Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brake failure Gs

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-07, 03:27 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Brake failure Gs

So in the continuous saga of stuff going wrong with my gs here is another one. I went to my mechanic on Tues cause I kept hearing a grinding noise coming from the left front wheel area. I couldn't figure what it was since it was intermittent and it happened occasionally. The first time I heard it was on Sun for 15 secs and no more even thought I did drive almost the whole day. It came back on mon after I drove for about 20 miles and only stopped after 2 minutes. But when I was going home it wasn't doing anything. So finally when we checked the car the dust shield behind the rotor was slightly bent so we bent it back and than I ask my mech to check the brake pads and as we get to the outside pad on the left front the brake pad is done even though I only replaced it less than 5000 miles ago. Turns out the caliper is seized and over time whatever brake pad material there was rubbed off from continuously touching the rotor. Now the sound that I've been hearing is the empty brake pad resurfacing my rotor as I drive. Now I need to replace the caliper, rotor and brake line. Thanks to Gsoup's help I got TT calipers for a good price and found a set of rotors with brake pads and bought stainless steel brake lines. But now its a waiting game to receive all the parts and I can't drive my car. So I feel like I am going through gs withdrawal. One good thing about all this is that I finally got rims due to this situation. !9"s off the g35 coupe.