Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TM Engineering!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-07, 02:24 PM
mk3kid-1jz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TM Engineering!!!

So i ordered the complete front and rear upper and lower! DAIZEN a-arm polyurathane bushing kit with replacement sleeves from tm engineering about a month ago for my sc300. well i got around to actually install the bushings and noticed im missing four inner sleeves and two outer sleeve shells for the front lower control arms!!! OMFG!, after i had removed the front upper and lower control arms!!! JESUS! i called them a million times left messages! emailed them! hell i drove to thier facility! and they were closed so all that effin' work for nothing!! i am really upset! has anyone ever gotten in contact with them if so. can someone please direct me to them! its been 3 days and nothing! no response what so ever!!!
now my alignment is all screwed up. i appreciate it, to helping me resolve this issue. thanks

-Roger

Last edited by mk3kid-1jz; 01-20-07 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-20-07, 05:19 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

i ordered the upper and lower daizen bushings for the front and rear. also the steering rack bushings. everything came in no problem. strange. are you supposed to reuse certain sleeves? i didnt personally do the install, but the mechanic made no mention to having any problems.

on a side note, i think their customer service is 50/50.
Old 01-20-07, 05:23 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Thats weird. I also ordered steering rack bushing from them about two months ago and they came within 2-3 days. Last week, I went to TM engineering last tuesday with a member here and TM was closed. The white GS, an sc300, and a soarer was there, but no one was there. they didn't even pic up the phone that day. I would understand if it was a sunday, but we were there on a tuesday..
Old 01-20-07, 05:26 PM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lunch? hmm that sucks, i got all mine fine....
Old 01-20-07, 08:53 PM
mk3kid-1jz
Rookie

BTW these are the ones missing!! its a total of 4 sleeves and the 2 outer shells that go around the bushings. thanks
-Roger

Old 01-20-07, 09:21 PM
KidPandJ
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's funny, cause they've never returned one of my emails. I just assumed that was a singular thing. Maybe not though.
Old 01-20-07, 10:52 PM
White98ARISTO
Goldmember

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
Thats weird. I also ordered steering rack bushing from them about two months ago and they came within 2-3 days. Last week, I went to TM engineering last tuesday with a member here and TM was closed. The white GS, an sc300, and a soarer was there, but no one was there. they didn't even pic up the phone that day. I would understand if it was a sunday, but we were there on a tuesday..
Originally Posted by mk3kid-1jz
So i ordered the complete front and rear upper and lower! DAIZEN a-arm polyurathane bushing kit with replacement sleeves from tm engineering about a month ago for my sc300. well i got around to actually install the bushings and noticed im missing four inner sleeves and two outer sleeve shells for the front lower control arms!!! OMFG!, after i had removed the front upper and lower control arms!!! JESUS! i called them a million times left messages! emailed them! hell i drove to thier facility! and they were closed so all that effin' work for nothing!! i am really upset! has anyone ever gotten in contact with them if so. can someone please direct me to them! its been 3 days and nothing! no response what so ever!!!
now my alignment is all screwed up. i appreciate it, to helping me resolve this issue. thanks

-Roger
The white GS is mine. Believe me, Todd is not ignoring anyones emails or calls. He is a one man sales/customer service/technian and is very busy and sometimes not at the shop during what we may consider normal business hours. That's why most of the time, he is by appointments only. My car has been there almost 1 month doing a lot of stuff and waiting for parts and I can't even get in touch with him sometimes and he has my car, so I can understand your frustration, but I know that he's not ignoring me, but just doing a lot all by himself. I'm sure when he gets back to you, he will get you the right parts.

Tommy
Old 01-20-07, 10:58 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

not for nothing, but if your car is currently being held by a 'shop' or anyone for that matter, they should always be accessible or at least return your calls.
Old 01-20-07, 11:04 PM
White98ARISTO
Goldmember

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CleanCL
not for nothing, but if your car is currently being held by a 'shop' or anyone for that matter, they should always be accessible or at least return your calls.
He does return my calls and answers my emails when he can in a timely manner. He even responds back to my emails at 4AM sometimes. I didn't say that he hasn't reponded back to me the whole 1 month, I'm just saying sometimes he's not there when I call the shop.

Tommy
Old 01-20-07, 11:16 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by White98ARISTO
The white GS is mine. Believe me, Todd is not ignoring anyones emails or calls. He is a one man sales/customer service/technian and is very busy and sometimes not at the shop during what we may consider normal business hours. That's why most of the time, he is by appointments only. My car has been there almost 1 month doing a lot of stuff and waiting for parts and I can't even get in touch with him sometimes and he has my car, so I can understand your frustration, but I know that he's not ignoring me, but just doing a lot all by himself. I'm sure when he gets back to you, he will get you the right parts.

Tommy
Ah, that's your GS huh? That is one nice car. Anyway, the fact that a white SC and the Soarer there does not mean he is there. Those two cars are almost always there. But I agree. The business is run by one person and one person can do only so much. He is there at some odd times but he will get back to you.
Old 01-21-07, 01:01 AM
mk3kid-1jz
Rookie

well.. i really hope so, driving like this sucks!!! i hate it, and the fact that its my daily driver! anyone have any suggestions?
Old 01-22-07, 11:28 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

It's been stated many times that Todd needs to just hire some help, why he won't is anyone'e guess. But it would make things work a little smoother if customers had a point of contact during normal business hours. I believe out of about 8 emails I've sent to TM that I got a response to only 1.

Todd is a cool guy and knows his stuff, but I know how much of a PITA it can be to do business with someone and then not be able to reach them for a period of time when there's an issue that needs to be resolved. Good luck to you.
Old 01-22-07, 03:09 PM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Back to the question at hand, just wondering which part number you ordered?
You have the option of buying just the bushings themselves or you can buy them with the outer shells and such.
If your part number is *S1-2002 then you just ordered the bushings.
If your part number is ***S1-2004 then you ordered the complete set which comes with new outer steel shells and inner sleeves.
There is like a $90 difference between the two models. Hope things workout for you man.
Old 01-22-07, 03:49 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sc300max
Back to the question at hand
lol, it's all yours. I'm gone.

Last edited by mikeloc24; 01-22-07 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-22-07, 04:00 PM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
lol, it's all yours. I'm gone.

^^Haha my bad it makes sense now. I should have wrote "Maybe theres a chance the wrong part numbers were ordered..." instead of "Back to the question at hand..."

Quick Reply: TM Engineering!!!