Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

suspension squeak

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-06, 01:25 PM
shadow
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default suspension squeak

just changed the oem suspension to eibach springs and l-tuned shocks. absolutely love the way the car handles now, looks good, and no more float. one problem i 've been noticing for the last week. there's a squeaking sound coming from the passenger front and rear of the car when going over slight indentations in the ground. i used the oem bump stops since i've been reading that people have had problems with the ones that come with the l-tuned shocks. i had it installed two weeks ago at lexus. could anyone give me there opinion on what it could possibly be. thanks
Old 07-18-06, 11:21 AM
stom
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L-tuned install

Originally Posted by shadow
just changed the oem suspension to eibach springs and l-tuned shocks. absolutely love the way the car handles now, looks good, and no more float. one problem i 've been noticing for the last week. there's a squeaking sound coming from the passenger front and rear of the car when going over slight indentations in the ground. i used the oem bump stops since i've been reading that people have had problems with the ones that come with the l-tuned shocks. i had it installed two weeks ago at lexus. could anyone give me there opinion on what it could possibly be. thanks
How much did you pay to have the dealer install your setup? Did they hassle you about the springs not being l-tuned? I got a quote of $675 + $75 for allignment to have my l-tuned springs installed. Is that about what you paid?
Old 07-18-06, 03:10 PM
shadow
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i just told them that it was the l-tuned suspension. i didn't get any obstacles with having the suspension installed. cost for the install was approximately that. i had a new set of headlights installed so that increased the cost some more.