Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lower coils...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-08, 05:29 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Lower coils...

I currently have the Bilstein PSS and love the ride but wish they were able to go lower if I wanted like the Tein Flex. My question...Is there any coilovers out there that will lower like some of the various Tein coils but without the associated noise (from what I read) that comes along with many of the Tein models? Not CS BTW
Old 01-10-08, 05:37 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have not had any problems with SS.
Old 01-10-08, 10:15 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

have the CS v2 for about 1 month. so far no noise, knock on wood.
Old 01-14-08, 01:44 PM
taeng
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you might want to look into getting shorter springs for your coilovers. Swift is a company that makes replacement springs for coils. You just need to get the info on your current spring to order a shorter one. I wouldn't suggest getting more than an inch shorter though. I'm actually going to change the springs on my Tein CS's soon with springs from Tein. I was initially going to go with Swift, but found out that Tein has one that fits.
Old 01-14-08, 04:37 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by taeng
you might want to look into getting shorter springs for your coilovers. Swift is a company that makes replacement springs for coils. You just need to get the info on your current spring to order a shorter one. I wouldn't suggest getting more than an inch shorter though. I'm actually going to change the springs on my Tein CS's soon with springs from Tein. I was initially going to go with Swift, but found out that Tein has one that fits.

wait, tein has production springs, you can swap to go lower in their coilover systems?

so then for all the people who wanted to go lower, say w/CS, why doesnt everyone move frwd with what you're doing? is this something new w/tein?
Old 01-14-08, 05:19 PM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

my tein Ha's dont make noise
Old 01-15-08, 07:29 AM
taeng
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
wait, tein has production springs, you can swap to go lower in their coilover systems?

so then for all the people who wanted to go lower, say w/CS, why doesnt everyone move frwd with what you're doing? is this something new w/tein?
I was initially looking into fixing CS's weak drop and found out that I could order springs through swift for a lower drop. Then I figured I would call Tein if they have a shorter spring that mates to the CS and they do. I'm having a friend order them for me. I should hopefully have them installed by next week and I will report back how it worked out. I actually posted a thread on this maybe a week or two back.
Old 01-20-08, 11:46 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

FYI (If you don't know already), Be advised BESIDES buying a shorter spring it MUST be a harder spring (higher spring rate). If you used the same spring rate at the same lowest setting on your coilovers now using a shorter spring you will be more apt to hitting the coilover stopper (which makes a loud clunk noise and is NOT good for the suspension) over bumps - from what I read. That's almost always the trade off with coils; the lower you want 'em the harder the ride is going to be...usually.