Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Eibach lowering springs with stock wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-06, 01:51 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts
Question Eibach lowering springs with stock wheels

Those of you with the Eibach pro-kit lowering springs and stock wheels, how is your car settling? Any pictures? I have the sport suspension so I'm wondering how much lower the car would be with the Eibach springs?
Attached Images  
Old 08-24-06, 01:53 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I took some pictures and measurements right after I got them installed, but I'll take new measurements and pictures tonight and see if they're any different. And oh yeah, I'm pimpin' the STOCK wheels...

Javier
Old 08-24-06, 01:55 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by javyLSU
I took some pictures and measurements right after I got them installed, but I'll take new measurements and pictures tonight and see if they're any different. And oh yeah, I'm pimpin' the STOCK wheels...

Javier
Awesome. I actually love the stock wheels and I have no plans to get aftermarket ones. The are already 18" and fit the car so well. I'm going to take some measurements of my stock sport suspension setup tonight for curiousity sake and compare it to yours.
Old 08-24-06, 04:10 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the eibachs and love the stance . . . wouldnt have it any other way. They settled nicely and the ride is still great. A++
Old 08-24-06, 04:50 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

stock wheels as well...
Old 08-24-06, 07:43 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Okay everyone - as promised, here are pics of measurements taken right after installation of my Eibach springs and two weeks later, after they've had a chance to really settle...

Here's the clearance from the front lip right after installation:

And here's a picture from the same point 2 weeks after installation:

Here's the height at the center of the front fenderwell, measured from the ground right after installation:

And here's the same picture 2 weeks later:

Finally here's the "right after install" pic of the rear fenderwell:

...and two weeks later:

As you can see, all the measurements are exactly the same except for the rears, which appear to have settled another 1/4 inch. It bears mentioning, though, that my "right after" pictures were about 40 miles after I got them installed. I'm also absolutely AMAZED by the ride quality of these things - I can't tell any difference at all from the stock (non-sport) suspension. Hope this helps!

Javier
Old 08-24-06, 08:07 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them installed riding on some 19'' aftermarket rims.

I have to say, the RIDE is great, and I can only tell a slight bit that the car has been lowered.

GET THEM!!!
Old 08-24-06, 08:17 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How does everyone go over tall speed bumps. Do you get enough clearance My only worry is if I put them on my 350 sport it will be pretty low and scrap the front.
Old 08-24-06, 08:29 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by Julez
How does everyone go over tall speed bumps...
Very slowly... All joking aside, though - since these springs REPLACE your stock springs, the end result will be the same. From where you're starting with the sport suspension, it won't be that much further of a drop. It's not like you'll be driving a low-rider or anything... If you encounter any speed bumps taller than 6 inches, you should look into getting a truck!

Javier
Old 08-24-06, 08:44 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very slowly... All joking aside, though - since these springs REPLACE your stock springs, the end result will be the same. From where you're starting with the sport suspension, it won't be that much further of a drop. It's not like you'll be driving a low-rider or anything... If you encounter any speed bumps taller than 6 inches, you should look into getting a truck!

Javier
Which type of place would you recommend getting the springs installed at? Dealer? Firestone? Sears?
Old 08-24-06, 11:45 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

This is not hard to do, just make sure you go to a place that is not trying to rip you off for the installation... (which means DON'T go to the dealer )

Javier
Old 08-25-06, 12:32 AM
sanwong
Driver

Originally Posted by caymandive
Those of you with the Eibach pro-kit lowering springs and stock wheels, how is your car settling? Any pictures? I have the sport suspension so I'm wondering how much lower the car would be with the Eibach springs?

here is mine with stock wheels and Eibach pro kit

they say the proper way to measure the distances are from the lower lip of the wheel to the bottom of the fender.....that eliminates any differances due to different tire pressure levels
Attached Thumbnails Eibach lowering springs with stock wheels-100_1048-medium-.jpg  
Old 08-25-06, 02:24 AM
Phillip31
Pole Position

Have any of you guys installed the Eibach springs for either the IS 250 or 350 on ur AWD???......i know people have used Tanabe springs...but never heard or seen anyone with Eibach Springs on AWD....i think i like the eibachs better
Old 08-25-06, 11:06 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Okay everyone - as promised, here are pics of measurements taken right after installation of my Eibach springs and two weeks later, after they've had a chance to really settle...
Javier
I have the sport suspension and with your eibachs settled you are sitting almost exactly 1" lower at both the front and rear.
Attached Thumbnails Eibach lowering springs with stock wheels-front.jpg  
Old 08-25-06, 11:07 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Front Side of my car.
Attached Thumbnails Eibach lowering springs with stock wheels-front-side.jpg  

Quick Reply: Eibach lowering springs with stock wheels