Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

never heard of these coilovers? your thoughts..

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-07, 07:19 PM
smarti
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default never heard of these coilovers? your thoughts..

found these while browsing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEX-C...QQcmdZViewItem

4 way dampening ones:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEX-C...5730QQtcZphoto

anyone have these or heard of them.

Last edited by smarti; 03-27-07 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-27-07, 08:58 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smarti
found these while browsing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEX-C...QQcmdZViewItem

4 way dampening ones:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEX-C...5730QQtcZphoto

anyone have these or heard of them.
You don't want them. They are junk. A guy I knew back when I had my IS300 had them and the shocks leaked oil after a few months. I'd say wait a few months until I do a full review on a new coilover system that I promised you will like better than Tein and cost less.
Old 03-28-07, 10:00 AM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
You don't want them. They are junk. A guy I knew back when I had my IS300 had them and the shocks leaked oil after a few months. I'd say wait a few months until I do a full review on a new coilover system that I promised you will like better than Tein and cost less.

What coilover system is this? Please post the brand and any links so we can all take a look at it. Thanks!
Old 03-28-07, 11:04 AM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ebay. enough said. I would not trust ebay with something as important as suspension. Imagine if those would fail while driving.
Old 03-28-07, 11:14 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
I'd say wait a few months until I do a full review on a new coilover system that I promised you will like better than Tein and cost less.
Got to make sure that 'review' is unbiased please If they aren't developed yet how can you make promises that it will be better than Tein and cost less IMO NO coilover setup is possible to be perfect for everyone... there are different tolerances for different purposes and the driver's sensitivity to ride quality and noise.

Do your research - there are lots of quality alternatives out there with different characteristics... if you're looking for budget-minded options, keep your eyes on the CL classifieds for a lightly used set.
Old 03-28-07, 11:26 AM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Got to make sure that 'review' is unbiased please If they aren't developed yet how can you make promises that it will be better than Tein and cost less IMO NO coilover setup is possible to be perfect for everyone... there are different tolerances for different purposes and the driver's sensitivity to ride quality and noise.

Do your research - there are lots of quality alternatives out there with different characteristics... if you're looking for budget-minded options, keep your eyes on the CL classifieds for a lightly used set.
Dave, they do make a setup for the 2nd gen GS already and I have them installed on my car now, but I don't like the way it is setup from the factory. Therefore, they are going to make a customize setup for me so that I can do some testing. I'm not going to be releasing the review until I have the new set installed and corner weight etc... I'll let both you and Krista drive it before I writeup my review. You know me, gotta get the best of everything. Handling and ride quality is too important for me to take short cuts. Therefore, I'm willing to go out of my way to give potential buyers the best setup that can be had. Oh, thanks for the link about spring rates, but I still need the damping rates since that's the hard part to determine on coilovers..