Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

just installed tein CS and TRD Sways! - fun but a little rough

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-06, 07:49 PM
Dec
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just installed tein CS and TRD Sways! - fun but a little rough

Last week I finally upgraded, and I do mean upgraded, my suspension. I placed Tein CS coilovers and a TRD sway. I can't imagine having a stiffer ride. I was afraid actually if it being too much like the stock, however, it is a great improvement. I am still getting used to hitting some of the bumps in the road. It can be a little rough.

The handling is far superior. I feel I can hit a turn and not have to worry about controlling the roll on the car. Seems much faster. There is a part of me who feels maybe it is too stiff. Because of all the traffic here in Socal, i find myself speeding up and slowing down because of others. A little frustrating. Still, so far, I would highly recommend the switch for anyone interested in better handling.
Old 06-25-06, 08:33 PM
house66
Rookie

Default Too stiff?

Congrats on the mods,
I haven't got to upgrading my sway bars but I can say the the ride is sweet on just the Tiens CSs. Have you changed the dampening setting on your CSs yet, it took some tweaking to get it right but I honestly believe that my G rides better than stock now.

House
Old 06-26-06, 09:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah try the tein cs dampening settings, i think that might help. if you are already on the softest and still feel stiff, maybe its the sways!?
Old 06-26-06, 11:28 AM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my reading I believe that the TRD sways are some of the stiffest available for our cars.
Old 06-26-06, 08:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by STONER
In my reading I believe that the TRD sways are some of the stiffest available for our cars.
indeed i believe it is
Old 06-26-06, 09:59 PM
Dec
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the suggestions. I installed the TRD sways on the stiffest setting. Maybe I will just start there. Although it is a little rough, I like the ride much more. Maybe it is just a matter of getting used to the new ride.
Old 06-26-06, 10:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Dec
thanks for the suggestions. I installed the TRD sways on the stiffest setting. Maybe I will just start there. Although it is a little rough, I like the ride much more. Maybe it is just a matter of getting used to the new ride.
the trd has adjustments on sways?! i thought it's only one settings front and back
Old 06-27-06, 09:49 AM
Dec
Driver School Candidate

Thw sways are adjustable. I think that there are two settings, stiff and really stiff. I have it on really stiff. I will ask more questions when I go to get the adjustment and let you know.
Old 06-27-06, 11:12 AM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

congrats on the upgrades the stiffness is probably the sways..i have the TEIN CS on my ride and they're on the stiffest setting and they still ride like a dream - i have daizen polyurethane bushings for my OEM sways though
Old 06-27-06, 11:13 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dec
Thw sways are adjustable. I think that there are two settings, stiff and really stiff. I have it on really stiff. I will ask more questions when I go to get the adjustment and let you know.

sorry trd sways have no adjustment , just plain stiff and ridgid

daizens have 3 setting in the rear if you want the best combo sell the trd blues and get the daizens
Old 06-27-06, 12:53 PM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

looks like it may be your lucky day.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224154
Old 06-27-06, 06:57 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by STONER
looks like it may be your lucky day.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224154
Yup, you're right
Old 06-27-06, 10:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by lexforlife
sorry trd sways have no adjustment , just plain stiff and ridgid

daizens have 3 setting in the rear if you want the best combo sell the trd blues and get the daizens
thats what i thought too. i don't think teh trd has any adjustments at all. there is only one settings both front and rear
Old 06-28-06, 06:02 PM
Dec
Driver School Candidate

I have to double check about adjusting the TRD sways. The guy that installed the sways made a point of asking me if I wanted the stiffest setting or a not as stiff setting. I just received the sways a couple of weeks ago so maybe these are different . . . I hope . I still want to double check and I will let you guys know what I find out.
Old 06-28-06, 08:11 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dec
I have to double check about adjusting the TRD sways. The guy that installed the sways made a point of asking me if I wanted the stiffest setting or a not as stiff setting. I just received the sways a couple of weeks ago so maybe these are different . . . I hope . I still want to double check and I will let you guys know what I find out.

Uhhhhh

If you are sure you have TRD sways then he probably meant the adjustment of your TEIN CS, because they have 16 levels of adjustment.

TRD sways have no such adjustment. If you have TRD then then they're not adjustable.

Sway bars will also add stifness to a ride whenever you drive over un-even pavement , left vs. right side.

The TEIN CS are one of the smoothest riding coilovers on the market. If these are too stiff for you, then no coilover will make you happy.

If you have the CS adjusted to full hard AND installed TRD sways instead of the smoother riding Daizen sways, then that is what is contibuting most to your ride harshness.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 06-28-06 at 08:16 PM.

Quick Reply: just installed tein CS and TRD Sways! - fun but a little rough