Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

air ride ?

Old 02-13-08, 07:26 AM
toeb
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air ride ?

ive been lookin into the airride set ups for a little while. ive done a serch on this forum cant really find the answers i was looking for. so all you guys with air help me out here. been looking @ the UNIVERSAL AIR SYSTEM i see a few of you guys in the past are using this kit. how is it holding up? i will be installing this myself so whats the install like (is it a big headache?)? i also seen in some other threads about having to mod the rear struts to make this kit work, how much is involved with this? do the fronts have to be mod'ed to. iv got a real good deal on this system and just want some opp's on what you guys think of it. any info would be a big help

THANKS!!!
Toe-B
Old 02-13-08, 07:29 AM
toeb
Pole Position

oh and if i do go with this set up i will have a set of tanabe nf210's for sale cheap. and the have been drove on less than 6'000 miles. my car is just a weekend driver
Old 02-13-08, 09:31 AM
swat1727
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

what's air ride? is it smoother than gas shocks?
Old 02-13-08, 09:34 AM
swat1727
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

"The NF210 coil spring features a tasteful drop, and produces the best overall ride quality and comfort for a performance lowering spring. The lowered stance of the NF210 gives the car an elegant pose, while the spring rates, which are only slightly raised (up to 5% over stock) retain factory ride quality settings."

that's what i found about your The 210. does that mean i could use stock shock with that spring?
Old 02-13-08, 11:36 AM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by swat1727
"The NF210 coil spring features a tasteful drop, and produces the best overall ride quality and comfort for a performance lowering spring. The lowered stance of the NF210 gives the car an elegant pose, while the spring rates, which are only slightly raised (up to 5% over stock) retain factory ride quality settings."

that's what i found about your The 210. does that mean i could use stock shock with that spring?
yes. mine are mounted on the factory struts. ride is nice with these springs. i just wanna go with air to get that slamed look without all the B.S.
Old 02-13-08, 11:38 AM
toeb
Pole Position

i dont know if its smoother but it sure is cooler. i dont drive my gs alot so im going more for show than anything. but do a serch you'll see what i mean
Old 02-13-08, 12:01 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the question that put me in a hold shop owner made the strut bags combo try to work on my car ... and lets say 1650 dollars in the trash ... Not made for the weight of our cars with the room given ..

... Its another air company ... Airride technologies ... great company but No "kits" for our cars .. I went custom

I have that and UAS bags and brackets (excellent)... search on youtube pxrlex see my movies of air ...
Old 02-13-08, 03:14 PM
HybrdArsto
Driver

I have air suspension in the form of AirRunner. Great kit, complete with everything you need. I haven't had any trouble or complaints at all, and it rides super smooth.

AirRunner info can be found at:
http://www.airrunner.co.jp/

and if you have any further questions or want a place to order them, you can visit here:
www.autofashionusa.com
Old 02-13-08, 03:35 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Air Runner is available through High Society VIP.
Old 02-13-08, 07:19 PM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pxrlex
This is the question that put me in a hold shop owner made the strut bags combo try to work on my car ... and lets say 1650 dollars in the trash ... Not made for the weight of our cars with the room given ..

... Its another air company ... Airride technologies ... great company but No "kits" for our cars .. I went custom

I have that and UAS bags and brackets (excellent)... search on youtube pxrlex see my movies of air ...
was that somthing he made that didnt work, or was it this bag setup that im looking @. i talked to the guy today from Universal air sounds like a stright up system. i was hoping to hear some feed back on it air runner is just 2 much $$$$$$$$$
Old 02-14-08, 04:40 PM
slowpokeGS
Rookie

im thinking of going the same route but the only thing stopping me is that i will be using the gs for daily driving around town. mileage would be anywhere from 30-80 miles a day so i was wondering if going air would be an okay choice and if so, which system would you go with?
Old 02-17-08, 05:57 PM
toeb
Pole Position

well i know guys who got air and are daily drivers. i was looking @ the universal air suspension set up using the aero sport bag. witch the bags are what i want to know more about. ive installed setups with the cylinders on hondas be for but this is a bag over strut type............is make me wonder if this is really a good opp?
Old 02-17-08, 06:43 PM
slowpokeGS
Rookie

yea, ive seen the air runner kit on a civic and the guy daily's it and told me that its been holding up so far. hes been driving like that for about 1.5 years now. the only problem that i see is that the gs is almost 2 times the weight of the civic so im not sure how well its gonna hold up.

im getting kitted out and it seems this is the only option i have to keep my kit safe from damage.
Old 02-18-08, 07:51 AM
toeb
Pole Position

well with all my reserch done im gonna bite the bullet and go for it. it seems like a real good kit and the peeps on here that ive talked to on this set up are having no probs with it after a year of use. ill try to take pics and do a good wright up on here as far as the install goes. GOOOOOD LUCK out there!!!!
Old 02-18-08, 11:07 AM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We also have 2 CL members who are waiting to receive their AirForce Hybrid kits in. Once they can post up on fitment and ride quality it should give you one more option to go with.

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2823

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: air ride ?