Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Swift Springs on an IS350

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-14, 12:24 AM
albertgoq
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OE rates on the f-spot brochure in n/mm

swift rates in kg/mm

Front rate will be same in 45.11N/mm
Rear rate will be slightly slightly softer 50.99N/mm
as compared to srock

Last edited by albertgoq; 06-04-14 at 12:42 AM.
Old 06-04-14, 11:32 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by albertgoq
what do mean discomfort on paper?
just means that, any addition of stiffness by technical specifications won't be noticeable in real life
Old 06-05-14, 02:46 PM
skflowers
Driver School Candidate

Springs and wheels are installed and couldnt be happier. I will probably start up a new thread later on once everything settles down. Because it seems as though there are a ton of reviews up for the Swift Springs on the IS350 but nothing on an IS250.

I spoke to Swift Springs on the phone about the spring rates, and apparently they have the wrong spring rates listed up their website.
The spring rates are in fact
Front- 5.4kg/mm
Rear- 5.6kg/mm

So the spring pressures are in fact stiffer than the oem slightly, and also
The rumors are definitely true the springs are DEFINITELY more comfortable than stock. After installing the wheels and tires however I do feel a little more of the ground than before. And there is no more swaying when turning.

A couple things I did notice was that when it was first installed the front end sat considerably higher than the rear. After about a day of driving though everything settled down. The car is nice and even and the drop is not aggressive. I can stick about 2 fingers in between tire and fender, keep in mind I am a female so its probably 1.5 finger for most of you guys. LOL

I may have made a mistake in my choice of tires, but I used the tire size calculator to figure out my tire sizing. I dont drive fast at all, nor do I do any kind of performance driving so I opted for the stock tire width. I used the calulator to find out the same height. The stock tire sizes were 245/45/17 in the rear and 225/45/17 up front.

I ended up purchasing 225/35/19 for the front and 245/35/19 in the rear. The mistake is that I am running 19x8.5 up front and 19x9.5 in the rear, both at 35 offset. It ended up stretching my tires a little bit

Either way the tire shop said that this is close enough to the original setup that I had.

Im going to give it maybe a week or two to let things settle down and I will post up a new thread with all the details.

But here are some teaser shots of the car. I had to change the lighting of some of the pictures so that you can properly see where the tire sits.

Old 06-05-14, 03:19 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Nice, subtle drop with comfort Enjoy your new ride.
Old 06-05-14, 11:06 PM
albertgoq
Pole Position

great review skflowers are these on stock shocks?

I also emailed swiftsprings USA and they corrected the spring rates, it became higher but still the rates are acceptable still below 6kg

so in terms of riding comfort or soft spring rates it will boil down to the following

Swift (corrected rates)
Front- 5.4kg/mm
Rear- 5.6kg/mm

http://www.tohatsu-springs.com/swift...glaph.html#LXS
Japanese Website
Front- 5.17kg/mm
Rear- 5.21kg/mm

RS-R Downs
Front 5.48kg/mm
Rear 6.00kg/mm

Tanabe NF210
Front 4.9kg/mm
Rear 5.8kg/mm

now if I get the swifts, its time to decide if I install it on stock (tokico) shocks or the bilstein f-sport shocks

Last edited by albertgoq; 06-05-14 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-08-14, 10:40 AM
JETLEX
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

@albertgoq

The swift springs will make a small but noticeable difference; however, in my experience, a bigger difference in ride comfort will come from changing the shocks - this is why I recommended the Tokico HTS shocks for the reasons posted in the other thread. In my opinion, the stock shocks are are still slightly choppy & harsh over pot holes & speed bumps, etc.
Beyond that, you would have to look at possibly moving down to 17" wheels & taller sidewalls (like the AWD version).

The pics that skflowers posted are pretty much what my drop looks like.
Old 09-09-14, 02:24 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 397 Likes on 241 Posts

Sooooo, is swift the firmest of all the lot? Explain it like I'm a 5 year old
Old 09-10-14, 08:17 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

swift makes the best springs in the world i honeestly believe
the one for 2IS is actually quite soft, not stiff at all, oem-like ride
however their drop is very little
which is why i went with road magnet which is also linear but 2" all around and stiffer
Old 09-12-14, 08:42 AM
albertgoq
Pole Position

Still waiting for my swifts to come in, I wonder if it will have a difference with the Tein since the ones I got is the JDM teins which are 1" all around, linear and 5.4kg/mm frt/ 5.8kg/mm rear
Old 10-15-14, 06:52 PM
HAiS250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by albertgoq
Still waiting for my swifts to come in, I wonder if it will have a difference with the Tein since the ones I got is the JDM teins which are 1" all around, linear and 5.4kg/mm frt/ 5.8kg/mm rear
still waiting for your springs ?
Old 12-02-14, 08:06 PM
bakalag
Intermediate

Received 403 Likes on 118 Posts

Update, I am now on F-Sport shocks with the Swift springs and wow. The car is more neutral than before and the turn in is amazing. Still maintains a firm ride, not as soft as OEM shock but good in my book.

I have gone back to my old 18s and it feels like a factory sporty setup
now. Turn in was a lot better with the 19s 235/35 though.

I don't have a pic of it on the OEM wheels with fsport shock and swift springs but I can take one if anyone wants me to. though barely noticable difference visually from stock sport shocks

Old 12-03-14, 09:21 AM
wIS350ne
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bakalag
Update, I am now on F-Sport shocks with the Swift springs and wow. The car is more neutral than before and the turn in is amazing. Still maintains a firm ride, not as soft as OEM shock but good in my book.

I don't have a pic of it on the OEM wheels with fsport shock and swift springs but I can take one if anyone wants me to. though barely noticable difference visually from stock sport shocks

I would like to see the setup with the oem wheels if possiible. I am strongly considering the same setup.
Old 12-03-14, 08:42 PM
albertgoq
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HAiS250
still waiting for your springs ?
shipping here sucks, my parts dealer told me it would be in his shop end of dec or early january. I bought H-techs first as a temporary fix to lower my car. It is also combined with f-sport shocks, it's stiff but not bumpy. I think its the tire choice also I am on RE050's
Old 12-03-14, 09:55 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, good report on springs that are not very common.
Old 12-31-14, 12:33 AM
albertgoq
Pole Position

Do you have a side profile pic of the car with Swiftsprings and F-Sport shocks?

does it have the reverse rake or the stance is even on the whole car?

Originally Posted by bakalag

Quick Reply: Swift Springs on an IS350