Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TOM'S 6-Piece Suspension Brace Kit & Rear LCB

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-02, 12:58 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey GSMan, glad to hear you got the "full setup" also...works nice, eh?

Intellexual - It's around there...ask Steve...the rear LCB is another $355 or so though...defintely worth it...
Old 02-27-02, 01:57 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Manaray, where have you been???
Old 02-27-02, 06:41 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Richie - Man, I've been busy as hell. Doing some freelance projects and stuff. Haven't had any time to get on the site...man, I had like 8 pages to posts to read JUST in the GS section (not including the Suspension and Engine sub-sections)...
Old 02-27-02, 10:06 PM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Glad to have you back Manaray.
Old 02-28-02, 10:32 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by trbopooh
Glad to have you back Manaray.
Yeah, we missed you man!!!
Old 04-29-03, 09:14 PM
rwerth7
Driver School Candidate

Default Install of Tom's Six Link

I did the install and it was fairly straightforward with the pics. They were indispensible. You need four jack stands, a good socket set and a torque wrench. The instructions are in Japanese so I had it professionally translated. If anyone would like a copy, let me know.
Old 04-29-03, 09:41 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yet.....more toys and fun from Manaray! How do you do it Mike...? Must be the Wheatley's you eat every morning isn't it?
Old 05-03-03, 02:04 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Uh...this post is HELLA old...Dec. 2001... I don't even play with my GS anymore...I've been completely into my SC lately....love the way the car handles...I can only imagine how well it would do if I had a full bore TOM'S bracing kit like my GS430's...
Old 05-03-03, 01:31 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Manaray
Uh...this post is HELLA old...Dec. 2001... I don't even play with my GS anymore...I've been completely into my SC lately....love the way the car handles...I can only imagine how well it would do if I had a full bore TOM'S bracing kit like my GS430's...
Mike, are you neglecting your GS ???
LOL
Old 03-01-07, 12:43 PM
AristoPra
Lead Lap

Default More picture request

Originally Posted by manaray
The installation is sorta tricky. I would recommend you get someone who's a very competent mechanic to do the work...it's about a 2-3 hour install. If your mechanic needs help, I have a few more pictures that they can use for reference (and they're all hi-res...2048 x 1536)...the instructions that come with the kit are hand drawn and in Japanese...

If you're trying to figure how the pictures are oriented, use the Sway Bar and exhaust pipes as reference (as well as the drivetrain). The resonators (the "tubes" on the exhaust pipes that look like "glasspacks") is in FRONT of the rear Lower Chassis Brace crossbar...the "open" side of the TOM'S rear Lower Chassis Bracs is towards the FRONT of the car (look a the first picture so you can see what I mean)...from that, you should be able to orient the pictures...also, the ends of the swaybars (the flat part where you actually mount the bar...NOT the rubber ring...) point toward the front of the car...

REAL MODS! That's what it's all about! Not some ****ing blinking lights and shiny parts....
This is my next planned mod and would like to know if you can please email me more pics at rbbsupraholic@hotmail.com to help with the install. But if you know any shop(s) in SoCal that can do the install, that would be helpful as well, though I will look to see how hard the install would be. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-01-07, 10:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Lkn4aGS
This is my next planned mod and would like to know if you can please email me more pics at rbbsupraholic@hotmail.com to help with the install. But if you know any shop(s) in SoCal that can do the install, that would be helpful as well, though I will look to see how hard the install would be. Thanks in advance!
lol this thread is all the way from 01, i wonder when will manaray actually log on again

in any case, installing the 6 link and the brace isn't that hard, a lot of shop can do that in socal. go to the socal section (towards the end of the forum main page) and i am sure people can recommend places

installing the rear lcb is not trivial, coz' you need to support the gas tank when putting on the brace
Old 03-02-07, 11:15 AM
AristoPra
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
lol this thread is all the way from 01, i wonder when will manaray actually log on again

in any case, installing the 6 link and the brace isn't that hard, a lot of shop can do that in socal. go to the socal section (towards the end of the forum main page) and i am sure people can recommend places

installing the rear lcb is not trivial, coz' you need to support the gas tank when putting on the brace
i know right!? well, he surprisingly emailed me last night telling me that he'll mail me the instructions in English along with the pics he took! Manaray = THANKS!
Old 03-02-07, 12:03 PM
rwerth7
Driver School Candidate

Default Tom's Rear Brace

English translation of instructions and pics are in the mail.
Old 03-02-07, 01:31 PM
AristoPra
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rwerth7
English translation of instructions and pics are in the mail.
Thanks again, Ron! Really appreciate the help! ! !
Old 03-05-07, 12:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Lkn4aGS
i know right!? well, he surprisingly emailed me last night telling me that he'll mail me the instructions in English along with the pics he took! Manaray = THANKS!
WOW, mike is actually still reading clublexus? damn, that's new to me

Quick Reply: TOM'S 6-Piece Suspension Brace Kit & Rear LCB