Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Does any one have the Daizen bushings long term?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-06, 12:17 PM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Does any one have the Daizen bushings long term?

Hi All,

Does any one have the Daizen bushings long term? I am considering buying them, but I have had issues with poly bushings in the past. My issues were that they all started squeaking. Another noticeable effect was that everything became rougher.

So basically I would like to know if anyone here has had them long enough (post mileage and time), and if you noticed any ill-effects.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-19-06, 04:18 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Bump.
I need to know this too.

Jerry
Old 07-19-06, 05:11 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, I would like to know this as well. I purchased a set of Daizen bushing, ball joints and tie rod ends a couple of weeks ago. I will be putting them all on no matter what but I would like to get some long term feedback as well.
Old 07-19-06, 10:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

well i was one of the first ones to have the bushings. i believe i had them since aug 05 and i have put on maybe 10k miles (guess) on them? no noise, no squeak, no vibration
Old 07-20-06, 04:02 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Thanks Henry. Still think we need an East Coast sampling here, since the Cali weather is too good. Not much rain, no road salt, no snow. That's what seemed to wash out the grease from my Daizen sways, so wondering if the same thing's gonna happen to control arm bushings.
My poly sway bar bushings are squeaking like a bed in a brothel, but those bushings are really easy to re-grease. The control arm poly bushings are a different story, I think.
Old 07-20-06, 04:17 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by slickgt1
Hi All,

Does any one have the Daizen bushings long term? I am considering buying them, but I have had issues with poly bushings in the past. My issues were that they all started squeaking. Another noticeable effect was that everything became rougher.

So basically I would like to know if anyone here has had them long enough (post mileage and time), and if you noticed any ill-effects.

Thanks in advance.
Are you speaking of the polyurethane sway bar bushings?
Old 07-20-06, 10:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by engin_ear
Thanks Henry. Still think we need an East Coast sampling here, since the Cali weather is too good. Not much rain, no road salt, no snow. That's what seemed to wash out the grease from my Daizen sways, so wondering if the same thing's gonna happen to control arm bushings.
My poly sway bar bushings are squeaking like a bed in a brothel, but those bushings are really easy to re-grease. The control arm poly bushings are a different story, I think.
excellent point there, the east coast weather could be a bit more exteme in some cases

though i have to say, for the past yr, cali got a lot more rain than necessary
Old 07-24-06, 06:38 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

No I am really speaking about the control arm bushings.

And yes, an east coast person would be a better example. One from NYC would be the best, since the roads here are absolutely FUBAR. Thanks.
Old 07-24-06, 08:46 PM
Jack McNeal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daizen Bushings

I got the bushings with the Daizen sway bars about three years ago. Get out the jack stands and creeper every 10,000 miles. I live in Northern California. Does anybody know of a really, really good grease?
Old 07-25-06, 05:23 AM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jack McNeal
I got the bushings with the Daizen sway bars about three years ago. Get out the jack stands and creeper every 10,000 miles. I live in Northern California. Does anybody know of a really, really good grease?
I think this thread is referring to the Control Arm bushings and I think you are talking about the sway bar bushings.

That said, I think if you contact TM Engineering they will send you a couple of grease packets, or contact Daizen directly for that matter.
Old 07-25-06, 08:28 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Crap, this is not good news for me. I really like the fact that this is an easy maintenance car. My last car had so much stuff that i always had to keep tunned up, greased up, lubed up. That sucked.
Old 07-25-06, 09:03 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

I recently found that Amsoil has a synthetic water-resistant lithium grease that can be put in a grease gun.

Check out the link below...

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/gwr.aspx

I'm going to be using this stuff.
Jerry
Old 07-25-06, 09:53 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by engin_ear
I recently found that Amsoil has a synthetic water-resistant lithium grease that can be put in a grease gun.

Check out the link below...

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/gwr.aspx

I'm going to be using this stuff.
Jerry
Hey Jerry, great find. My Daizens start squeaks more and more. I'll get this one
Old 07-26-06, 01:23 PM
pavster
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am kind of worried about the control arm bushings as well, since they see A LOT of movent. I have to re-grease my Daizen sway bar bushings every 10,000 miles or so; otherwise they go nuts.

So I've installed the Daizen castor arm bushings, since they see very little movement, and the stock ones are more air than rubber, but I am more hesitant about the control arms. I also got this car for its low maintentance, and I don't want to be rebuilding the whole front suspension every 10k miles, which for me rolls by in about 6 months.

-pavel.