Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brake Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-06, 12:04 PM
LEXUSGS430
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Fluid

I am getting ready to put Supra TT fronts on and need suggestions as to what brake fluid to use. I would love to use ATE super blue but can not find it locally. I would like to use something that can be purchased at your regular auto parts store so if I need to I can get it easily. If anyone knows where I can get super blue locally (Miami FL) I would appreciate it. If not i am open to suggestions. Also does anyone have a bleeding procedure or is there anything special about bleeding my brakes i need to know. I have never worked on an ABS system before so all info/suggestions would be great, or maybe even a how to.....I plan on replacing the fluid either way.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by LEXUSGS430; 08-20-06 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-20-06, 03:02 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, last weekend I attempted to install my Supra TT brakes. I got one side complete and tried to put my wheel on and my wheel would not fit. My wheels are made for high disk and they still did not fit . So, first piece of advice it to make sure your wheels will clear the brakes before you go through all the work. Second, I bought 3 quarts of ATE superblue from Ebay for $8.95/qt. They shipped them out in about 2 days. Since I ended up taking my factory brake off and then reinstalling it I had to bleed the brakes. I just bleed the front and it was not a big deal. Jeff Tsai did come by my house to help me with that. He said he has bled his by himself but I think it is best to have a somebody to pump the brake while you watch the fluid and close the fitting. The place I bought the brake fluid from also sells a bleeding bottle that has a hose on it to connect to the bleeding valve. It worked great. Just do a search on Ebay for ATE Superblue and you should find them. Good luck on your install and I am now on the lookout for a different set of big brakes .