Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Eibach Pro-Kit= AFS light Blinking ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-06, 07:56 PM
Smooth1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Pro-Kit= AFS light Blinking ???

I just had my springs installed today from Eurosport in Honolulu they did a excellent job there are a couple of things with the install that were unexpected.

1.Test drove the car around the block and I heard noises coming from the rear.

I took the car back to Eurosport and they told me exactly what the problem was right off the bat, they said due to the way the springs are designed that they would have to wrap the coils with these rubber sleeves and that would eliminate the noise. That did the job and I dont have any noises at all from the rear .

2. AFS light.

The second thing that I noticed is that the AFS light blinks on the dash, I guess the car has a sensor or something that detects the ride height of course I dont know what that has to do with the lights but it is flashing and slightly anoyying but I can live with that. So to anybody out there considering dropping their car with AFS lights this is what you can expect. Personally I dont care for the AFS headlights when I first picked up my car I tried to disable it and even when you disable it through the system the AFS light still flashes red. I really wish that Lexus would design these things (( AFS,TPMS,VDIM etc. )) so that you can disable it with out anything flashing in the dash because its distracting when you are driving and something red is blinking on the dash. I really do like all the gadgets that the Lexus comes with but there should be an unobtrusive way do disable these things ((AFS TPMS VDIM etc. )).

To sum it up I am very happy with the ride quality and the way the car looks Eurosport also did an excellent job, they are very professional and curteous I highly recommend anybody on the Island of Oahu to pay them a visit if you are thinking of purchasing some rims or lowering your vehicle.

Photo Shop

Eibach Drop

Photo Shop

Eibach Drop

Last edited by Smooth1; 06-05-06 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Ad Pictures
Old 06-03-06, 08:32 PM
johnnyboy
Lexus Champion

sounds from the rear.. can you explain what it sounds like? i have sounds but i have a feeling its not the springs.. mines more like a rattle like somethings loose

as for the afs light.. i didnt get it
Old 06-03-06, 08:51 PM
Smooth1
Rookie

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
sounds from the rear.. can you explain what it sounds like? i have sounds but i have a feeling its not the springs.. mines more like a rattle like somethings loose

as for the afs light.. i didnt get it
The sounds that you described are exactly what they sounded like. Eurosport showed me a package of the rubber sleeves that they would install on the springs they were made from TEIN once they installed the sleeves the noise went away, I am almost positive that thats the problem with your car. Codylexus did not have this problem with the rattling noise so I dont know if there is a difference between the 250 and the 350 ?? If you look at the springs in the rear if the coils are touching each other more than likely you have the same problem that I had because they showed me exactly what was happening.

In regards to the AFS do you have that on your car because if you dont then the light is not going to come on.
Old 06-03-06, 09:55 PM
Dj Rando
Pole Position

I never got a light when I put my pro kit on???very wierd
Old 06-03-06, 11:15 PM
toyemp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smooth1
2. AFS light.

The second thing that I noticed is that the AFS light blinks on the dash, I guess the car has a sensor or something that detects the ride height of course I dont know what that has to do with the lights but it is flashing and slightly anoyying but I can live with that. So to anybody out there considering dropping their car with AFS lights this is what you can expect. Personally I dont care for the AFS headlights when I first picked up my car I tried to disable it and even when you disable it through the system the AFS light still flashes red. I really wish that Lexus would design these things (( AFS,TPMS,VDIM etc. )) so that you can disable it with out anything flashing in the dash because its distracting when you are driving and something red is blinking on the dash. I really do like all the gadgets that the Lexus comes with but there should be an unobtrusive way do disable these things ((AFS TPMS VDIM etc. )).
Do a search on AFS in the 3GS forum. A number of people got this light when they first lowered their GS and it was due to the person installing the springs knocking the headlight bracket out of alignment during the spring install. Its just a 5 minute fix once you know what it is.
Old 06-04-06, 01:00 AM
Smooth1
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dj Rando
I never got a light when I put my pro kit on???very wierd
Wow I am assuming you have AFS and the light didnt come on Do you guys think they hit the sensor ??? I wish I knew where it was or what it looked like because I would try to adust it myself I really dont like that flashing light.
Old 06-04-06, 03:39 AM
LexusSara
Rookie

Eibach are famous for noise...

I have had them 3 times on 3 different cars and they all made some sort of noise...
Old 06-04-06, 11:19 AM
Smooth1
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexusSara
Eibach are famous for noise...

I have had them 3 times on 3 different cars and they all made some sort of noise...

I would have liked to have purchased the Tanabe's but I didn't like the front higher than the back. I am surprised that more people who lowered their cars didnt have the problems listed above.
I know that there is no camber adjustment in the rears, In the past I had another car that did not have any camber adjustment basically I had a machine shop fabricate one for me I am going to wait a little while and hopefully a camber kit comes out but if not I will go to the machine shop and have them fabricate one .
Old 06-04-06, 01:01 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take your front plate off...sorry, i cant help with your problem
Old 06-04-06, 05:10 PM
Smooth1
Rookie

Originally Posted by james6290
take your front plate off...sorry, i cant help with your problem
What the hell kinda reply is this . I dont understand why you are replying with this type of remark. What does my plate have to do with the AFS ???. Does this sound familiar . If you are not going to post anything helpful I would really appreciate it if you would refrain from replying to this thread.

Thank You Very Much Smooth1
Old 06-04-06, 07:40 PM
glilly
Pole Position

this really sux to hear of all the problems associated with the Eibach springs install. I have mine on order and was so excited to put them on, and now i'm just waiting to see which problem i'll end up with.

anyway, your car looks awesome lowered, hopefully you'll get the light sorted out soon. I know it would drive me nuts.

Greg
Old 06-04-06, 08:56 PM
Smooth1
Rookie

Originally Posted by glilly
this really sux to hear of all the problems associated with the Eibach springs install. I have mine on order and was so excited to put them on, and now i'm just waiting to see which problem i'll end up with.

anyway, your car looks awesome lowered, hopefully you'll get the light sorted out soon. I know it would drive me nuts.

Greg
I hope I didnt turn you off with posting the problems with the install I just wanted to let people know what may happen with the spring installation. On a bright note the ride is really good and their are no noises at all after they put the sleeves on. Even with the AFS light flashing I am still very happy with the outcome, a couple guys with the GS 3 had the same problems with the AFS and all they had to do was do some type of adjustment they said it took their mechanic only 5 minutes to fix it.

Good luck with the Eibach's
Old 06-04-06, 11:32 PM
is350boy
Rookie

looking good man looking real good.
Old 06-04-06, 11:59 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Eibach Pro Kit

Installed them on the wifies car. No problems with any noises or AFS. Height sensors in the L/F and in the L/R were removed without affecting the factory settings. The springs were also put on precisely where the factory springs were situated. Each strut assembly has to be lined up to its original position, or you will have problems. Good luck. I hope you can get this all ironed out.
Btw, the ride is the same as when we had the factory springs. I had Eibach Pros on my GS4 for 3 and a half years without any problems.
Old 06-05-06, 12:11 AM
Smooth1
Rookie

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Installed them on the wifies car. No problems with any noises or AFS. Height sensors in the L/F and in the L/R were removed without affecting the factory settings. The springs were also put on precisely where the factory springs were situated. Each strut assembly has to be lined up to its original position, or you will have problems. Good luck. I hope you can get this all ironed out.
Btw, the ride is the same as when we had the factory springs. I had Eibach Pros on my GS4 for 3 and a half years without any problems.
Pardon my ignorance but what is the ( L/F & L/R ) I really would like to know how to resolve this issue thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro-Kit= AFS light Blinking ???