Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation > Suspension and Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Swift Springs on an IS350

Old 01-14-08, 11:08 PM   #1
Lim350
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Swift Springs on an IS350

Hey has anyone ever tried the swift springs? it drops the front my 1" and the back by .8". Its supposed to have a nice ride quality but i havent seen anyone with it so far. Does anyone know of a good place to install springs in the San Gabriel valley?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Lim350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 12:24 AM   #2
noenoe_pro
Driver

I use em! I would say its 5/5 lol! i love 'em! it maintain the original quality ride..

Mod: Fujita Intake + -HKS Hi-Power + TE37 Bronze + Tanabe Sustec Pro Five Coilover + Hotchkis Sway Bars + CF Interior + fabulous lip
noenoe_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 08:19 PM   #3
Lim350
Driver School Candidate

thx for the quick reply. looks like only u and me have these springs :P
Lim350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 05:55 AM   #4
Srd555
Rookie

Hello,

I am interested in the Swift springs because they are the only ones I fund to be linear (very important to me). However I am concerned about the spring rates.
The Stock spring rate on the IS350 are 263 lb/in front and 291 lb/in rear. The rates on the swifts are 258 lb/in front and 291 lb/in rear.

Usually lowering springs have higher than stock rate to make up for the less travel you have.

Are you guys bottoming out or hitting the bump stops?
Did the car come down the advertised 1" f/ .8" r, or did it drop more?
Any problems with them at all?

Thank you.

PS if anyone knows of any other linear springs for the IS350, please let me know. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN COILOVERS
Srd555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 03:28 PM   #5
javyLSU
革新的な
Trader Score: (21)

javyLSU

Pocky has Swift springs...

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Javier
Old 07-06-08, 09:03 AM   #6
Srd555
Rookie

Thank you Javy,

it looks good but it also looks lower than the advertised drop of 1f /0.8r
The spring rate questions I asked earlier I need to have answered if anyone knows anything plz chime in.

I will PM pocky to ask if he bottoms out or has any problems at all.

Are their ant other linear springs out there?
Old 05-15-09, 08:09 PM   #7
Srd555
Rookie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srd555 View Post
Hello,

I am interested in the Swift springs because they are the only ones I fund to be linear (very important to me). However I am concerned about the spring rates.
The Stock spring rate on the IS350 are 263 lb/in front and 291 lb/in rear. The rates on the swifts are 258 lb/in front and 291 lb/in rear.

Usually lowering springs have higher than stock rate to make up for the less travel you have.

Are you guys bottoming out or hitting the bump stops?
Did the car come down the advertised 1" f/ .8" r, or did it drop more?
Any problems with them at all?

Thank you.

PS if anyone knows of any other linear springs for the IS350, please let me know. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN COILOVERS
Just bumping this thread back up to see if anyone else has had any experience with these springs and can answer these questions.
Old 05-26-09, 02:08 PM   #8
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Swift website is interesting with more detail than expected. I had never heard of this company before.
Old 05-26-09, 02:10 PM   #9
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Just bumping this thread back up to see if anyone else has had any experience with these springs and can answer these questions.
I was just curious, why the preference for linear spring rate? Are you sure the spring rates are actually linear?
Old 05-26-09, 02:30 PM   #10
Srd555
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS-SV View Post
I was just curious, why the preference for linear spring rate? Are you sure the spring rates are actually linear?

Mostly personal preference from LOTS of experience on and off tracks, but linear rate springs (like the stock springs) are just a whole lot more predictable. You can look up the differences on the net but for this type of car its what I prefer.

I called swift and I have seen pics of the ones for the IS, and they are linear.
Old 05-26-09, 03:01 PM   #11
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Mostly personal preference from LOTS of experience on and off tracks, but linear rate springs (like the stock springs) are just a whole lot more predictable. You can look up the differences on the net but for this type of car its what I prefer.

I called swift and I have seen pics of the ones for the IS, and they are linear.
I see, similar to why I prefer a constant ratio for steering, not variable ratio steering systems.

Given that Swift uses linear rates, it makes you wonder if cars will stay off the bump stops given the approximate 1" drop. Sounds like they are sensible with modest drops for maybe for that reason as well as not messing up geometry/alignment too.
Old 05-27-09, 12:19 PM   #12
Srd555
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS-SV View Post
I see, similar to why I prefer a constant ratio for steering, not variable ratio steering systems.

Given that Swift uses linear rates, it makes you wonder if cars will stay off the bump stops given the approximate 1" drop. Sounds like they are sensible with modest drops for maybe for that reason as well as not messing up geometry/alignment too.
Thats what I was thinking too but the front rate being a lil lower than the stock rate made me pause. The members that have had them say that they are great and that they never hit the stops. The only reason they changed them was to go lower.

One member had Tein CS coil-overs he traded for H&R springs then got the swifts. He said the swift felt and handled better.

I am going to get them soon and I will update this thread.
Old 05-27-09, 01:00 PM   #13
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Thats what I was thinking too but the front rate being a lil lower than the stock rate made me pause. The members that have had them say that they are great and that they never hit the stops. The only reason they changed them was to go lower.

One member had Tein CS coil-overs he traded for H&R springs then got the swifts. He said the swift felt and handled better.

I am going to get them soon and I will update this thread.
Sounds like a good plan, we will wait for your update.

fyi - With my newly installed Eibach 350's (about 450 miles so far), I've only bottomed out once in front and not harshly. For brisk/legal driving the car feels a bit flatter in the corners.
Old 02-21-11, 03:08 PM   #14
jmhtx
Rookie

Any Swift Sport Spring Users out there? I like the linear spring with some drop. These seem to be one of the only options.
VLEDS Interior - Luminics 5150k Ultra White Fogs - 3M CS 35% Tint All Around - Valentine One Detection
jmhtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 03:14 PM   #15
lowrideraz
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

^^^^Look Here in the ISF section:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f...w-for-isf.html

Lou
Old 02-21-11, 03:14 PM

Tags
350, bump, clublexu, clublexus, gs, is250, is350, lexus, rate, review, shocks, sport, spring, springs, stop, swift