Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

What are some good cross drilled rotors for the the GS?

Old 01-17-07, 08:33 AM
soakgame
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are some good cross drilled rotors for the the GS?

Any brands or links you can recommend? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-22-07, 03:26 PM
David1969
Pole Position

Just remember that the big problem with drilled rotors is that they tend to crack in the space between each hole. This is a big problem that most people try to stay away from and choose to go slotted-only to avoid this issue. If the cracks occur, you'll chew up your pads super quick, not to mention a really bad outcome if it happens while under extreme braking. With the GS's being very heavy cars, i wouldn't purchase these items for my personal car. If i ever replace the rotors, i'm going slotted-only.
Old 01-23-07, 07:18 PM
400 Degrez
Driver

I would go oem rotors dude.
Old 01-23-07, 09:55 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Either the Brembo or Rotora slotted.

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/model/st..._id=9&cat_id=4
Old 01-25-07, 01:02 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have slotted/drilled iRotors, they used plain Brembo blanks and drill/slott them, since I do not race my car, they are fine for everyday use and look great.. payed $250 for set of 4 on ebay.. And most people on here have very good feedback on these, that is why I bought them.. good luck.. here is a link to mine:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=258364
Old 01-25-07, 01:05 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

either go with OEM rotors or get bigger brakes.

Many cross drilled rotors (OEM blanks that have been drilled) tends to crack and chew up your brake pads. Our cars have one of the best braking distances out there. I have yet to see anyone decrease that length by going with OEM-size cross drilled rotors.
Old 01-25-07, 01:36 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did my set up for the looks mostly.. After reading other peoples experiences where they did not have any problems, I decided to go with these.. Will see.. Since I do not break hard or race my car, I think they would be ok..
Old 01-31-07, 09:50 PM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg
either go with OEM rotors or get bigger brakes.

Many cross drilled rotors (OEM blanks that have been drilled) tends to crack and chew up your brake pads. Our cars have one of the best braking distances out there. I have yet to see anyone decrease that length by going with OEM-size cross drilled rotors.
Sorry but I have OEM x-drilled rotors and as soon as I put them on I felt a HUGE difference. Even when my buddy hopped in and drove the car (I was tanked!) he looked at me as if he smelled something bad and said "what the hell is wrong with your brakes?" and when asked him why? "your car is stopping pretty quick". Thats how I knew they are doing their jobs.

In conclusion, maybe they aren't such a big difference like going 14" rotors and such but a difference they still pose.
Old 02-01-07, 07:44 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Get the 2-piece RacingBrake rotors. Lighter by 1 pound each--thus helping handling and acceleration(less unsprung weight).

I recommend slotted as they don't weaken the structure of the rotor. I find that my brakes feel much more responsive and bite harder now!

http://www.racingbrake.com/GS_300_s/4382.htm

GS300, GS400, GS430 : the Racing Brake rotors are all the same.
Old 02-17-07, 08:33 AM
David1969
Pole Position

The holes/slots do NOT make your car brake better. They are used to dissipate the heat from hard braking which causes brake fade. Drilled rotors lose considerable surface area which means less active braking area for pad-to-brake rotor contact. The use of slot/drilled rotors is only beneficial if you're doing alot of braking which is typically for road course events or windey roads where you are pushing the car harder than normal. For regular everyday driving, save some money and go with regular rotors from your favorite manufacturer of choice. For regular usage, the only reason to buy slotted/drilled rotors is for the bling factor.

For better braking, you need to go with bigger brakes. Period!

If you want the brake pedal to feel as if you're braking harder/better, upgrade your brake lines to stainless steel brake lines. That will eliminate the soft feel you get when pressing on the brake pedal as the rubber OE lines expand. That's why you have greater brake pedal travel. It's not noticeable until you change from stock rubber lines to stainless brake lines. This evaluation was done with my Cobra and it was a night and day difference when racing and bringing the car back to a slower speed quickly.
Old 02-24-07, 11:24 AM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad I read this post cause I was about to order some drilled rotors for the Bling factor because they look so good on my dogs C-Class.
Old 03-04-07, 09:15 AM
David1969
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Shawnmack
I'm glad I read this post cause I was about to order some drilled rotors for the Bling factor because they look so good on my dogs C-Class.

Always lots of great info on this site. That's why i keep on coming back for more great info by actual owners of these awesome cars. Now why do you hate Romo?
Old 03-04-07, 09:32 AM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David1969
Always lots of great info on this site. That's why i keep on coming back for more great info by actual owners of these awesome cars. Now why do you hate Romo?
Romo probably cost him some green during that playoff game

Or his an avid Cowboys fan