Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brake dust TSB for is250 owners (TSB now released, attached) merged threads

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-07, 08:10 AM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

probably.. its only the front brakes that give off excessive brake dust for me.
Old 04-19-07, 08:14 AM
syn1313
Rookie

please tell us when...
Old 04-19-07, 08:15 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

So what I'm getting out of this thread from some of you is that you wanted the TSB to come out just so you could get *free* pads? Thats a shame.
Old 04-19-07, 08:18 AM
syn1313
Rookie

not really,, i want it to come out so i can take it back to the A-hole at the dealership and make him change my brakes cause i was complaining the first couple of weeks i got the car, with the squeak and dust. All he told me was i needed new brake pads and rotors. i just got the car dumb a**.. now i can have paper work and fight the system..
Old 04-19-07, 08:35 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
So what I'm getting out of this thread from some of you is that you wanted the TSB to come out just so you could get *free* pads? Thats a shame.
WTH is wrong with that???? Are you crazy? Free brake pads and less dust.
Old 04-19-07, 09:10 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
nobody pays for their new pads so why shouldn't they get the free ones if they could? I have the done the TSB on my IS350 and the dust in the front is just as little as the back.
Old 04-19-07, 10:03 AM
Haiko
Rookie

I was just about to buy the 'low dust' replacements at Sewell ... nice!

Is this confirmed, does anyone know when it will be released? I have a service appt next week, would be great to get this done at the same time.
Old 04-19-07, 10:27 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ben_r_
WTH is wrong with that???? Are you crazy? Free brake pads and less dust.
Way to reinforce my thought that a lot of the owners on this board are just cheap, whiny girls who are obsessed with getting as much for free from the dealer and corporate as they can. (No offense to the actual girl(s) on this board).

A lot of people presumably did some research on this board before they bought their cars. If so, they should already have known plenty about the brake dust issue. Yet after purchase, they are SHOCKED there's this much dust, and demand that Lexus pay for that dust. The type of materials used makes this dust. There's no defect here. Are they also shocked that their farts stink?

Anyway, do people think this is really "free"? It's a tragedy of the commons problem. Toyota is not just going to give out free pads and not recoup the costs elsewhere. It'll either come out of future R&D on ultra high performance brakes because people aren't interested in those, apparently. Or they'll just raise part prices across the board. Or they'll just build in the cost of the TSB on next year's model, which will hit you when you eventually get another car. But hey, you got yours, so it's all good, I guess.
Old 04-19-07, 10:36 AM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

welll i dont know when.. thats why i said SOMETIME* this month.. so at the end of the month.. imma go and get my tsb and have my brake pads changed and my brother whom works at lexus is gonna change my rotors as well
Old 04-19-07, 11:17 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sirkfc
Way to reinforce my thought that a lot of the owners on this board are just cheap, whiny girls who are obsessed with getting as much for free from the dealer and corporate as they can. (No offense to the actual girl(s) on this board).

A lot of people presumably did some research on this board before they bought their cars. If so, they should already have known plenty about the brake dust issue. Yet after purchase, they are SHOCKED there's this much dust, and demand that Lexus pay for that dust. The type of materials used makes this dust. There's no defect here. Are they also shocked that their farts stink?

Anyway, do people think this is really "free"? It's a tragedy of the commons problem. Toyota is not just going to give out free pads and not recoup the costs elsewhere. It'll either come out of future R&D on ultra high performance brakes because people aren't interested in those, apparently. Or they'll just raise part prices across the board. Or they'll just build in the cost of the TSB on next year's model, which will hit you when you eventually get another car. But hey, you got yours, so it's all good, I guess.
lol yep!
Old 04-19-07, 11:46 AM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

agreed! but why i want the new brake pads is when i get aftermarket rims! cleaning them will be a pain in the ***.. i could give a 2 S***s about my stock rims gettin dirty and im sure its not that big of a loss in performance for the differential of the brake pads
Old 04-19-07, 12:07 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

What a weak argument. By your logic, 350 owners who get their pads changed, not just 250 owners, are also whiny girls because they should have already known plenty about the break dust via research. Give me a break.

People aren't "shocked," as you seem to think they are. People are just dissatisfied with it. And what's wrong with that? That the the reason why the TSB was issued in the first place! It's not a safety issue, it's a just a huge complaint by the owners.

My 250 has an immense problem with brake dust in the front... more than any car I've ever been around. Am I surprised by it? No, because I did the research and knew of it before I bought the car. Am I happy with it? Of course not! So if Lexus says they, too, recognize that it's too much dust and offer to exchange the old pads for new ones that correct this problem, why the hell wouldn't I do it?

Seems to me like you're the one who's the whiner.

Last edited by Reyngel; 04-19-07 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-19-07, 12:30 PM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Way to reinforce my thought that a lot of the owners on this board are just cheap,.
what's wrong with that? I can't be cheap because I own a lexus?
Old 04-19-07, 01:51 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Reyngel
What a weak argument. By your logic, 350 owners who get their pads changed, not just 250 owners, are also whiny girls because they should have already known plenty about the break dust via research. Give me a break.

People aren't "shocked," as you seem to think they are. People are just dissatisfied with it. And what's wrong with that? That the the reason why the TSB was issued in the first place! It's not a safety issue, it's a just a huge complaint by the owners.

My 250 has an immense problem with brake dust in the front... more than any car I've ever been around. Am I surprised by it? No, because I did the research and knew of it before I bought the car. Am I happy with it? Of course not! So if Lexus says they, too, recognize that it's too much dust and offer to exchange the old pads for new ones that correct this problem, why the hell wouldn't I do it?

Seems to me like you're the one who's the whiner.
Preach on brother! That guys a weirdo. He actually thinks they are going to lower the prices of lexus' if we dont all have their company TSBs done. Apparently he doesnt understand basic company business plans... Even if they found a way to make these cars for HALF of what they make them for now tomorrow, they would STILL raise the prices because they can and will make more moeny doing so! They arent in the business to make less money, they are in the business of making ALL the money! YES they did make a killing off of you, no matter how much you THINK you saved on the purchase of that car. And YES you should take EVERYTHING you can get free from them and be thankful they were honest enough to right an obvious lacking in the final products results.
Old 04-19-07, 02:03 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Preach on brother! That guys a weirdo. He actually thinks they are going to lower the prices of lexus' if we dont all have their company TSBs done. Apparently he doesnt understand basic company business plans... Even if they found a way to make these cars for HALF of what they make them for now tomorrow, they would STILL raise the prices because they can and will make more moeny doing so! They arent in the business to make less money, they are in the business of making ALL the money! YES they did make a killing off of you, no matter how much you THINK you saved on the purchase of that car. And YES you should take EVERYTHING you can get free from them and be thankful they were honest enough to right an obvious lacking in the final products results.
That's why you buy toyota stocks to get "share the wealth" with them... heh heh heh......

Quick Reply: Brake dust TSB for is250 owners (TSB now released, attached) merged threads