Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizens? What a difference!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-07, 05:57 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Daizens? What a difference!

Well after a long wait of acquiring suspension parts(Daizen sway bars,Daizen bushing kit, tierods/ball joints, and roll center adapters), what a difference in the handling!My car feels and handles brand new!I have yet to get an alignment due to getting the car back today, but the drive home from my mechanic was fun within itself! The steering handles alot better and the response of lane switching is very noticeable! The clunking noise(Bad Bushings), I was experiencing on the driver's front side has stopped and my braking has even improved considerably! The entire suspension on the frontend feels very responsive and has even reduced the noise from the Tein Flex coilovers, when going over bumps at increased speeds. I wish I had done this sooner! I'm curious to see how well she handles in curves and corners at high speeds?My next upgrade to the suspension would be the front/rear braces along with the 6 links!

My mechanic did point out to me that my left rear upper control arm bushing has a slice in it and stated that there wasn't any play in it, but recommended me replacing both sides soon! There was some seapage noticed from the water pump on the front stock sway bar, which indicates it's time for the 90k service? Gotta get this done soon (82,000 miles and climbing!).

I'm going to get a tire rotation (dismount/remount) soon, along with an alignment! It's still early to see how well the rca's will help out with the tire wear, but I'm glad to know that they are installed!

For those of you who have yet to do the Daizen bushings, tierods/ball joints, get it done! Just wanted to share the early feedback with my fellow members!

Last edited by Wringo; 11-04-07 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-04-07, 09:06 PM
chiamx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, your motivating me to do mine.
Old 11-04-07, 10:12 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Daizens!

Originally Posted by chiamx
Nice, your motivating me to do mine.
Trust me,,you won't be disappointed! She feels brand new!
Old 11-04-07, 10:18 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad your beast drives as good as it looks now. Good Stuff, those Daizen bushings. Did you do rack bushings as well?
-Will
Old 11-05-07, 05:30 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Thank's!

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Glad your beast drives as good as it looks now. Good Stuff, those Daizen bushings. Did you do rack bushings as well?
-Will
Unfortunately, I couldn't wait any longer for them to come in from back order, so I went ahead with the install of the other parts. Hopefully, when they do arrive I'll be able to land a set. I only drove it for a short period of time from my mechanic to home and it was a blast doing that! I even got tested against a BMW M3 on the way home, and I smoked him weaving in and out of traffic. (He got caught in the traffic!) He would have smoked me if it wasn't for the traffic though! The car handles beautifully! Thank's, Will!
Old 11-05-07, 03:51 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great feedback

I have the Daizen sways with poly brushings (courtesty of Henry aka Rominl) sitting in my garage patiently waiting for ball joints/inner and outter tie rods and the whole Daizen control arm brushing set and HOPEFULLY the steering rack.

I cant wait to get these installed, but I want to wait until I have everything so I can just install it once and call it a day.
Old 11-05-07, 04:47 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default I understand!

Originally Posted by PushinLEX
Great feedback

I have the Daizen sways with poly brushings (courtesty of Henry aka Rominl) sitting in my garage patiently waiting for ball joints/inner and outter tie rods and the whole Daizen control arm brushing set and HOPEFULLY the steering rack.

I cant wait to get these installed, but I want to wait until I have everything so I can just install it once and call it a day.
I had the Daizen sway's(Courtesy of GSteg) in my garage for several months and never opened the box until last Wednesday! I tried holding off for the steering rack bushings as well, but I wanted to get this buttoned up before the end of the year. I will be getting an alignment this week hopefully next week at the latest!It feels so tight and handles like a charm! I was told that installing the steering rack bushings wouldn't require a new alignment,so once they do arrive, I'll be installing them as well! Good luck on your install.You will love driving it again all over!
Old 11-05-07, 08:54 PM
nytoy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

roll center adapters? I didn't see this item listed on there website, what does it do?
Old 11-06-07, 10:28 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default RCA's?

Originally Posted by nytoy
roll center adapters? I didn't see this item listed on there website, what does it do?
Those are not a Daizen product? They are supposed to help with the camber issue. These were ordered from Japan through member Lexforlife-Ed!
Old 11-06-07, 10:37 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RCA probably gives you the suspension travel you lost also with the lowering. I want to do sway bars+bushings so bad too but after all it's said and done, it looks like it'll be expensive.

How are the Daizen sway bars? I know someone on here had one and snapped in half, yikes. I hope that doesnt happen to you. I dunno why but my sway bars seems like it's lost its full effect after I lowered my car...maybe I need the endlinks to be extended or something.
Old 11-06-07, 10:53 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Daizen sway's?

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
RCA probably gives you the suspension travel you lost also with the lowering. I want to do sway bars+bushings so bad too but after all it's said and done, it looks like it'll be expensive.

How are the Daizen sway bars? I know someone on here had one and snapped in half, yikes. I hope that doesnt happen to you. I dunno why but my sway bars seems like it's lost its full effect after I lowered my car...maybe I need the endlinks to be extended or something.
I could tell the added difference in lane swithcing, but nothing more than that at this point? I have yet to drive it since bringing it home Sunday? It feels great so far? Are you referring to your stock sway's or aftermarket sway bars?
Old 11-06-07, 11:48 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Both daizen and TRD bars have snapped before. There could be lots of reasons why they did. But once or twice does not make it a trend for the bars to break.

wringo, what setting do you have on your sway bar?

If you're on the stiffest setting, take your car around an sharper turn. You'll feel the bars tightening up to reduce body roll. I'm on stock bar right now and I dont dare to corner faster than 20mph
Old 11-06-07, 11:50 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco-bun

Which bar do you have?

After awhile, you just get use to the handling. The effects are still there...you're just immune to it
Old 11-06-07, 12:56 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm on stock sway bars with coilovers almost all the way down. It feels like the sway aren't up to par with the coilovers now.
Old 11-06-07, 01:50 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wringo, what year is your car? I ask because I have an '02 and that seems like a lot of suspension work for a 5-year old car (in my case that is). I totally overhauled the suspension on my SC, but that car is 15 years old so it obviously needed it.

Quick Reply: Daizens? What a difference!