Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Air Runners

Old 04-13-06, 03:58 PM
gapxguy
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Air Runners

What are Air Runners? Are they similiar to air bags/cylinders or hydraulics? How much do they cost and how to they work? How's the ride quality compared to a set of Tein CS?

Anyone on here using Air Runners?
Old 04-13-06, 04:01 PM
ktang235
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard they run like $4,000... a little too much for me.
Old 04-13-06, 04:06 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run Airrunner AND love it

www.airrunner.co.jp

I acutally feel they are more forgiving than coilovers with potholes and such

price isn't cheap, but neither is quality

bolt on install BTW

Old 04-13-06, 04:12 PM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Johnny,

Every time I see that car, just makes me wanna get Air-runners.

Your car is very classy and very nice.

Inspiration indeed!

As for the Air Runners, I rode in the LS 430, and it felt soooooo smooth and he started banging corners and that LS was nearly on rails, plus we went over some bad rail road tracks (Mind you it is on 22 with 30 series tires) and you could barely feel any movement.

I am about to break into my kids piggy banks soon ..... ok I am not that desperate yet...

Cheers,

Revhard191
Old 04-13-06, 04:26 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

ya Air suspension is definitely real cool.... although I'm kind of on the borderline thinking air suspension won't look right on my car if I get the veilside hood making it too aggressive... but definitely hotness!!!
Old 04-13-06, 04:31 PM
gapxguy
Lead Lap

Lovely stance TLW, if a stance at all! Very nice! So as far as CL member's responses, Air Runners cost about 3 times as much as a good coilover system and the ride quality also exceeds it.

So how does Air Runners work? Are there switches like hydros? Any heavy equipment in the trunk? I assume with large wheels fender modifications is a must.
Old 04-13-06, 04:31 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Oh man.....Air Runners.....$4K....ouch.....must have..... *drool*
Old 04-13-06, 04:38 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by gapxguy
Lovely stance TLW, if a stance at all! Very nice! So as far as CL member's responses, Air Runners cost about 3 times as much as a good coilover system and the ride quality also exceeds it.

Thank you very much

So how does Air Runners work? Are there switches like hydros? Any heavy equipment in the trunk? I assume with large wheels fender modifications is a must.
well, airrunner works on a tank in the back and lines which run to each adjustable air strut

depending on your rim size and offset , this would dictate what work you would need in the fender area .

Yes they are 4 swtitches whicj control each side independently
Old 04-13-06, 04:45 PM
pocky
mooncake master

TLW....More pics please!! When I mean more, I meant all of it.
Old 04-13-06, 05:04 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

OLOL, soon ..soon I promise
Old 04-13-06, 05:10 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

AirRunners are more quiet to me while it's going up/down.

At the VIP meet.. they had the LS and the300c Both on air runners. It was so quiet and smooth while it was going up and down in the demo mode. And I remember them taking Kirby and somebody else for a ride. They came back with a big Smile on their Face.
Old 04-13-06, 09:02 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

Air runners are cool for most of the people out there. It offers the ability to raise or lower the ride height and offers a more comfortable ride (if the ride height on the air runner system is optimal) But if you're more into spirited driving and like to get adventurous around the turns then coilovers are much better suited for this application. Plus on coilovers, you can run super low....

This is my brother's car on JIC FLT-A2 coils

You can see how low it is in relation to the curb. We've got less than 3" clearance. And yes, it's driven like that - all day everyday
Old 04-14-06, 01:04 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seize, your brother's ride is awesome! I'm going on a wheel buying spree in CA and will be in SD on Sunday- is there any CL stuff going on in SD on that day?

BTW- I'm from Arizona so hehe- I get excited when I see modded Lexmobiles. They're a rare breed out here.

Give me a call if there's anything going on.

Clifford
Old 04-14-06, 11:52 AM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Talking

mikal
At the VIP meet.. they had the LS and the300c Both on air runners. It was so quiet and smooth while it was going up and down in the demo mode. And I remember them taking Kirby and somebody else for a ride. They came back with a big Smile on their Face.
One of those guys was me , LOL I tried to hold back the big smile, but I was amazed on how well it rode - I am still saving money for this mod, but I will have it in due time. I still talk highly about that system and the ride in the LS that day.

Cheers,

Revhard191
Old 04-14-06, 12:05 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have tossed back and forth on getting airrunners many times but like seize said for a show car or even an everyday car airrunners could be great, to be able to get low is one thing to be able to get back up just as quick is another which is what air gives you, seizes brother's car looks great but to be honest he can't go up just any driveway. With air you could raise the car in a sec to get up the driveway and than lower it back down when you are up. my only issue with air is handling, yes I'm sure it rides nice but can you really feel safe when slamming the gas on the freeway or around corners? I'm sure it could probably hold up ok but compared to coilovers its no match but remember it isn't made to match coilovers in that way. 2 different worlds here, apple to oranges like they say. With FI(boost) I don't think its ideal. I'm sure there are cars boosted with airrunners but I can't see that being to safe or comfy. Overall I think if you are going for the look and want to be able to lift and drop your car at will in seconds save up and go air, If you are a spirited driver with future plans of going faster read more into it before you purchase.

By the way J the car looks killer !! Iknow I have already said but what the hell, can't hurt to hear again And whats up with Falken?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Air Runners