Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

GS4 front suspension issues...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-06, 09:59 AM
sadiqtt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS4 front suspension issues...

A little backround on my car, it's a extremely clean and well kept 1998 GS400 that I bought back in March from a one individual owner who has had all the proper services done from Lexus and has all the reciepts. I bought the car with 142k miles and now has 149k miles, and runs perfect except for some front suspension issues.

Here are the issues...
I noticed the car pulled to the right when I bought the car, and asked the owner about the pull and he told me it started pulling after the ball joints were replaced by Lexus. After getting the car back he noticed the pull himself and asked the Lexus dealer about it and was told the car didn't need alignment just uneven tire wear on the Michelen Pilot Sports is to blame for the pull. Typical dealer answer. So I buy the car and pull is driving me crazy, so I go and pay for an alignemnt and it fixes the issue just slightly but the car still pulls to the right. National Tire Battery who I got the alignment done said they can't correct the suspension anymore. Told me to take the car to a body shop to get the frame adjusted or something?!

Any ideas? Worn bushings are causing the suspension to pull? I need this problem fixed!!!

Another issue is noise, coming from the front driver's side of the suspenion when making high speed turns or any time load is placed on that side of the suspension. Almost sounds like a scraping noise of some sort.
Doing some searching through the forums and it's probaly a strut tower mount?
Or the sway bar brackets that need tighthing?
Whatever the problem, I'm a college student and will pay to have the problem fixed but can't afford the dealer schemes when it comes to getting problems fixed .

Possibly the pull to the right and the noise from the front driver's side suspension is related?
Thanks.
Old 08-02-06, 07:34 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the rear tires worn evenly? If so do a back to front swap. That could eliminate the tire theory, although it is a valid one. Also, brake components, suspension components, steering parts and alignment could cause pulling. Good Luck!!
Old 08-02-06, 08:30 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WELCOME