Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: 20mm or 25mm, which would look best after 2" drop? Please add comments w/ your votes.
20mm
28.57%
25mm
71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

20mm or 25mm H&R Spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-07, 09:11 PM
eskinol
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20mm or 25mm H&R Spacers?

Hey guys, so I have TT rims and finally decided to get some spacers this year. I tried doing some measurements and came down with these #s. 20mm or 25mm on all 4. I know some people slap on some 15mm with the TT, but I still think that its tucked. 20mm, I think, will be comepletely flush with the fender. 25mm will be slightly agressive, protruding about 5mm-8mm. Keep in mind this is with stock height/suspension. So if I were to drop it, the wheels will cave in a bit. I'm leaning towards the 25mms, but would just like your opinions. Thanks

PS: I plan on rolling/shaving my fenders as well.

-esk

Last edited by eskinol; 01-12-07 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-12-07, 09:22 PM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

20mm to be safe, do u plan on rolling your fenders?
Old 01-12-07, 09:33 PM
VGnomore
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are doing what I was going to do with tt wheels.I have a set of 20mm project kiks spacers and a set of 15mm project kiks spacers with studs and lugs for 125 shipped let me know.
Old 01-12-07, 11:40 PM
eskinol
Lead Lap

Yes, I do plan on rolling/shaving my fenders. I should of added that. I'll do it now.

-esk
Old 01-14-07, 09:09 PM
VinnyQH
Lead Lap

25mm!!!! do it!! roll those fenders!!
Old 01-18-07, 02:03 PM
eskinol
Lead Lap

I think I'm going to try out the 20mm. For some reason, I had a dream about them, and it was exactly what I wanted. I'll post pics when I decide to get them and slap them on. Thanks

-esk
Old 01-18-07, 02:08 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

How about just getting rims that fit properly instead of using (arguably) an unsafe size spacer.
Old 01-18-07, 11:22 PM
slo86
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5mm doesnt make much difference in terms of looks. i doubt that you'll notice an extra +5mm offset
Old 01-19-07, 12:13 AM
eskinol
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mkorsu
How about just getting rims that fit properly instead of using (arguably) an unsafe size spacer.
Reason for this, is TT are closest to one of the best stock looking rims on an SC. There are the new spyders off the 06+ is but those cost just as much as a "proper fitting rim." Not only does it suit the stock clean look I'm going for, but also fits my price range. So I hit 2 birds with one stone.

As far as "unsafe spacers," its been known that many track people use spacers to increase their performance thus effecting speed. I won't elaborate on what is already obvious, otherwise, I'm sure you know how to search.

But, yeah, those are my reasons.

I do understand about 5mm having minimal visual differences, but that is also the reason why my decision is difficult. If I regret going with the 20s I'll get the 25s repost pics. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Thanks for your opinions, its greatly appreciated.

-esk

Last edited by eskinol; 01-19-07 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-19-07, 07:51 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by eskinol
Reason for this, is TT are closest to one of the best stock looking rims on an SC. There are the new spyders off the 06+ is but those cost just as much as a "proper fitting rim." Not only does it suit the stock clean look I'm going for, but also fits my price range. So I hit 2 birds with one stone.

As far as "unsafe spacers," its been known that many track people use spacers to increase their speed and performance. I won't elaborate on what is already obvious, otherwise, I'm sure you know how to search.

But, yeah, those are my reasons.

I do understand about 5mm having minimal visual differences, but that is also the reason why my decision is difficult. If I regret going with the 20s I'll get the 25s repost pics. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Thanks for your opinions, its greatly appreciated.

-esk

Please enlighten me. How in God's good name can a SPACER help increase SPEED??

Or is it that the additional stress on the axle by moving the placement of the wheel an additional inch out cause some extraterrestrial physics to come into play and multiply the Horsepower and Torque through the muffler bearing.
Old 01-19-07, 07:55 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Oh...as far as "search" is concerned. Yes, I do know how to use it quite effectively.

Such as finding out how easily you contridict yourself.

For sleepers who wish to widen then wheels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, so I've been doing some extensive researching on how to make supra TT wheels more flush, and I have finally found a solution that is perfect, or least for my tastes.

I know many of you just throw on spacers, with hubcentrics of course, to give the car a more flush/vip status look. This itself is a great idea, but some people, such as myself, just don't like the idea of throwing on spacers due too the poissble problems that may arise with them.

As for others, including myself once again, believe that even the supra tt rims are just a tad bit skinny and that it wouldn't hurt to got bigger.

Well the solution is simple, you widen your rims. This will not only fix the tucked in look of the stock tt rims, but eliminates the use of spacers completely. This also allows the driver, depending on they're suspension setup, to utilize larger tires, increasing gripping capacity thus improving handling. (This applies to almost any rim)

As far as quality, and reliability, pictures speaks a thousand words.

Questions can be answers by clicking this link.

Anyways, here you go:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ar-wheels.html

-esk
Old 01-19-07, 01:49 PM
eskinol
Lead Lap

So your saying... once someone says something, its never possible for them to do "more" research and find new info that could possibly change they're whole view on a subject? Because if thats so... then your saying humanity consists of ignorant beings w/ no mental capacity to rectify their thoughts and actions. Too bad thats not how we are... cuz then, I would have really been embarassed.

Look at the time difference between that post and this. You can clearly see there is some space in there. I did mention that I did do "extensive research." Did I ever mention that I stopped?

Anyways, this isn't a thread to discuss such issues, its to help me decide on whether I want to get 20mm or 25mm spacers. If your actions are to prove that spacers aren't advantageous and rather are disadvantageous, then create a new thread and discuss it there. Please don't take my thread off topic. Thanks

PS: I modified it so you'll understand what I meant by "speed". If you'd like, you can read it again. If you still don't get it, go do research.

-esk

Last edited by eskinol; 01-19-07 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-19-07, 02:27 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Very well. Back on topic then.
Old 01-19-07, 03:26 PM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mkorsu
Oh...as far as "search" is concerned. Yes, I do know how to use it quite effectively.

Such as finding out how easily you contridict yourself.
haha im with mkorsu

physics is working against you here pal.

i have no idea how moving the wheels outwards will increase performance...
getting a WIDER wheel will increase how your car performs, but putting them outwards will only spread them away from the center of gravity and hinder them.

wut u say makes no sense

and if i were you i would save for proper fitting wheels, i wouldn't try to make stock supra wheels become something they aren't... if its not in your price range then save up
Old 01-19-07, 07:05 PM
eskinol
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lucky SC
haha im with mkorsu

physics is working against you here pal.

i have no idea how moving the wheels outwards will increase performance...
getting a WIDER wheel will increase how your car performs, but putting them outwards will only spread them away from the center of gravity and hinder them.

wut u say makes no sense

and if i were you i would save for proper fitting wheels, i wouldn't try to make stock supra wheels become something they aren't... if its not in your price range then save up
Anyways, this isn't a thread to discuss such issues, its to help me decide on whether I want to get 20mm or 25mm spacers. If your actions are to prove that spacers aren't advantageous and rather are disadvantageous, then create a new thread and discuss it there. Please don't take my thread off topic. Thanks
-esk
Umm... I can see that you can read by agreeing with what someone said, but it seems you will only read what your narrow mind will comprehend. Again, please stay on topic and if you still chose to comment on it, at least add a comment towards the reasons why I started this thread in the first place. Thanks

-esk

Quick Reply: 20mm or 25mm H&R Spacers?