Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

STOCK Suspension Spring/Shock Photo's required

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-08, 03:09 AM
skeet94
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STOCK Suspension Spring/Shock Photo's required

Hi all,

I've been looking at all sorts of coilover kits...from HKS RS to HKS LS+, from Tein CS to Tein Flex, from JIC Magic to Tanabe. I've just not been able to make up my mind - since a lot of the "hardcore" guys tend to not like any of those coilovers since they don't have "consistency" on shock dyno's from one shock to another supplied in one kit.

Having said that I've always been a huge fan of Bilstein - wanted to go with the Bilstein PSS kit but couldn't find them anymore since it's been discontinued. These were the best compromise between handling and ride comfort and had a lifetime warranty.

Now I've found who I've heard nothing but great things about - Chris Wilson - thanks to a good friend of mine who's a fellow Supra owner.

He's had nothing but positive reviews on his setup on the Supra which costs about the same as most coilover setups, but his includes install and full geometry and tailored to your needs. I've read up extensively on mkivsupra.net and all I can see are people who've moved up from various suspension setups (most listed above) to Chris' setup and had nothing but good things to say (ride quality being almost stock and handling being improved hugely).

Now you may be asking why am I rambling on about this - I've decided to get a similar setup designed, custom valved, installed from Chris Wilson and am TRULY excited about it!

Now he's more than willing to work on the car - it'll take anywhere from 1 week to 1 month for him to get everything sorted but he needs to know what the stock suspension spring/shock looks like - including any possible measurements if possible.

So all the people who have had their suspension replaced, and/or have their stock suspension sitting around any chance you could take some photo's and measurements?

Thanks in advance,

Mitul.
Old 03-19-08, 03:04 AM
skeet94
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody with photo's of the stock suspension?