Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

control arm bushing install instruction

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-06, 09:23 AM
black_gs99
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question control arm bushing install instruction

does anyone have a copy of instructions for install daizen control arm bushings into a gs300? i bought mine off of another cl member but it didn't come with any instructions. if so can you please email or pm me thanks.
Old 08-02-06, 01:02 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by black_gs99
does anyone have a copy of instructions for install daizen control arm bushings into a gs300? i bought mine off of another cl member but it didn't come with any instructions. if so can you please email or pm me thanks.
It doesn't really come with any instructions, if you need instructions than you don't know how to do it, you better ask your mechanic for help
Old 08-02-06, 01:09 PM
black_gs99
Lead Lap

i am going to get it done from my mechanic i thought it cam ewith instructions and i thought it might be alittle easier on him. thanks for the info
Old 08-02-06, 02:38 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by black_gs99
i am going to get it done from my mechanic i thought it cam ewith instructions and i thought it might be alittle easier on him. thanks for the info
Sorry but like i said there is no instructions avalible. I you want to, you can visit: http://www.lexls.com/ that might give you a clue what to expect
Old 08-02-06, 03:55 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, they come with some very very basic instructions - just a single sided page, but at least most of the torque numbers are on there for the various bolts.

I just did mine last week and the trash guy came this morning so I can't scan and post them for you, sorry man.
As I recall, they only said stuff like "remove spindle", remove balljoint, remove strut, etc.

I searched at this site and at google and had about 40 pages printed out for 4-5 different threads about the installation.
I recall Oversteer was one of the guys, and another was actually from some LS400 group, but it was informative.
If the guy has done a front suspension tear-down before, then he will not have problems with the GS.

The best tips I read were:
1. Use the Daizen supplied grease and lots of it!
2. when re-assembling the "camber arm" or "lower control arm #2", drive the metal insert into the large bushing after the arm is in place and bolted to control arm #1. Drive it home! Using a jack on the metal insert you can drive it up into the bushing against the weight of the car.Moving the Lower Control Arm #1 up and down while putting in that insert helps a lot!
3. Get the $10 tie-rod popper tool at Autozone. Works for Balljoint removal too. It looks cheap, but it works!
4. With the UCA removed, you can lightly tap, grind and lubricate the mounting point on the car to make installation of the new UCA much easier.

PS. don't over tighten the small bolts holding the front swaybar in place. They break easy.

Last edited by BA_GS400; 08-02-06 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-03-06, 05:45 AM
black_gs99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BA_GS400
well, they come with some very very basic instructions - just a single sided page, but at least most of the torque numbers are on there for the various bolts.

I just did mine last week and the trash guy came this morning so I can't scan and post them for you, sorry man.
As I recall, they only said stuff like "remove spindle", remove balljoint, remove strut, etc.

I searched at this site and at google and had about 40 pages printed out for 4-5 different threads about the installation.
I recall Oversteer was one of the guys, and another was actually from some LS400 group, but it was informative.
If the guy has done a front suspension tear-down before, then he will not have problems with the GS.

The best tips I read were:
1. Use the Daizen supplied grease and lots of it!
2. when re-assembling the "camber arm" or "lower control arm #2", drive the metal insert into the large bushing after the arm is in place and bolted to control arm #1. Drive it home! Using a jack on the metal insert you can drive it up into the bushing against the weight of the car.Moving the Lower Control Arm #1 up and down while putting in that insert helps a lot!
3. Get the $10 tie-rod popper tool at Autozone. Works for Balljoint removal too. It looks cheap, but it works!
4. With the UCA removed, you can lightly tap, grind and lubricate the mounting point on the car to make installation of the new UCA much easier.

PS. don't over tighten the small bolts holding the front swaybar in place. They break easy.
Thanks for the info...