Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

need to firm up the suspension!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-06, 05:56 AM
BUSTN
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to firm up the suspension!!!

Well, I really need to firm up my suspension.I notice way toom uch body roll and bounce with the set-up I have now.I am running l-tuned shocks and daizen springs.That's it.What can I do??Thanks!
Old 08-22-06, 08:13 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Coils maybe ? Tein HA or Flex ?
Old 08-22-06, 09:35 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BUSTN
Well, I really need to firm up my suspension.I notice way toom uch body roll and bounce with the set-up I have now.I am running l-tuned shocks and daizen springs.That's it.What can I do??Thanks!
read my sig look at the susp parts list and then you are good to go

then you can hang in the corners with the bimmers m series
Old 08-22-06, 05:02 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go simple
Tein CS Coilovers and Carson tuned front strut bar, TRD LBC.
works for me
up next Daizen sway bar

hope my 2 cent helps
Old 08-22-06, 10:58 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Before changing out your shock/springs, get sways.
I had daizen sways installed and they made a lot of difference
If you're a firm guy, I hear trd are firmer than daizens.

Then if you're still not happy, either go with the stiffer shocks (bilsteins) or coils as mentioned above.

Then look at lexforlife and go nuts should you not be happy
Old 08-22-06, 11:22 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey lexforlife, check my suspension list in my profile. It's almost up there with you minus some of the tom's stuff. I just installed my Daizen sways and strut bar a few days ago. However at this point, I still have some undesireable roll/tilt. The car still feels kind of wobbly when I do quick lane changes. The sways really really helped compared to before when I only had the Flex.

I realize the GS is a heavy car, but I want to make it handle as tight as possible. In my car, there is still that little bit of roll/tilt. I'll try to describe it as best as I can. When I flick the wheel in a quick lane change, the car tilts for a split second and then flattens back up very quickly...kinda like a quick spring rebound. I drove my friends IS300(sways, springs, shocks) and the car stays flat on flick lane changes. It doesn't even have that initial lean/tilt. I realize the IS is a much lighter car so that might be why.

Do you experience this in your car with all the extra toms braces? Did you experience that before you installed the toms braces. Just seeing how much the braces really help and that will determine for me how how up of a priority they are gonna be on my mod list.

Also how low is your suspension? My front wheels have about one inch gap (2 finger). The rear is less than 1/2inch. Also, I think it was you that was talking about the roll center adapters a little while back. Did those help at all?
Old 08-24-06, 06:45 AM
TXGS
Driver

Go with the Daizen front suspension bushings. You will be pleased. I have the Tein CS lowered to no gap and TRD sway bars. I had a lot of slop in the front end with some vibration at highway speeds plus vibration when braking at highway speeds. All that has disappeared with the installation of these bushings.
Old 08-24-06, 09:34 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TXGS
Go with the Daizen front suspension bushings. You will be pleased. I have the Tein CS lowered to no gap and TRD sway bars. I had a lot of slop in the front end with some vibration at highway speeds plus vibration when braking at highway speeds. All that has disappeared with the installation of these bushings.
Well the thing is. My car is an 05' wit 15k miles on it right now. I thought the slop with the bushings was due to older cars having worn out bushings? For your case it might of helped a ton, but for me I'm not so sure since my car is still pretty new.