Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Who wants Stronger *ENDLINKS* for the rear sway?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-06, 12:47 PM
Fisher503
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who wants Stronger *ENDLINKS* for the rear sway?

I found a someone who knows our cars like the back of his hand, who is willing to make them for us. Who wants them? How much is a fair price?
What Color? Who is willing to put a deposit directly with the guy?
Old 10-26-06, 12:52 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Suggest you put a lot more useful information into this thread, such as what the nature of these new endlinks is, what is the reputation of the person/business that is making them, pictures of prior work, etc. No one in their right mind will put a deposit down given the information you've provided.
What color?
Old 10-26-06, 02:15 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Also, please contact DaveGS4 or AsianGirl007 if you are planning to promote and sell the item. Unless an exception is made, only CL vendors can engage in such activities. Thanks.

Last edited by Neo; 10-27-06 at 02:48 AM.
Old 10-26-06, 03:21 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats what i tought

Other than that, i would go for it any time
Old 10-27-06, 06:30 AM
Fisher503
Lead Lap

Neo I am not trying to sell an item. Just found a guy that everyone can contact on their own and let know that they are interested in them.

Color yes some after market endlinks are colors (the middle section area) Like Red, or Black.

I will get some pics of his work. I was just posting this to see interest because I want a set, He said if enough people want the he will make it.

Last edited by Fisher503; 10-27-06 at 06:34 AM.
Old 10-27-06, 07:22 AM
SC3ooToy
Driver School Candidate

Whats his contact info. Fisher503? I'v been looking around for these for a long time!
Old 10-27-06, 09:13 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fisher503
I found a someone who knows our cars like the back of his hand, who is willing to make them for us. Who wants them? How much is a fair price?
What Color? Who is willing to put a deposit directly with the guy?
Neo I am not trying to sell an item. Just found a guy that everyone can contact on their own and let know that they are interested in them.

Color yes some after market endlinks are colors (the middle section area) Like Red, or Black.

I will get some pics of his work. I was just posting this to see interest because I want a set, He said if enough people want the he will make it.
Yes, I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you are not selling and profiting from this. You are, however, doing prelim marketing for him with all the questions. There is probably a need for this so it may be beneficial to the members. This person you found, however, is not a CL vendor but will be benefiting from its membership.

Like I said, contact the appropriate admins to make sure the fine line between helping and promoting is not crossed. Thanks.
Old 10-27-06, 10:23 AM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Need info like material/construction?, ball joint?, how are they likely to affect the ride?, anodized?, painted?, lubrication?, method of attachment?.

Speaking for myself, with Daizens, I have a mild level of interest, but I'd be leery of replacing the stock part, unless a real improvement could be realized.
Old 10-28-06, 03:38 PM
rwheelz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may be interested depending on the design and quality! rwheelz@adelphia.net
Old 11-29-06, 09:22 AM
rwheelz
Pole Position

did anyone ever make these? I just found one of my rear endlinks bent. The nut had fallen off and that side was totally disconnected!
Old 12-01-06, 10:36 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

ok everyone. Please refer to this for custom, gangsta, DIY endlinks that I have personally used for 3 years without a problem.

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701081946

Have fun.
Old 12-01-06, 11:06 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

so you made one of those for your gs?
Old 12-01-06, 11:18 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Not yet, Haven't found the need. But I will once all my suspension items have been installed. I am not going to waste time making this until I get Daizen sways and everything else.

But I have done this to a few cars, everyone seems to be generally happy with it. Plus this write-up that I showed you is the original design, the re-worked design, is that you buy Greasable joints (these have zerk fittings in them so that you can use a grease gun). Plus they are adjustable, and are strong as hell. Just look at your stock endlinks, they are tiny. They deffinatelly flex a little before they press on the swaybar. This type of endlink makes a noticable difference to your handling.
Old 12-01-06, 02:40 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Damn, I'm trying to figure out whther these are ghetto, high-tech, or government-issue. Nice idea.
Old 12-04-06, 05:58 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Its ghetto-hight-tech. On a serious note, those performed nicely. The Probes had nice handling, but thick swaybars used to always break the endlinks. At about $80 a peice, I replaced about 7, which was more then enough for me. When I tried the custom endlink, it was like heaven, never broke one again, had adjustablility, and never broke that damn grease cover like the stock ones. Should work for the GS pretty easy if someone wants to try.

Quick Reply: Who wants Stronger *ENDLINKS* for the rear sway?