, so putting on after market would make it not as low. I don't know, i'm just assuming, lol

VT, I'd definitly get someone to do it if you don't know how and it's a lot easier i heard if they have a lift to lift it up. I"m gona get my mechanic to do it for me. should be about 2 hours to get it done.
Old 04-14-08, 05:47 PM
VTis250awd
Driver School Candidate

like i mentioned before i have installed lifts before on a few different vehicles which is a lot harder from what i have seen on some of the DIY installs by people on this forum who have lowered there 250/350 themselves... but yeah i think i may just take it to get it done cuz i'm feeling lazy. wheels come tomorrow so i may throw them on and rock my whip looking like a monster truck this week. if i put them on a will take pics, guess i have to order the springs for sure now, might do that tonight online.
Old 04-15-08, 09:33 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

my springs are arriving today , funny thing is some shop wants to charge me 350 to get them installed, LOL.
Old 04-16-08, 10:14 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Psshh

I ask my friend from highschool because his buddy was a former lexus tech, and he told me cuz Im a friend I will get a good deal of 500 for the spring install lol
Old 04-16-08, 01:45 PM
VTis250awd
Driver School Candidate

wheels arrived yesterday, 2 out of 4 were dinged thanks to UPS! they are sending me new wheels as soon as they come in "special order" and paying me back for getting the tires swapped and all that jazz. i'm sick of getting worked up over things like this so i am kinda like whatever about the whole incident, i half expected something like this to happen. the wheels are mounted on the car for the time being until the new ones get here. car looks nice but man do i need to get this thing lowered asap. will post pics as soon as i get this thing lowered, too embarrassed to post pics as is, although once it is lowered i will post the before pics and measurements. thanks for your patience and i will get these pics up asap!
Old 04-16-08, 02:38 PM
VTis250awd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by passnu2
i sent you a PM to a place i got mine from. They are the real deal. I checked this also as i read about it myself. If you are going to pull the trigger purchase from where i did and they are a little less then what you got quoted. Not that its going to make or break but its a little something and I personally had no issues with them!
well i went with the tein s-techs for the is-350 and thanks to this character above i got them for $186 shipped, thanks passnu2!!!!!
Old 04-16-08, 03:02 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lexboi250
my springs are arriving today , funny thing is some shop wants to charge me 350 to get them installed, LOL.
Originally Posted by mikez
Psshh

I ask my friend from highschool because his buddy was a former lexus tech, and he told me cuz Im a friend I will get a good deal of 500 for the spring install lol
is that really how much you guys are paying to get your springs installed?

because if so, either we californians have it good, or you guys are getting ripped off.
Old 04-16-08, 03:31 PM
ktown123
Rookie

Originally Posted by VTis250awd
well i went with the tein s-techs for the is-350 and thanks to this character above i got them for $186 shipped, thanks passnu2!!!!!
can u tell me where u got the springs for 186 shipped?

thx
Old 04-17-08, 08:16 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

no, i know places here that charges 150-200 to get it installed. Anything over that you're getting ripped off.

When I received my wheels, 2 had defects on it, so i sent it back to MOMO, they were very good about it, covered shipping back, and sent new wheels right away. Turn around time was only about a week.
Old 04-17-08, 08:44 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

your welcome
Old 04-30-08, 06:59 PM
VTis250awd
Driver School Candidate

well if you were following this thread i am sorry for not getting pics up yet but they are coming... car is in the shop and will be there until friday. when i pick it up my exhaust, lowering springs, wheels etc will all be installed. if it does not rain all weekend i will get pics or i might go to this covered garage to get pics anyway! ugh the anticipation is killing me!!! my shop is going to also look at the rear deck to see about installing my new ARC sub in the deck instead of making a fiber glass box in the trunk. that will hopefully installed in two weeks or so. well stay tuned and i will post the pics! we should get an awd thread started or use this one for people to post their awd setups wheels, springs etc!

p.s.
i went with the tein s-techs and the hks high powered exhaust because the dude working on my car had a pallet of HKS stuff coming in and got me an awesome deal. funny thing is, some other dude with a 250 had an hks high powered delivered on the same skid.
Old 04-30-08, 08:08 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

well if you were following this thread i am sorry for not getting pics up yet but they are coming... car is in the shop and will be there until friday. when i pick it up my exhaust, lowering springs, wheels etc will all be installed. if it does not rain all weekend i will get pics or i might go to this covered garage to get pics anyway! ugh the anticipation is killing me!!! my shop is going to also look at the rear deck to see about installing my new ARC sub in the deck instead of making a fiber glass box in the trunk. that will hopefully installed in two weeks or so. well stay tuned and i will post the pics! we should get an awd thread started or use this one for people to post their awd setups wheels, springs etc!

p.s.
i went with the tein s-techs and the hks high powered exhaust because the dude working on my car had a pallet of HKS stuff coming in and got me an awesome deal. funny thing is, some other dude with a 250 had an hks high powered delivered on the same skid.

Cant wait to see
Old 04-30-08, 08:23 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

how is the ride comfort on the tein s tech?

Quick Reply: Tein S-Tech or Road Magnet for AWD? Poll