Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Front end squeaking over bumps..

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-07, 06:24 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Front end squeaking over bumps..

Well coming home from work tonight i noticed the front end had made a squeak noise going over a bump.. I got home and with the car parked i pushed down on the passenger side fender and heard the squeak again.. Its sound like its coming from the area of the Ball Joint. The drivers side was fine so its just the one side.. My guess is its the ball joint.. The car is just shy of 60k and i don't run the car hard at all.. But its definitley coming from the wheel area where the ball joint is.. Who's with me on the Ball Joint guess.. LOL

Tony
Old 05-11-07, 05:15 AM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Since it has gotten warm here in Michigan I notice I have the same type squeak coming from my drivers front and rear? I recently got some L-tuned springs and KYB shocks installed at the dealer and I don't know if that had something to do with it.

Same symtoms though, going over a bump, squeak squeak squeak, push down on the fender, squeak! I've had the Daizen sway bar bushings in for over a year so maybe they due for some more lube!
Old 05-11-07, 06:15 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by GUNRU-GS4
Since it has gotten warm here in Michigan I notice I have the same type squeak coming from my drivers front and rear? I recently got some L-tuned springs and KYB shocks installed at the dealer and I don't know if that had something to do with it.

Same symtoms though, going over a bump, squeak squeak squeak, push down on the fender, squeak! I've had the Daizen sway bar bushings in for over a year so maybe they due for some more lube!

Well the weather has changed here in FL alot the last couple of days.. Cool and than hot during the day.. I don't have any sways just stock front end.. I'll try to lube the bushings with some grease.. Its really not bad just annoying.. I can only hear it if the radio is turned down..LOL ...Thanks

TF
Old 05-11-07, 10:13 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

you're not the only one with squeaking problems

I have the same noise that Gunru-gs4 has. I'm betting its my sway bar bushings though. If not, then the rubber top hat for the suspension might be too worn out.
Old 05-11-07, 10:52 AM
tomtnc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is the Daizen sway bar bushings. Remove the bushings, clean off all the old grease, and re-grease them. Use a silicone-based grease. Daizen recommends a "proprietary" grease, but I don't believe there is anything "proprietary" about it.

This is a thirty minute DIY job.

I typically have to re-grease my Daizen sway bar bushings (due to squeeking) about once a year.
Old 05-11-07, 11:22 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by tomtnc
It is the Daizen sway bar bushings. Remove the bushings, clean off all the old grease, and re-grease them. Use a silicone-based grease. Daizen recommends a "proprietary" grease, but I don't believe there is anything "proprietary" about it.

I typically have to re-grease my Daizen sway bar bushings (due to squeeking) about once a year.
I'm running stock sways with Next to new Tein CS about 4k on them..

I drove to work today and everything is fine.. But last night i was going slow and heard a faint squeak. while turning into my neiborhood and going over a little bump. It only does it at certain times.. Its not serious i don't think. When i drive everything is quiet...
Old 05-14-07, 09:56 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Had the same symptoms on my car before. After re-greasing the daizen sway bushings, the symptoms went away. My bet is on the bushings!
Old 05-15-07, 04:57 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Found the issue.. It was the rubber piece thats sits on th top of the spring and underneath the strut tower.. Trust me i sprayed everything down..
Old 05-15-07, 09:31 AM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tomtnc

Hey Tomtnc,

I've got the Daizen sway bars too and mine are squeaking. Would you post how to remove the sway bar bushings and how to clean and regrease them? A little DIY tutorial for those of us who need directions. This would be much apprecitate.

Also - what grease do you recommed? Name and where to get it would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

Scott