Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

WARNING!!! Counterfeit Tein S. Tech Springs WARNING!!!

Old 06-25-06, 12:06 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default WARNING!!! Counterfeit Tein S. Tech Springs WARNING!!!

Please share this info. whoever is thinking of buying Tein S. Tech spirngs.

http://www.tein.com/counterfeit/index.html

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 09-09-08 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-25-06, 12:32 AM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TEIN-...spagenameZWDVW

according to my.is this is one of the fake Tein springs...

I also recognize the shop pics ... it is a HK based shop that no longer exist (but now moved and is doing business under a different name).
Old 06-25-06, 12:43 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

lol, it had to happen sooner or later.

At least they won't be able to counterfeit a coilover suspension. If they tried, it would be horribly made(visibly) and probably break in half if you ever put it on and took a hard turn.

Are those counterfeit springs priced lower? I mean I can understand it is easy to tell apart from the real ones if it was 1/2 or 1/3 price, but if its the same price then it would be harder to tell apart. Not to mention it would suck *** for whoever bought them!
Old 06-30-06, 09:21 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't there only a handfull of companies that actual produce the springs? Doesn't these end retailer companies just give the spring manufacturer their specifications and the spring manufacturer produces them and then ships them off to the end seller? I doubt this retailer is actually manufacturering the springs. They just ordered from a manufacturer like everyone else and put a Tein label on it. I know it is wrong but it is not like they are producing the springs in their garage.
Old 07-05-06, 11:44 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

As far as I know....Tein produces EVERYTHING themselves. When I say that I mean....everything. I have the Tein Flex coilover suspension and every part is engineered and manufactured by them. I guess they take pride in their work, or maybe it's just to clamp down on quality control. To get any replacement parts, you will have to deal with them directly. As for the springs, I'm sure it is the same situation as well.

I heard there are "special" machines that make the springs. There is one kind that is considered the "best" in the world and there are only a handful of manufacturers that have it since the price is upwards in the double digits millions. The upside is the ability to yield a spring that has a very consistent spring rate and quality thoughout the whole batch. Cheaper manufacturers just press out the metal coil reguardless of conditions. These lower quality spring manufacturers may use cheap equiptment and/or materials to make the springs. Maybe even resulting in each spring on each corner of the car to have a wildly varying springrate.

I think Tein finally got on the case of these ebay sellers. I see the green colored springs now relabeled as another brand and boxed in different packaging. Either way, make sure you get a written guarantee from the seller that you are getting a genuine set or a 100% refund.
Old 02-09-07, 10:20 AM
HAWAI'I
Rookie

Be careful dealing with QUALIFIED JAPANESE PARTS on ebay. I got scammed buying stuff from them. Seller keeps sending wrong item, I returned item promising delivery of correct item. I dropped it off their door and informed me that they never received the item. The address that the package came from is an apartment in Pasadena, CA. No warehouse or store address. BE CAREFUL
Old 05-23-07, 05:53 AM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by HAWAI'I
Be careful dealing with QUALIFIED JAPANESE PARTS on ebay. I got scammed buying stuff from them. Seller keeps sending wrong item, I returned item promising delivery of correct item. I dropped it off their door and informed me that they never received the item. The address that the package came from is an apartment in Pasadena, CA. No warehouse or store address. BE CAREFUL
I know the shop that is shown in "QUALIFIED JAPANESE PARTS" auctions.

They are one of the bigger carparts shops in Hong Kong. They are one of the bigger importers of CUSCO, Endless, etc ... I always suspected them to sell a lot of fake stuff since some of their prices seem to be be too good to believe, but this ebay thread and the pics confirms that they are one of the bigger CHEATERS.
Old 10-22-08, 08:48 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

They always counterfeit the good stuff. Punks need to get a job, or design their own line of suspension products
Old 10-23-09, 01:10 AM
ivnnln
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just order mine T-spring from this site, http://www.2kracing.com and I hoped I did not get the fake one. Now I am worry about the quality. Do you guys think this site sale a fake one? I have to wait and see next week. Thanks guys.
Old 10-23-09, 01:26 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ivnnln
I just order mine T-spring from this site, http://www.2kracing.com and I hoped I did not get the fake one. Now I am worry about the quality. Do you guys think this site sale a fake one? I have to wait and see next week. Thanks guys.
Welcome to 2006.
Old 10-23-09, 01:56 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HAWAI'I
that's why i don't buy anything from ebay, just too many fake stuff and scammers
Old 10-23-09, 02:15 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks guys for all the warnings, hopefully once these guys get the feedback they deserve, they will be out of business !!
Old 05-08-10, 06:35 PM
jameshtx
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

are there fake coilovers out there from tein?
Old 05-08-10, 08:00 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Not that I know of. It's harder to replicate coilovers than spring. Springs are easier since they're just wounded steel.
Old 07-25-13, 01:20 AM
desom
Driver School Candidate

I appreciate it! Good to know

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WARNING!!! Counterfeit Tein S. Tech Springs WARNING!!!