Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Suspension thread for 2IS

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-12, 12:14 PM
CANDYAPPLE
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can someone tell me what comes stock on the is250 awd version. im not sure if its lowered already before i try and put some springs. the ride feels like its very sturdy and tight already doesnt lose in turns at all. sinc imnot use to awd idont know if a little wheel gap is normal with a 1 in drop or not. i see f-sport all over the place and tokico shocks, with f-sport bars. i really would like to know before i waist money on somethiing thats on there already.i brought it second hand by the way, didnt even know it had this f sport stuff lol
Old 09-26-12, 02:36 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just picked up a 09 IS250 and noticed its way too high stock. Thinking about lowering it but worried about negative camber issues. How much do I have to lower it that the alignment shop can't get the camber back to spec anymore (i'm thinking about a 1.0-1.5" drop). Additionally is there a recommended camber kit and will I need it for both front/rear?

Many thanks in advance...
Old 11-12-12, 10:21 PM
scorpionge
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

like the undertaker ^_^ nice thread.. lol
Old 12-04-12, 12:53 PM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by CANDYAPPLE
can someone tell me what comes stock on the is250 awd version. im not sure if its lowered already before i try and put some springs. the ride feels like its very sturdy and tight already doesnt lose in turns at all. sinc imnot use to awd idont know if a little wheel gap is normal with a 1 in drop or not. i see f-sport all over the place and tokico shocks, with f-sport bars. i really would like to know before i waist money on somethiing thats on there already.i brought it second hand by the way, didnt even know it had this f sport stuff lol
Stock height on the AWD IS250 will have 2.5-3" gap from wheel to fender. You probably have aftermarket springs. As far as the F-Sport sways, I believe they're blue in color, so you can just jack the car up and look for blue.
Old 12-04-12, 12:56 PM
sm1ke
Racer

Originally Posted by pmanliu
Just picked up a 09 IS250 and noticed its way too high stock. Thinking about lowering it but worried about negative camber issues. How much do I have to lower it that the alignment shop can't get the camber back to spec anymore (i'm thinking about a 1.0-1.5" drop). Additionally is there a recommended camber kit and will I need it for both front/rear?

Many thanks in advance...
I'm also curious about aftermarket camber and toe kits. Are there any reviews around for those products? Any recommended brands, or even better, part numbers? Specifically for AWD, since I'm not sure if RWD and AWD camber and toe parts are interchangeable.

I currently have H&R springs sitting in my garage, waiting to be installed in the spring. I'm thinking that with such a mild drop, a camber/toe kit is unnecessary. I should just be able to get away with a 4-wheel alignment, right?
Old 01-22-13, 05:57 AM
AlmaNicole
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone dropped on Buddy Club coilovers? Outside of this forum, they've been reputable, but I haven't seen anyone here talk about having them. I hear that BC Racing is top of the line though for most people here. Any other suggestions? I'm dropping my baby soon!!
Old 01-22-13, 06:55 AM
sm1ke
Racer

^^ Post a link! The more options the better. What do they cost?
Old 01-22-13, 07:06 AM
AlmaNicole
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sm1ke
^^ Post a link! The more options the better. What do they cost?
so buddy clubs for the is250 , when i looked on ebay were like $1,400 ! BUT , I heard they are verrrry good suspension for your car.

Last edited by AlmaNicole; 01-22-13 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-22-13, 08:27 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Pretty pricey. I'd be interested to know how they differ in build quality, spring options, , damper adjustability, rebuildability (I know that's not a word :P), and manufacturer warranty.
Old 02-07-13, 07:01 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...d-and-isf.html

any thoughts on these? i was looking into springs but i think i might just buy these haha seem like a good price!
Old 02-14-13, 01:08 AM
itssdash
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by trubrumgr
Hey guys Am bout to buy some lowering springs for my 2008 IS250 and wasn't sure whether I should get the S Tech or the H Tech springs from Tein. Would anyone out there be willing to give me some advice or let me know what would look better. Currently just have the 18" stock rims on there, but later might get some 19" Vossen rims Thanks in advance!
Originally Posted by istarzan
Any moar reviews of Tein S-Techs?
I have the 2012 is250 f-sport package. I bought my car last May 2012, and then I decided to lower it couple months after.. I went with the Tein S tech springs.. So far still runs like a champ. No problems at all. I hope this helps.. As far as for differences on the S techs or H techs, I believe as description says on both; the S techs are lower than the H techs.. I believe my car dropped more than two inches. One thing for sure, you'll see a big difference from the oem height to the S tech height. need photos? ill post them right now...

okay so getting down to business... first couple photos was oem height ride then shop photos of getting my tein s tech installed and lastly, photo's of ride height after... note to self, sometimes it takes a 3weeks to a month or even 2-3 months for springs to settle in.. With that said, photos of my is250s height ride was around 2-3months after installment of springs. Enjoy

Wtf... Error uploading. Sorry to disappoint you guys.. Pm me your cell numbers and i'll be glad to send you the photos.. Sorry again..:/

Last edited by itssdash; 02-14-13 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Fail adding photos..
Old 02-28-13, 02:34 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AlmaNicole
Has anyone dropped on Buddy Club coilovers? Outside of this forum, they've been reputable, but I haven't seen anyone here talk about having them. I hear that BC Racing is top of the line though for most people here. Any other suggestions? I'm dropping my baby soon!!
I bought BC coils few weeks ago. I'm going to wait until Spring season to install along with exhaust and few other parts.(BTW, bought my 08' IS250 AWD last month). I couldn't say no to the price I got for BC coils and I will post some of pics after install.
Old 04-09-13, 03:26 PM
08WhiteIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PandaIS250
I bought BC coils few weeks ago. I'm going to wait until Spring season to install along with exhaust and few other parts.(BTW, bought my 08' IS250 AWD last month). I couldn't say no to the price I got for BC coils and I will post some of pics after install.
What is your opinion on Airbags. I am debating between air bags or coils.
Old 04-10-13, 06:34 AM
sm1ke
Racer

With airbags you lose trunk space, it costs more than coilovers 95% of the time, and labour to install costs more (If you take it to a shop). Coilovers are cheaper, easier to install, but you don't get the freedom to change ride height at the push of a button/flick of a switch.
Old 04-10-13, 06:39 AM
sm1ke
Racer

I ordered a set of Fortune Auto 500 series coilovers with the Swift spring upgrade from CircuitMS yesterday. From what I could tell, they seem like a very good company. According to them, each and every shock is dyno'd, and they will provide the dyno sheets for each shock if you're willing to shell out an extra $99. They're very upfront about the tech in their coilovers, and based on user reviews they seem like the perfect coilover for my needs. I couldn't find a bad review about these. Available for RWD and AWD!

Quick Reply: Suspension thread for 2IS