Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Springs Perform on Mountain Run

Old 10-14-06, 10:29 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Daizen Springs Perform on Mountain Run

Well I installed the Daizen Performance lowering springs on the GS 430 and it's really low. I get a lot of compliments on the car now that's it's lowered. The car rides alot more firm than stock,even when I had on the Teins; it's a much sportier feel. More than likely I'm going to switch out the springs, because I prefer the lowered look with the comfort feel.

These are my first Daizen product and wanted to see if the springs really perform like they say it will. Well I went to the N.Georgia mountains today to take the car through the twisties to see what they will do. The last time I went to the mountains I had the Tein springs, which performed really well considering it wasn't the 'sport' ones. Another concern of mine is that I have 19's and you can barely get one finger in the rear wheel well.

Well I was in the mountains for a while doing sweeping turns, different elevations, switch backs and S- turns. The ride was mixed with regular driving and spirited driving. I love that term. Anyway, they really performed really well. So well that I was considering not changing them out and compromise the luxury feel. Man I wish I had my STB to really make the car perform...especially in the twisties. The car didn't bottom out at all with the switch backs with the tight banking. At high speeds there is absolutely no floating what so ever. I kicked myself that I didn't bring my digital camcorder; I brought my car mount but not the camera ...idiot move. Anyway that would have been some really cool footage. I had a few bikers (sport bikes) and sports cars (Miata, Audi TT, etc) running behind me on a few spots and areas.

Regarding how the Daizens ride quality felt, I was really surprised. It was really comfortable and smooth throughout all of the turns. I'm going back up there in a few weeks once the leaves start to change a littke more. This/next time I'm bringing my digital cam and will have some video. I can't wait to start making my mountain run DVD and have my STB, and some Daizen sways installed. I really recommend these springs for their performance and lowering looks. Oh well, I had a ball people.
Old 10-15-06, 07:46 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Hey Eric, so that's what you bought with the money from the RMM exhaust? Are you running the Daizens with the stock shocks? Can you post some pix of your car from the side?
Old 10-15-06, 08:09 AM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KANEDL25
Hey Eric, so that's what you bought with the money from the RMM exhaust? Are you running the Daizens with the stock shocks? Can you post some pix of your car from the side?
Hey man, actually I bought them before so I would have them for the LexFest meet. yeah, I'm still running on the stock shocks. Here is the car rolling and sitting with the Daizen springs.
Attached Thumbnails Daizen Springs Perform on Mountain Run-rollin.jpg  
Old 10-15-06, 08:11 AM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Here is another one from LexFest 06'.
Attached Thumbnails Daizen Springs Perform on Mountain Run-sitting-hard-ii-medium-.jpg  
Old 10-15-06, 09:03 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

The car sits nice with those springs. Damn I have to go take pix of my car and post them up. I've been procrastinating.
Old 10-15-06, 09:17 AM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

I know what you mean, I didn't even take these pics. They were taken during the LexFest function. I need to take some myself.
Old 10-15-06, 07:59 PM
nhanphat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the camber on Daizen springs?
Old 10-15-06, 08:02 PM
mvallido
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's VIP lookin!