Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Bushings Squeek.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-06, 11:39 AM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pavel, how are you?
Hey man, just like I thought!! These damn bushings are squeaking now. I remember me and you talked about it and I remember you mentioned it on some thread about your concern of these bushings squeaking in cold weather.. The weather was between 50-60 for last few days here (FL), my right front end side is squeaking like crazy over bumps and dips. Horrible. I should have only replaced the caster (big lower bushing), since that one I think is not the one squeaking, correctly if I am wrong, but the upper and the camber arm bushing are the ones prone to squeaking. I do not have camber arm bushing, I have oem ones in there still. Plus the big caster arm bushings takes care of 80% of slop in the front end and loose steering problem. These bushings also made my car more bumpy too.. I am not too happy either with these bushings squeaking. I wounder what would happen to people up north with 10-20 degrees outside in the winter, and how bad those bushings would squeak?! During the warm weather these bushings are ok, but GS is not suppose to squeak, I am ashamed to take my clients in my car right now to show properties (I am in Real Estate), since it squeaks like cheap crap.. This needs to be addressed. Also before my purchase of these bushings, I read some threads where people were concerned about these bushings squeaking in colder weather, I thought it would happen to people that would not greese them right, mine were greased good, and I see all of you guys confirm that yours were also grease well.. This is bad.. Can some moderators or mechs like Todd from TM Engineering chime in and tell us how to fix this or prevent this from happening. I just ordered Daizen OEM sway bars replacement bushings and steering rack bushings to replace from TM Eng. and I am conserned if those would squeak also..
Old 11-27-06, 11:51 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

the steering rack bushings shouldn't squeak at all. It's mounted in a way that it's not subject to move.
Old 11-27-06, 12:11 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

thanks.. thats at least good.. How about the Daizen sway bar OEM replacement bushings, would they squeak? I have them too, ready to get put on.
Old 11-27-06, 12:38 PM
luciano
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, this needs to be addressed, my squeeking is now on every minor road imperfection not just speedbumps
Old 11-27-06, 01:05 PM
pavster
Driver

I am sorry to hear that, man! I only replaced my castor bushing -- all the others are stock, and even that squeaks under hard breaking, when there is most load on it. I am thinking about buying a new set of stock castor arms with stock bushings in them. I think the only way you can cure the sqeak is to get new control arms.

I also get squeaks from my sway bar bushings. I re-lube them really well each time they start to squeak, but the squeak comes back after 7-10 thousand miles.

I think the only real solution would be a car with stiffer factory bushings, like the G35, M45, or a BMW.

-Pavel.

Originally Posted by dlomonosov
Pavel, how are you?
Hey man, just like I thought!! These damn bushings are squeaking now. I remember me and you talked about it and I remember you mentioned it on some thread about your concern of these bushings squeaking in cold weather.. The weather was between 50-60 for last few days here (FL), my right front end side is squeaking like crazy over bumps and dips. Horrible. I should have only replaced the caster (big lower bushing), since that one I think is not the one squeaking, correctly if I am wrong, but the upper and the camber arm bushing are the ones prone to squeaking. I do not have camber arm bushing, I have oem ones in there still. Plus the big caster arm bushings takes care of 80% of slop in the front end and loose steering problem. These bushings also made my car more bumpy too.. I am not too happy either with these bushings squeaking. I wounder what would happen to people up north with 10-20 degrees outside in the winter, and how bad those bushings would squeak?! During the warm weather these bushings are ok, but GS is not suppose to squeak, I am ashamed to take my clients in my car right now to show properties (I am in Real Estate), since it squeaks like cheap crap.. This needs to be addressed. Also before my purchase of these bushings, I read some threads where people were concerned about these bushings squeaking in colder weather, I thought it would happen to people that would not greese them right, mine were greased good, and I see all of you guys confirm that yours were also grease well.. This is bad.. Can some moderators or mechs like Todd from TM Engineering chime in and tell us how to fix this or prevent this from happening. I just ordered Daizen OEM sway bars replacement bushings and steering rack bushings to replace from TM Eng. and I am conserned if those would squeak also..
Old 11-28-06, 05:51 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

This freakin sux donkey *****. I knew it. I don't know what made me think that these poly bushings would be any different. I though, hmm, maybe Daizen is a good brand. Yea ok, these bushings don't even have that fine thread that retains greese in them. Well at least these problems are comming out before I put mine in.
Old 11-28-06, 07:32 AM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

today the temp went back up to 75 outside and they do not squeak just a little tinny bit.. I can only imagine what would happen to people up north with freezing temps outside..

Pavster, you are correct.. We all here trying to make our GS's be BMW handling and steering feel wise. But these cars were ment to be supper soft and drive like a pig. You are right, we might just need to bite the bullet and go get a BMW and be done with it. 2002-2003 BMW e39 (540i sport or M5) were very reliable, I was on bimmerfest.com and plus looked up edmunds for consumer reports and people's reviews and they are great. BMW fixed all the bugs in those years and those cars are reliable, since they came out in 97, those were 5-6 year production. And those, in my eyes were the best looking BMW's. I love my GS for the looks, motor, tranny, pick up, but thats it. The interior rattles and squeaks, the door panels and center panels squeak and creeks when pushed on turns with your legs.. Materials used inside the car and not even close to e39 BMW, the new GS on the other hand is night and day, materials used and fit and finish in it is top notch, drives better then 2nd gen GS, but still numb and steering is disconnected.. Plus, I spent more money on my GS to maintain and fix all the things on it then my e46 2000 BMW with same 100k miles..
Old 11-28-06, 12:19 PM
RacerLex
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eman88
the solution was to re-torque the bolts correctly and the squeak should go away...
Any of you guys did this yet? I've had Daizen sways for a couple of years now - still quiet.
Old 11-28-06, 07:38 PM
eman88
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All,
I installed Daziens sways an when I heard squeaking I thought it was the bushings, I re-greased them twice and the squeak never went away, until I had my son sit in the car and turn the steering wheel back and forth and found where the noise was coming from........not from the bushings but from the c-round streering rack bushing...I greased it up and noise is finally gone...thank god...
Old 11-29-06, 01:20 PM
GoFaSSter
Driver

I have only had the Daizen bushings for about 3000 miles, but I have no squeaking. I am in N.Cali. where it is cold (35-45 deg) and quite wet this time of year. I have really liked the bushings and they got rid of all my vibrations, I hope the squeaks stay away.

edit: I just wanted to be clear that I have all the control arm bushings and not the sway bar bushings.

Last edited by GoFaSSter; 11-29-06 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-29-06, 01:30 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

today is 75 degrees and my right side squeaks on bumps and dips still.. I think upper control arm bushings need to be lubed.. I can only imagine how much that would be to take them appart again and lube them.. Is there any lube I can maybe try to spray on to the bushings and see if it fixes the squeaks..
Old 11-29-06, 04:32 PM
WillieGS3
Driver

Just received my Tein CS from Carlson today. I have flex coilovers that making noises turn out that Daizen bushing is the one to blame?
Anyway I will install new CS and let you guys know if noises slow down.
Old 11-29-06, 04:33 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

yeah, the thread is about the Arm bushings, not necessarily the swaybar bushings. (there are other threads on that)

I know my stuff is torqued down to the number in the manual.
Old 11-29-06, 07:18 PM
eman88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BA_GS400
yeah, the thread is about the Arm bushings, not necessarily the swaybar bushings. (there are other threads on that)

I know my stuff is torqued down to the number in the manual.
The thread is titled "Dazien Bushing Squeak" which means it could pertain to anyone of Dazien Bushings not just the A-arm bushing, which by the way I have the Dazien upper/lower, steering and sway bar bushings installed on my car..and it was the Dazien steering bushing that was squeaking...
Old 12-01-06, 04:09 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

aight already

Quick Reply: Daizen Bushings Squeek.