Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TOM'S 6-Piece Suspension Brace Kit & Rear LCB

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-01, 07:25 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i didnt think they would flash!! as soon as i found out they flashed i changed my order

i just wanted the LED for the rear taillights cause i htink it will give the light a different look, almost like the new Acura MDX's tail lights
Old 12-09-01, 10:26 AM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

aren't the 2001 GS tail lights sort of like LED? Put a pre-01 GS and a 01 GS side by side at night and look at the rear lights when the brakes are pressed, the look signifcantly different, the 01 lights are much more beautiful!
Old 12-09-01, 04:33 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 01+ looks different because of the reflectors inside. both use the same bulbs.
Old 12-10-01, 02:47 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Now find something like this for teh 1st gen LS. Awesome mod!
Old 01-16-02, 06:23 PM
GSman
Pole Position

Manaray,

Any new feedback/observations since your last write-up on the TOM's rear suspension?

Also when you get a chance, check you PM.

Thanks,
Old 01-16-02, 07:01 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

back to the Type-A or Type-B rear brace... i know type A (closed) fits with the GS with the Tom's exhaust because the resonators are farther back... GReddy is cat back and i also think the resonators are farther back how would i measure or check? isthere a way u could measure for me or something... maybe ill study your pics and find bolts to line it up with
Old 01-17-02, 12:27 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Retrodrive - Unfortunately, TOM'S doesn't make one for the UCF10/11 (first gen LS)...only for the UCF20/21...and I'm sure they're working on a set for the UCF30/31...

GSman - Everything is still all good! No problems so far...the guys over at TOM'S USA (well, what's essentially TOM'S USA) are great! My parts were installed by a very meticulous mechanic. He took his time doing it right. (sound familiar guys?)

Sasha - If you put your car on a lift, you can see the two bolt locations that mount the front part of the "triangular" brace (front being the OPEN side on the brace I got). That mount point also holds the GAS TANK...(just FYI). On the CLOSED brace, a bar goes across that point.

I am actually going to get the TOM'S Barrel Exhaust so I will be also getting the "complete" brace and the one I currently have will be on sale. If someone is interested, PM me...only PM if you're serious...it's a $335 part and I'm not going to be GIVING it away...
Old 01-17-02, 01:15 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

manaray, i currently have TRD front LCB with TRD sway bars. I am really interested in this whole 6 pieces, can you PM for the price.

when I say i am serious, I am ~
Old 01-17-02, 03:44 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Nice job manaray! Love the pictures. One down side of Tom's performance parts.... no english instruction.. need better manual.. prefer more picture.. not hand drawn.

I am very interest in that MOD also. Can you PM the price that Steve quoted? This will be my mod after the Brake upgrade. Which I'm currently researching.
Old 01-17-02, 01:05 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Hey Wei, the 6-piece brace kit and the rear LCB are sold seperately. I'm only going to be selling the rear LCB. For a price on the 6-piece kit, just talk to Steve Ganz...

Shinchan - just PM Steve (SupraTRD) or call him down at Carson Toyota...(800) 90-TOYOTA

Those pictures should be able to help your mechanic install it...
Old 01-17-02, 01:33 PM
GSman
Pole Position

Manaray,

Check your PM, I'm interested in the LCB. Just curious, does it use existing bolts or come with longer bolts when securing to chassis?
Old 01-17-02, 04:12 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Manaray,

Can you post a ballpark price? Looks good!

Thanks
Old 01-17-02, 11:17 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

On Steve's site (www.l-tunedparts.com), the TOM'S rear LCB is $335 and the TOM'S 6-piece link kit is NOT listed seperately. I think it was in the $300 range also...

GSMan - It used the factory bolts and factory bolt locations...
Old 02-22-02, 11:44 AM
GSman
Pole Position

Hello everyone!

Thanks Manaray for the great writeup! Yesterday I had the following TOM's suspension enhancements installed on my GS.

-TOM's 6-piece suspension brace
-TOM's Rear LCB
-TOM's Rear STB
-TOM's Front LCB with 2 piece brace

As Manaray had mentioned, TOM's has a quality product. Even though I already had the Front TRD LCB, I decided to go ahead and get the TOM's. It appears the TOM's Front LCB has more solid direct connection points to the chassis with the 2 braces further ensuring everything is well connected up front. Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me for pics.

Now on to my driving assessment with TOM's. Absolutely Phenomenal! My driving pleasure was just bumped up to the next level. The steering was more responsive, and more importantly, the rear now stays planted in the curves and feels more connected to the front. Very flat cornering! I have the L-Tuned set-up and did not notice any additional ride harshness with this TOM's set-up.

As always, Steve Ganz offers the best prices and service on TOM's stuff. My TOM's suspension was installed by Impulse Racing down in Torrance. They did a very thorough and quality job and I would highly recommend them.

There you have it!
Old 02-22-02, 01:15 PM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

So the whole 6-piece suspension set up only costs $300 something from Steve?

Quick Reply: TOM'S 6-Piece Suspension Brace Kit & Rear LCB