Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Stock and L-Tuned Spring Rates

Old 09-30-07, 12:03 PM
nytoy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock and L-Tuned Spring Rates

I searched for a few hours and the best thing that I came up with is that the stock rates are:

Stock front: 392
Stock rear: 280

in kg's it would be 7/5 (front/rear)

But this couldn't be confirmed from any source.

I was not able to find any info on spring rates for the L-Tuned Springs, anyone know?

I am looking to put together a very comfy highway cruiser so I am looking at the tanabe NF210 vs. L-tuned springs and wanted to get the ones that were closer to stock spring rates. They seem about the same drop around 1 inch as the L-tuned, right?

The tanabe NF210 are 7.3 (front) / 5.7 (rear) kg spring rate.
Old 09-30-07, 12:34 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

think about this. l-tuned products are discontinued. so you will have to look for a set of used springs, unless someone has a set never used and collecting dust somewhere. if you get the tanabe's, they're brand spanking new..........unless overall you're looking for a set of used springs. GL

for me, some things i just prefer to buy new.
Old 09-30-07, 02:30 PM
nytoy
Driver

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
think about this. l-tuned products are discontinued. so you will have to look for a set of used springs, unless someone has a set never used and collecting dust somewhere. if you get the tanabe's, they're brand spanking new..........unless overall you're looking for a set of used springs. GL

for me, some things i just prefer to buy new.
Ah I didn't know this, I thought Carson carried them or l-tunedparts.com or whatever it is. Guess that makes it an easy choice! Thanks.
Old 09-30-07, 04:26 PM
dung0981
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i could not find the L-Tuned spring rate before. I did a lot of research, but..... The different between stock spring and Tanabe NF210 is not much, less than 10%. and the Tanabe will provide nicer drop, the front gap and rear gap will be the same .( L-tuned is 1" all around)
Old 09-30-07, 04:32 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

The l-tuneds are discontinued, but I believe you can still buy them from out local vendor, sewell lexus (www.lexus-parts.com). It's the L-tuned shocks that are unavailable, but they're just relabeled KYB GR-2.

I 2nd the Tanabe NF-210. I have the Ltuned springs right now and the tanabe gives a nicer drop all around and the car rides more comfortably.
Old 09-30-07, 04:44 PM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg
The l-tuneds are discontinued, but I believe you can still buy them from out local vendor, sewell lexus (www.lexus-parts.com). It's the L-tuned shocks that are unavailable, but they're just relabeled KYB GR-2.

I 2nd the Tanabe NF-210. I have the Ltuned springs right now and the tanabe gives a nicer drop all around and the car rides more comfortably.

Yep. You can still buy the L-tuned springs brand new from Sewell.
Old 10-13-07, 06:54 PM
movinquick
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

my vote is for the nf210s. had them on for about 2 weeks. looking good and riding smooth.
Old 10-13-07, 08:16 PM
nytoy
Driver

Originally Posted by movinquick
my vote is for the nf210s. had them on for about 2 weeks. looking good and riding smooth.

What shocks are you using? I'm debating going with the NF210's because the lowered ride will decrease shock travel and have it be a bumper ride.
Old 10-14-07, 12:40 AM
movinquick
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nytoy
What shocks are you using? I'm debating going with the NF210's because the lowered ride will decrease shock travel and have it be a bumper ride.
i'm using kyb shocks (the same guys that made the ltuned). do you even want a drop at all? why not stick with oem for a highway cruiser if you dont want a drop?
Old 10-14-07, 05:25 PM
nytoy
Driver

Originally Posted by movinquick
i'm using kyb shocks (the same guys that made the ltuned). do you even want a drop at all? why not stick with oem for a highway cruiser if you dont want a drop?

I do want a drop, but I want to retain comfy highway cruiser status, I'm torn between keeping stock springs and replacing with stock struts or doing the NF210 and bilsteins or KYBs.
Old 10-14-07, 06:22 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Keep the oem springs and get the bilstein HD's.
Old 10-14-07, 07:00 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i'll have my set of hd's up for sale shortly.
Old 10-14-07, 07:00 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by nytoy
I do want a drop, but I want to retain comfy highway cruiser status, I'm torn between keeping stock springs and replacing with stock struts or doing the NF210 and bilsteins or KYBs.
Looks like you want the Tanabe NF210 with the KYB shocks.

my buddy has that combo on his ride and the drop looks better than my l-tuned springs, AND it rides more comfortable too. I say its basically OEM ride quality with less float.
Old 10-14-07, 07:15 PM
movinquick
Pole Position

my buddy has that combo on his ride and the drop looks better than my l-tuned springs, AND it rides more comfortable too. I say its basically OEM ride quality with less float.
i 2nd this statement.
Old 10-14-07, 07:45 PM
nytoy
Driver

Interesting to hear. I got a set of KYB's for my Subaru with stock springs and thought I could feel the cracks in the road a lot more, so I guess I'm worried about the same thing with putting them on the GS.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stock and L-Tuned Spring Rates