Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

tein ss coils on my 01 gs

Old 08-04-06, 10:41 PM
mr. aristo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tein ss coils on my 01 gs

finally got my tein ss coilovers... i was so scared to get these cause every1 was talkin how stiff they were..... but i got them cause i could get the best drop out of them... well installed them today and set the setting to the stiffest and honestly they are not really all that stiff... i'm very happy with these coilovers the ride is very nice and on the soft setting u still get the luxury feel. i'm a very proud owner of ss coilovers and a slammed gs lol.. had to role the fender a lil bit i will get pics up soon... it was very hard fitting my wheels under there with the agressive offset i have but it paid off.... but yeah in my opinion the ss is a great coilover
Old 08-05-06, 01:55 PM
#1gs300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default tein ss

Im glad u like them when i had them on my car they were great on the highway, but in the city they were to stiff for me thats y i got ride of them. when i had them they were on level 16 and they still felt stiff. Again im sorry fed/ex didnt get them to u in time.
Old 08-05-06, 05:55 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Congrats on your new coilovers. I'm sure you will love every minute of them.
Old 08-05-06, 06:32 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you are happy with your set up.

I have seen atleast one report where someone bought the new TEIN CS which has a Wayyyyy softer spring rate than your SS and they reported the ride was much more harsh and bouncy than stock ! Go figure.

So my only point is opinions come and go, what is smooth for one person is unacceptable to another.

The best way to know what is right for you is to test ride in a car who has the set up you are looking for.

People will rant and rave at how happy they are with their particular selection, but with all due respect, only a very few people have actually installed and tested the various TEIN coilovers on their personal cars.

They are some of the very few whose opinions I value since they are based on real world comparisons and long term driving experience.

I'm glad you are happy with your set up, so score one for the SS.

There are not a lot of SS owners out there who have posted their impressions yet, so over time it will be interesting to hear other opinions.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-06-06 at 02:11 AM.
Old 08-05-06, 08:36 PM
mr. aristo
Lead Lap

but i guess its not bad cause on my old 240's i had like 10kg and 8kg springs on a car that weighed 2400lbs... so that was pretty harsh... but yeah i recommend the ss