Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

install full daizen control arm bushing kit or partial? help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-07, 07:39 AM
trancuongv
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default install full daizen control arm bushing kit or partial? help!

hey guys, im about to get my daizen control arm bushing kit installed but after reading the different threads about others experience with this kit, i have to ask should i install the full bushing kit or just the upper control arm and the castor arm? the reason why i ask is that there are mixed reviews regarding this issue. some say they installed the full bushing kit and everything is fine and dandy, while some say not to install the lower control arm because that will cause tramline and throw the toe, camber and alignment out of whack and cause abnormal tire wear. they are reputable people of here that says one thing and some say the other and i dont know what to do since both are reputable, so im kind of confused on what to do. i would realy appreciate it if those that have these installed in their car chimed in and give me their insight on how these bushings are and if they installed part or the full bushing kit. thanks!
Old 06-13-07, 07:45 AM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd also like to know the answer to the above. I also know for a fact that the camber bolts might have to be replaced if they're rusted (especially those who live places where it rains alot/snow), b/c they'll have to be cut to be taken off.
Old 06-13-07, 09:47 AM
lensf415
Driver School Candidate

Since you know about bushings, and I dont, how do I know mine are bad on my GS? my car shakes at about 50+ mph....is it the bushings?
Old 06-13-07, 09:54 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...4648&page=2#29

do NOT install the one circled in blue (#6) unless your car to tramline like an f1 car.
Old 06-13-07, 12:30 PM
Yegor_khv
Driver

how hard is it to replace the lower arm bushings? I have access to a press machine. I have done it before on nissan, but i heard that this ones are complecated to take out.

Thanks
Old 07-02-07, 05:55 PM
lexbudy
Driver School Candidate

just a reminder: if you're going to install the toyota control arm bushing kits be sure that it is done correctly and properly.. this is to avoid noise or car shakes.. yeah its kinda complicated to take out..
Old 07-03-07, 04:32 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

my personal recc , do not install the lower control arm bushing. the upper a arm and castor arms are a must do , the lower would be great if the car was being tracked and the roads smooth with no crowns or crests or grooves in them. the daizen lower bushing by design is outstanding , but being designed so great has a down side, they dont allow enough deflection to absorb road irreg so the front end will follow every crown , crest and groove, i went through 2 sets of tires with very bad toe wear and believe it or not my camber was actually worse with this bushing on. the moment i went back to oem lower arms , camber came back to spec and no more bad toe wear

i had the car aligned by many different shops with me instructing different setting to fight the bad toe wear and nothing worked

so my personl recc leave the oem arm and do the others