Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Camber wear!!

Old 03-14-06, 10:23 PM
maximussp
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber wear!!

How bad is yours? I just bought new tires and already camber wear on front two tires. I'll have pics up soon but wondering how bad everyone is. I know there are previous threads about this but wanted to get NEW pics. I have it dropped on tein springs only. Let me see how yours are. Thanks

-Kenji
Old 03-14-06, 10:33 PM
noop
Instructor

wow... same thing with me, I bought some rims last summer the original owner put around 2000 miles on the tires, so I put them on my car with a set of teins, and 3000 miles later my front wheels needed new tires. They were down to the metal on the inside of the tires, anyways I took it to belle tire for some new tires and another wheel alignment, the guy who worked on it told me that the problem was from the coilovers. Well I hope these tires last cuz I dont think its worth it to spend 450.00 for new tires every 5000 miles.
Old 03-14-06, 10:53 PM
nicola
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask around for the best alignment shop you can find. I had my alignment done after the L-tuned install at some local ****-****ing-hole and after 2k miles on my brand new 17" tires, all sides were eaten up. Went back and they did it again. Those tires lasted 9k. Finally went to an awesome shop near me, and they said front and rear camber and toe were totally ****ed. Tires are now wearing evenly (slight camber wear on inside rear, but rotation keeps things looking even).
Old 03-14-06, 11:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

guess you must drive aggressively

i lowered my car a lot, and i don't really have uneven wear. maybe i am lucky
Old 03-15-06, 01:00 AM
speedie
Pole Position

This is also a concern of mine, I just lowered my car on Tein CS and had it aligned...The camber is barely "out of spec" on all for corners and the Toe is within specs....unfortunately I cannot rotate my tires since they are staggered but I plan on gauging the wear on these as I go...Luckily this is not my daily driver or things would be different
Old 03-15-06, 09:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i forgot exactly how it works, but have to check again on toe. i was told that even within spec, the toe could put excessive wear on the inside. you probably need a bit more toe in for the front wheels, coz' when you drive, the wheels will start to toe out. if the toe isn't enough in the first place, you start to have inside wear

someone correct me though
Old 03-15-06, 09:30 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

i dont have uneven wear... but then again im not slammmed just lowered
Old 03-15-06, 09:50 AM
sockfocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i forgot exactly how it works, but have to check again on toe. i was told that even within spec, the toe could put excessive wear on the inside. you probably need a bit more toe in for the front wheels, coz' when you drive, the wheels will start to toe out. if the toe isn't enough in the first place, you start to have inside wear

someone correct me though
Somewhat correct on the fact that excessive toe out causes inside tire wear, excessive toe in causes outside tire wear. On a regular ride height I have had inner tire wear due to alignment issues on other cars, so its not limited to strictly being lowered. I told them to keep the toe-in as equal as they can and not worry about camber as long as it wasnt too far out. Seems either one has to go out of spec when you lower the car.
Old 03-15-06, 10:07 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I am very low and have had camber wear on all tires but the the new Toyo T1R seem to handle the wear pretty well. No problems yet and they are at about 10k miles. Hopefully I can get at least 20k to 25k out of these tires
Old 03-15-06, 12:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by sockfocks
Somewhat correct on the fact that excessive toe out causes inside tire wear, excessive toe in causes outside tire wear. On a regular ride height I have had inner tire wear due to alignment issues on other cars, so its not limited to strictly being lowered. I told them to keep the toe-in as equal as they can and not worry about camber as long as it wasnt too far out. Seems either one has to go out of spec when you lower the car.
from the alignment shop and some mechanic i talked to, when lowered, our cars are almost always prone to camber problems. unless huge difference left and right, the camber should be about the same left and right and they should stay that way. however, like you said, toe settings are more important on our cars, and that settings got changed VERY EASILY during daily driving and when you hit this and that. so that's a more critical setting
Old 03-15-06, 01:21 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

I see on the Sewell Lexus site that the have Daizen front and rear camber adjustment kits. At some point I remember reading that no such kits were available for our cars, so are these fairly new products (and if so, does anyone have them?? are they worth the investment??)
Old 03-15-06, 03:35 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by markgs4
I see on the Sewell Lexus site that the have Daizen front and rear camber adjustment kits. At some point I remember reading that no such kits were available for our cars, so are these fairly new products (and if so, does anyone have them?? are they worth the investment??)
I don't believe they are avalible yet, they've been listed on the site for a while now.
Old 03-15-06, 07:58 PM
speedie
Pole Position

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the 2001 - 2005 GS have front and rear camber adjustments?? While installing my Teins I saw adjustment bolts both on the front and rear..

What about you guys who have a 98' - 00' Gs do you have camber adjustments front and rear??
Old 03-15-06, 08:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by speedie
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the 2001 - 2005 GS have front and rear camber adjustments?? While installing my Teins I saw adjustment bolts both on the front and rear..

What about you guys who have a 98' - 00' Gs do you have camber adjustments front and rear??
all 2gs have camber adjustment front and back. but that doesn't mean you have unlimited degrees of adjustment
Old 03-15-06, 08:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by markgs4
no, they are still not here yet

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Camber wear!!