Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Bushings Squeek.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-07, 06:26 AM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pavster, so you saying your castor (big bushings) bushings squeak too? I thought the upper control arm bushings are the ones that squeak since they move the most, I don't think castor bushings would squeak much since they don't move that much, or I am wrong, I just replaced my front and rear sway bar bushings to Daizen and the rack bushings, so you saying my sway bar bushings will squeak also??? Do they sell rubber ones OEM from Lexus if I will have to go back to rubber sway bar bushings?
Old 01-23-07, 06:57 AM
pavster
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My front sway bar bushings start squeaking within 10k miles; I regrease them, and they are good for another 10k. My rear sways squeak once in a while, but I never bothered to regreased them -- I don't think the rear swaybar moves side to side as much as the front, so the grease stays in place longer. The castor arm bushings squeak under hard braking -- it's more of a moan than a squeak. For me the performance/feel is worth the occasional noise/effort, so I won't be swapping anything out. But I can imagine a squeaky control arm bushing -- that must be annoying, and you have to take the front suspension completely apart to regrease them.
Old 01-23-07, 07:26 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i haven't read all the posts here, but has anyone contacted daizen about this?
Old 01-23-07, 08:25 AM
black_gs99
Lead Lap

mine started sqeaking at the first sign of cold weather and i thought maybe it was because they didn't use enough lube so i took it to my buddy's shopo and he sprayed some kind of non-alcohol based lubricant onto at the bushings that were replaced and the noise was gone and has never come back (3 months now) i'll check with my buddy and find out what he used and let you guys know.
Old 01-23-07, 08:28 AM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

that be nice.. that is what my mech friend told me.. that is what he told me he would try for me tomorrow when we do some other work on my car..
Old 01-25-07, 11:44 AM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Default Squeaking resolved!!!

Ok guys.. Problem with Daizen control arm bushings I think is fixed!!!

After reading few forums, I went to Autozone and got White Lithium Grease in the spray can that comes with a little straw.. Me and my mech sprayed the hell out of those bushings with almost the whole can last night. Today in the morning it was 47 degrees and raining, nasty! And my bushings did not squeak when I was going over same bumps and dips I usually go over going to work! Usually they would squeak like hell espacially if it is cold like today. Usually they would squeak a little in 80-90 degree weather, but if it goes down below 70 they would squeak more. So in todays weather they should have squeaked pretty bad, but they did not! Everyone please try this! I don't know if this is temporary for now, since it has only been one day, but I have a good feeling about it. I will spray more tonight when I change my ATF, change HID bulbs, and try to fix my god damn steering problem that is driving me insane since the car was purchased, thats another story. I will post this in other threads related..

-Dennis
Old 01-25-07, 12:17 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice find! i can't wait to get some and jack up the ride to spray it all over.

Last edited by cliffud; 01-25-07 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-25-07, 12:22 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

no man.. I think it is just fine. I read on few other forums that people have successfully used it. Plus Autozone guys said it would work great.. So, I think it should be fine..
Old 01-25-07, 12:26 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

lithium grease is great. I bought the valvoline synthetic blend grease (lithium based) and I use it all over my car. All the bolts and nuts that I take off, i use it to put back so if I ever want to take it out again, it'll wont be seized.
Old 01-25-07, 12:56 PM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dlomonosov
Ok guys.. Problem with Daizen control arm bushings I think is fixed!!!

After reading few forums, I went to Autozone and got White Lithium Grease in the spray can that comes with a little straw.. Me and my mech sprayed the hell out of those bushings with almost the whole can last night. Today in the morning it was 47 degrees and raining, nasty! And my bushings did not squeak when I was going over same bumps and dips I usually go over going to work! Usually they would squeak like hell espacially if it is cold like today. Usually they would squeak a little in 80-90 degree weather, but if it goes down below 70 they would squeak more. So in todays weather they should have squeaked pretty bad, but they did not! Everyone please try this! I don't know if this is temporary for now, since it has only been one day, but I have a good feeling about it. I will spray more tonight when I change my ATF, change HID bulbs, and try to fix my god damn steering problem that is driving me insane since the car was purchased, thats another story. I will post this in other threads related..

-Dennis
Did you retorque the bolts? If you do, it will help.
Old 01-25-07, 01:07 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

no I did not.. I figured my friend mech did not put enough grease on them at first, so they did not squeak for 3 months and then started. So we did not retorque them yet.. I want to see if this will help.. If it never comes back then they were torqued ok, if it will even after spraying more grease tonight, then I will retorque them. -Slick, did you happen to find the specs for me to torque these correctly?
Old 01-25-07, 01:21 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffud
hey guys - i don't know if these daizen bushings are the culprit. i don't have the bushings (only on my sways) and I have the squeak - but so does my dad and he has a completely stock GS.

i bet it's something else.
I have the same problem and my GS is stock. I have a squeak/creaking noise when going over speed bumps and a creaking/rattling like noise when driving at low speeds over dips and road inperfections mainly on the right side. I thought it could be the lower ball joints since that is a big problem with 2nd Gen GSs but 2 mechanics said they were fine. When I went last week they said it was my strut mounts making the noise from metal to metal rubbing and they said they put in a divider and lubricated to stop the noise. It seemed to help a little but a few days later it is back to squeaking and creaking over speed bumps and road imperfections. It does this even when it is hot out but it seems to be the same thing most of you guys are experiencing with your Daizen Bushings. Was it always the case that the car never squeaked without the aftermarket bushings but started as soon as they were put on or could it be something else?
Old 01-25-07, 01:28 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

yes it squeaked after bushings were changed out for Daizen.. Sounds like your ball joints or and strut mounts are bad.. I don't think the bushings would make that noise since OEM are rubber..
Old 01-29-07, 05:30 AM
black_gs99
Lead Lap

i'm not sure what the name is of the oil we used but it was a hydrolic oil.
Old 01-29-07, 08:01 AM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

Hey guys and gals, correct me if I'm wrong but do the Daizen bushings come with a grease in a small packet just for the purpose of them not squealing? I purchased polyurethane suspension bushings for another car I have and they came with 2 packets of this lube. I'll try to find it and post, because both being polyurethane, you should be able to use on the Daizen bushings

Quick Reply: Daizen Bushings Squeek.