Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein S-Tech or H-Tech

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-06, 02:12 PM
ECUgs430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tein S-Tech or H-Tech

Any pics of Tein S-Techs on 2gs? H-techs? And yes......I do mean the real Teins! Any fender rubbing issues or underbody scraping over speed bumps?

Sorry guys, coilovers are out of the question for a while so I need something to hold me over.

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-05-06, 08:15 PM
01gs3
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have s-techs on my car. No rubbing issues with stock 17's or aftermarket 19's. Ride very well, but still a bit bumpy. No scratching on the under carriage.
I honestly think that if youre seriously considering coilovers in the future, then save your money and wait it out. I plan on getting some tein flex soon and thats some info that might be useful to you. Sorry no pics as of yet. Good luck on your suspenion
Old 08-05-06, 08:55 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

You may also want to try the L-tuned springs depending on the drop you want.
Old 08-07-06, 07:53 AM
05EX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didnt try the h-tech, but i have the s-tech and kyb gr-2's and i love them, with my 19's they make the car sit just right, i love the drop, and originally wanted coilovers, but to be honest with you i'm more than happy with this set up for the time bieng, i'll concentrate money elsewhere. if you want pics i can take clearer pics tommorow and email them to those who are interested. just drop me a pm.
Old 08-07-06, 08:15 AM
SloGS3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 05EX
i didnt try the h-tech, but i have the s-tech and kyb gr-2's and i love them, with my 19's they make the car sit just right, i love the drop, and originally wanted coilovers, but to be honest with you i'm more than happy with this set up for the time bieng, i'll concentrate money elsewhere. if you want pics i can take clearer pics tommorow and email them to those who are interested. just drop me a pm.
LOL, I knew you'd like them! The h-tech will drop the car about an inch, hardly a drop at all, go with the s-tech, they ride great, handle better than h-tech and you wont have any rubbing issues even with 20s.
Old 08-07-06, 12:36 PM
05EX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SloGS3
LOL, I knew you'd like them! The h-tech will drop the car about an inch, hardly a drop at all, go with the s-tech, they ride great, handle better than h-tech and you wont have any rubbing issues even with 20s.

You were absolutely right...lol i couldnt be happier, funny thing is after i bought yours i got the set that i ordered before i bought yours on the same day, and another set my that was ordered for me as a gift... . So i sold one so far and have one left.... . But it's sits great with the 19's i got. Once i shoot some better pics i'll shoot you over a few i have a few up in the for sale thread but that was before i cleaned the wheels and they had a chance to settle. I took that pic a day or so after the install, the gap is about finger, finger and a half in the rear if that with the wheels and tire size i have and i added a bit of negative camber all around. it looks mean especially with the 285/30 on the 10" rim in the back
Old 08-08-06, 06:31 AM
SloGS3
Pole Position

Thats awesome, im glad you like them!
Old 08-09-06, 12:48 PM
ECUgs430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 05EX
You were absolutely right...lol i couldnt be happier, funny thing is after i bought yours i got the set that i ordered before i bought yours on the same day, and another set my that was ordered for me as a gift... . So i sold one so far and have one left.... . But it's sits great with the 19's i got. Once i shoot some better pics i'll shoot you over a few i have a few up in the for sale thread but that was before i cleaned the wheels and they had a chance to settle. I took that pic a day or so after the install, the gap is about finger, finger and a half in the rear if that with the wheels and tire size i have and i added a bit of negative camber all around. it looks mean especially with the 285/30 on the 10" rim in the back
Will you post those pics? or send them to jia0702@mail.ecu.edu Thanks!
Old 08-13-06, 05:28 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tein S. Tech springs with KYB GR-2 struts I want to go with too.. 05EX thanks for the pics, ride and ride drop looks exectly what I want in my car, big up.. I was also told to get Tanabe GF210 springs with Bilstein Sport shocks. But the Tanabe would be about $60 more, drop would be 1.25" and not 1.5" with Tein, Bilstein's would run me almost $200 more then KYB. Can anyone respond on the difference between Tanabe GF210 vs. Tein S. Tech; Bilstein Sport vs. KYB GR-2 combos, road feel, handling, ride comfort, look. I had a bimmer before and would like to get close to feel and handling that I can with my GS430, I love the look of GS and reliability, so I am keeping it for now.. I am also getting new balljoints, Daizen control arm bushings, already changed, tie rods, rack, rack shaft and adjusted pre-tentioner.. Anyone?
Old 08-13-06, 08:22 PM
ECUgs430
Lexus Test Driver

My s-techs are on the way Thanks Steve!
I willl be using the kyb's also and I will be sure to let yall know my thoughts once they settle.