Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RI, CT & MA owners with Coilovers- help

Old 09-13-06, 05:55 PM
GSV8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RI, CT & MA owners with Coilovers- help

I would really like to find some members who have installed coilovers and meet up to go for a ride. I have installed Lsportlines and KYBs and I am just not happy, too uneasy at highway speeds, in the twisties or when driving a little aggressive. I have replaced the following also: controls arms, outer ties, ball joints and urethane swaybar bushings for stock bars. My rack could need a little attention, but I think what I feel is in the suspension.

Any help is really appreciated.

Gerard~
Old 09-14-06, 04:36 AM
GSV8
Driver

bumper-bump
Old 09-14-06, 05:46 PM
GSV8
Driver

Does anyone KNOW anyone in RI/MA/CT that has coilovers?
Old 09-15-06, 06:30 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

I had coilovers and they are completely different than springs and shocks. They are much much tighter and handle way better. Unfortunately you wont find many members around here that have them unless you go to NY. My car is gone and now i drive a stock GS. Sorry bro but if you are thinking about it do it, you wont regret the change.
Old 09-15-06, 04:07 PM
GSV8
Driver

Nice looking white GS bro!! You sold it and bought another stock GS, what gives there? I am sure it is out in posts somewhere but...I have read through some of the threads on coilovers- I am looking for a set that will give me 1.5 fingers of gap both front and rear. I have stock 17s and may one day go to 18s but that is uncertain now. I spend 70% of my time on the highway. Finally, for stiffness on a scale of 1 being stock LS soft to 10 being Tein stiffest offering, looking for about an 8. Any thoughts?????

Originally Posted by Lexis11
I had coilovers and they are completely different than springs and shocks. They are much much tighter and handle way better. Unfortunately you wont find many members around here that have them unless you go to NY. My car is gone and now i drive a stock GS. Sorry bro but if you are thinking about it do it, you wont regret the change.