Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

New Tein CS4GS400 Specs in Japanese

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-06, 07:10 PM
GS400Style
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tein CS4GS400 Specs in Japanese

I just purchase the new generation Tein CS coilovers for my GS400 from Carson. They arrived with installation instructions and adjustment specs, unfortunately they are in Japanese. According to Luis the CS demand is so strong that Tein has not yet done a translation. Tein USA has no CS installation manual on their site and a phone call to them yielded the same response.

The installation looks like an easy replacement but the adjusting of the height and dampening is something for which I would prefer to have the manufacturer instructions and specs. Tein USA suggested using the GS400 Flex install info and garner the adjustment numbers from the Japanese CS instructions. This does not work.

Can anyone help a fellow Lexus owner/enthusiast?
Old 07-06-06, 11:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

well imho the height and dampening adjustment is all about personal preference. i have owned the ha, the flex, and now the cs on both my gs400 and sc430. and i never look at the instruciotns for the height numbers. to me that's pretty useless

my 2 cents
Old 07-07-06, 03:04 AM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just pulled this down from a translated version of the Japanese Tein site. Are the instructions different for each car? This is just one of several talking about installation to include EDFC.

(ACR30/40W and MCR30/40W) 
        Method of attaching the strut top bearing  When there is a problem in attachment direction of the genuine strut top bearing, there are times when the strange noise such as “[gorigori]” occurs. In addition, the steering wheel just it finished (it places and at the time of the [gi] [ri]) with, [kashiyan] [gashiyagashiya] and sound doing with such as sound and noisy sound and the kind of difference in level which can repel the spring it is thought that the possibility is high. To attach this bearing, the time the top and bottom (the inside and outside) has been decided, the case where the steering wheel is turned because there is a axis of rotation of strut, with steering wheel operation it moves. When it unites this part and makes a mistake as a bearing functioning it does not do completely, the bearing itself is made to damage not only, it breaks even to the aluminum upper seat. Method of the correct attachment the damper - kit attachment upper - [supuringushi] - on [to], places the bearing of disk condition with the direction which is similar to the genuine time, genuine upper - piles up the mount, at regulation torque tightens the nut of the shaft top and has reached the point where it receives. As a distinction method of trouble, when you can verify by the fact that the spring is twisted the occasion to finish to place the steering wheel, it is, but basically, one time removing, we recommend that it is verified. <Figure 1 reference>
Old 07-07-06, 08:20 PM
GS400Style
Driver School Candidate

rominl -

Thank you for your thoughts.

GS400Style
Old 07-07-06, 08:28 PM
GS400Style
Driver School Candidate

DrewGS300