Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Help Help! I think Daizen/TM Engineering left out some bushings!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-06, 10:17 AM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help Help! I think Daizen/TM Engineering left out some bushings!

I wouldn't kid about this. Check out the picture.

I seem to be missing 4 bushings. if I were to guess, they are the "inner" ones for the upper control arms. I have 4 x CA114 and 4 x CA115 and 2 x CA116. I seem to have all the metal sleeves.

Can anyone confirm this is missing parts?

THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM FOR ME, I HAVE EVERYTHING TORN DOWN!
I only have one car and unfortunately, I'm very single right now. WTH!!

I know some of you will say "Call TM Engineering tomorrow." Sure sure, you know I will, knowing that I'm EAST coast time, but that still leaves me without a car today and tomorrow, and during shipping delays! CRAP! This sux a lot!

Attached Thumbnails Help Help!  I think Daizen/TM Engineering left out some bushings!-dvc00001.jpg  
Old 07-23-06, 10:42 AM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

If this is the kit, then I'm surely missing the bushings in the lower left corner of the kit.

http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdetai...bCategoryID=85

Old 07-23-06, 03:11 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Unfortunetly you are missing some bushings, thats bad
Old 07-23-06, 04:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

yes, definitely looks like something is missing

i would email todd@tmengineering.net right the way, i am sure they will take care of it soon
Old 07-23-06, 05:27 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

Bummer.

Thanks for the confirmation guys. I did go ahead and email TMEngineering as well.

I was hoping that having TME in the Subject might lure him into the thread, although I know it's rare that he's online.
Old 07-23-06, 09:26 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

Todd is on the case and will ship parts.

How can you not love that place? TM Engineering is way cool.

BA
Old 07-23-06, 11:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by BA_GS400

BA
glad to know that todd is on top of it!
Old 07-24-06, 11:08 AM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to be "that guy", but I think this would be one of those cases where counting all the parts would have been best before wrenching on the ol' GS.
Old 07-24-06, 01:40 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

BA
Glad things worked out.

Word of advice: Next time you have an issue why don't you contact the person that sold you the parts directly rather than coming on to Club Lexus first? Not everyone is on here 24/7 to address issues. I mean, whatever happened to picking up the phone or sending an e-mail as the quickest way to resolve things?

The reason I am being a bit hard is that by posting on here before you let the vendor resolve the issue is like crying wolf. You just make your life more miserable as well as the vendor because no one knows the full story and can start fabricating thoughts regarding customer service.

I mean sure, TM Engineering was great in addressing the problem and you posted on here, but why waste the time when this could have gotten resolved offline with the SAME RESULTS???

I wish there was some kind of post-it regarding customer-vendor relationships and top on that list is. 1) Resolve issue with vendor first before posting on a public forum....LOL!

I think it's commen sense, but who am I to judge?

Brent
Old 07-24-06, 04:37 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4GRAINR
Not to be "that guy", but I think this would be one of those cases where counting all the parts would have been best before wrenching on the ol' GS.

Don't worry about it, you're not "that guy". I actually did think about that believe it or not, but, there's nothing on the box or online that would give you an indication of what makes a complete kit. And, they are in s sealed bag so you would kinda expect it to have gone through some kind of minimal QA.

Oh well, things are working out ok. I have a loaner vehicle and the parts should be here tomorrow.
Old 07-24-06, 04:49 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Don't worry about it, you're not "that guy". I actually did think about that believe it or not, but, there's nothing on the box or online that would give you an indication of what makes a complete kit. And, they are in s sealed bag so you would kinda expect it to have gone through some kind of minimal QA.
Again, a post asking what should be included as parts is much different than "HELP, I think TMEngineering/Daizen left out some bushings!" as well as a description how it totally sucks, etc, etc....

A phone call or e-mail first to the vendor source would have been much better. Remember, it always takes TWO to screw up a relationship.

I am a customer just like everyone else, but I hate airing out "dirty laundry" or at least potential "dirty laundry" before you give the vendor a chance to respond and NOT through public internet forums. JMHO.

I apologize if I seem to be getting on your case, but I have seen this many times already so you are not the first.

Brent
Old 07-24-06, 04:52 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

Bliu, you are so out of line that it's not even really funny. The tone of your post is like you're talking down on me and it's really not even warranted. Most of what you said is incorrect.

Did you not notice that this was not a "bashing thread", it was a call for help and confirmation. There IS a difference. For crying out loud, you'd be upset too if your ONLY ride was down and now you have work and transportation issues. Did you catch that I have no other transportation options?

If you read the post you can see that I DID try calling the shop, and PM'ing the vendor even though it's a weekend and ya cannot necessarily expect to reach them.
Also, in my post I was pretty clear that I **DIDN'T KNOW** if I was missing parts, but I *thought* I was missing parts. It is clearly worded that I was looking for anyone to confirm the parts as a lot of people have done this bushing kit already. Geez man. Lighten up. It's like someone pissed in your wheaties today.

Also, You'll see that there was no UNDUE bad-mouthing of any company, and only reassurance that the problem was being taken care of. So, no damage to TME's or Daizen's reputation, just a stated fact of the parts I had in the kit.

Further, I had thought that someone else had a problem of missing parts in their kit back when they first became available but I couldn't find the thread. (I ordered within just a couple of days of them being on the TME website)

Oh and you know what, the results AREN'T the same as if I had waited until Monday at noon to call TME, but, I guess you can't see the goodness that has happened by this thread and my PMing of TME online here. (I got a quick confirmation of issue, and quicker shipment of parts over waiting until Monday at noon)
Thanks for ruining my night.

Now that I'm off the soapbox provided by Bliu, I'll just re-affirm my THANKS to those who helped with their responses yesterday.

BA

Originally Posted by BLiu
Glad things worked out.

Word of advice: Next time you have an issue why don't you contact the person that sold you the parts directly rather than coming on to Club Lexus first? Not everyone is on here 24/7 to address issues. I mean, whatever happened to picking up the phone or sending an e-mail as the quickest way to resolve things?

The reason I am being a bit hard is that by posting on here before you let the vendor resolve the issue is like crying wolf. You just make your life more miserable as well as the vendor because no one knows the full story and can start fabricating thoughts regarding customer service.

I mean sure, TM Engineering was great in addressing the problem and you posted on here, but why waste the time when this could have gotten resolved offline with the SAME RESULTS???

I wish there was some kind of post-it regarding customer-vendor relationships and top on that list is. 1) Resolve issue with vendor first before posting on a public forum....LOL!

I think it's commen sense, but who am I to judge?

Brent

Last edited by BA_GS400; 07-24-06 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-24-06, 05:42 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

FYI:

I agree with BA_GS400- you found something amiss with your bushings so you called out for help - nothing wrong with that. In fact, I called up Todd when I saw this last night to see if he was aware of the issue. He said he got your e-mail and was working on it.

Gotta look out for my CL fam!

And for the record, the bushing miscount most likely happened at Daizen, not with TM Engineering. Todd is way way way too busy to be messing around with random boxes of Daizen bushings. Believe me. That guy works everyday.
Old 07-24-06, 10:56 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Bliu, you are so out of line that it's not even really funny. The tone of your post is like you're talking down on me and it's really not even warranted. Most of what you said is incorrect.

Did you not notice that this was not a "bashing thread", it was a call for help and confirmation. There IS a difference. For crying out loud, you'd be upset too if your ONLY ride was down and now you have work and transportation issues. Did you catch that I have no other transportation options?

If you read the post you can see that I DID try calling the shop, and PM'ing the vendor even though it's a weekend and ya cannot necessarily expect to reach them.
Also, in my post I was pretty clear that I **DIDN'T KNOW** if I was missing parts, but I *thought* I was missing parts. It is clearly worded that I was looking for anyone to confirm the parts as a lot of people have done this bushing kit already. Geez man. Lighten up. It's like someone pissed in your wheaties today.

Also, You'll see that there was no UNDUE bad-mouthing of any company, and only reassurance that the problem was being taken care of. So, no damage to TME's or Daizen's reputation, just a stated fact of the parts I had in the kit.

Further, I had thought that someone else had a problem of missing parts in their kit back when they first became available but I couldn't find the thread. (I ordered within just a couple of days of them being on the TME website)

Oh and you know what, the results AREN'T the same as if I had waited until Monday at noon to call TME, but, I guess you can't see the goodness that has happened by this thread and my PMing of TME online here. (I got a quick confirmation of issue, and quicker shipment of parts over waiting until Monday at noon)
Thanks for ruining my night.

Now that I'm off the soapbox provided by Bliu, I'll just re-affirm my THANKS to those who helped with their responses yesterday.

BA
On the contrary, I am so out of line that I AM FUNNY....

Let's break down your post Mr. SoapBox....

Help! Help! I think Daizen/TM Engineering left out some bushings!
First of all as a previous post pointed out - Daizen packed the bushings and TM Engineering sold them to you. They are two different entities but you chose to lump them into one category. Someone not knowing this bit of info would automatically assume that the problem is associated with both business names. I think the title itself, while not bashing in nature, carries what we call a "red flag". Which, if you stopped to think a little more, is just as bad for business as a bashing post.

I wouldn't kid about this. Check out the picture.

I seem to be missing 4 bushings. if I were to guess, they are the "inner" ones for the upper control arms. I have 4 x CA114 and 4 x CA115 and 2 x CA116. I seem to have all the metal sleeves.

Can anyone confirm this is missing parts?
OK... so you start off the post in a very serious tone "I wouldn't kid about this". If you already suspect that parts are missing, what is the confirmation for? What good will it do you? What benefit do you gain? Again, now look on the vendor's side...If it is true, and in this case it was, think how many times now, TM Engineering is going to have to answer the question "Hey, I heard that Daizen ships out missing parts? Is there any guarantee, I will get them? Maybe I should go with another manufacturer? (Well, actually, the last part is kinda impossible, since Daizen is the only one making these bushings...LOL!)

Bottom line: Your answer is a phone call away yet you didn't even give TMEngineering the courtesy of answering you back while POSTING ON A SUNDAY. Did you stop to think that maybe they don't work on Sunday? Is that their fault? They sold you the parts but it was Daizen that manufactures and boxes them. The least you could do is give your vendor a chance to resolve the situation. This was all I was trying to get across to you, but instead you chose to bite back at me. So there is more...

THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM FOR ME, I HAVE EVERYTHING TORN DOWN!
I only have one car and unfortunately, I'm very single right now. WTH!!
You are right. It IS a major problem for you. But is it TMEngineering's fault?? Let's see....

Hmmm...WTH is a pretty strong word for a non-bashing post...LOL!

But I digress: As someone previously pointed out....Let me get this straight...YOU TORE DOWN YOUR CAR BEFORE you even looked at your parts????? I think it's pretty straightfoward to everyone here that you should look at what you have first before wrenching on your car. I mean, do you start building a bookshelf without looking at all the parts first until halfway through you realize you are missing screws??? What do all the instruction manuals say..."Please verify all parts are present BEFORE beginning the installation". Maybe you need something like that in BOLD letters on a sticker all over the box. Maybe you can e-mail Daizen or put it in their suggestion box.

Now, the above, is of course your God-given right to install car parts. You want to do it that way, that's great - more power to you. But, again, please, the fact that you are stuck and you have no car, is YOUR FAULT for not verifying the parts first before taking apart your car...again, common sense. Remember, just because no one is posting this does not mean it does not make sense. So, yes, it is a major problem and it is your problem. But by posting here, you make it TMEngineering's fault...

I know some of you will say "Call TM Engineering tomorrow." Sure sure, you know I will, knowing that I'm EAST coast time, but that still leaves me without a car today and tomorrow, and during shipping delays! CRAP! This sux a lot!
You shoulda followed your own advice there buddy. But instead, you got on the public internet, cried out to your fellow CL brothers, and they rushed out to your rescue. You got what you wanted and so everything is all hunky-dory. Now, TMEngineering has to deal with the damage you caused by making this post. You really don't think people not knowing Daizen or TMEngineering will automatically raise a red flag when they read this post? You care to make a wager on that? How about for the amount that TMEngineering will lose in the next six months cuz this post will be at the top of the most recent threads....But, of course, it is Daizen's fault since they should have made sure all the parts were there and it was TMEngineering's fault because they sold you the parts right? They deserve that right? If you agree that they don't deserve it, then, once again, think twice before posting what you did!

All I said in the last two posts was a suggestion. Next time, think twice before posting a frantic "drama queen" post of desparation because you had some $99 parts missing. God, I hate to see what it's like when you spend a couple grand on a bodykit installation or suspension parts....I would definitely NOT want to be in that vendor's shoes that sells you stuff... LOL!

PS: You should thank me as well because I helped you out too yesterday.

Last edited by BLiu; 07-24-06 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-25-06, 01:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ok the problem is resolved, tm engineering is working on replacing the bushings now. i don't think this thread needs to continue.