Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Squeaky Daizen sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-06, 02:30 PM
Grover
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Squeaky Daizen sway bars

After installing Daizen front and rear sway bars I developed a bad squeak in the front going over bumps a year later. I removed the poly bushings and cleaned them up good and applied a liberal coating of silicone grease to the bushings. This made the squeak go away for seven months. Took them apart again and greased with Sil-Glyde. That lasted for six months. Yesterday took them apart again, cleaned them and applied door ease to the bushings. Will find out how long this lasts. Daizen can offer no help to me, they said to apply their grease to the bushings. But it only lasted a year itself. Has anyone else had this problem? And is there a long term fix short of putting the factory bars back on.
Old 03-01-06, 03:04 PM
gau17
Driver

I hope this will not be the same for the upper control arm bushings. those are harder to take apart.

- Solomon.
Old 03-01-06, 03:20 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Try Mobile 1 Synthetic grease, the included Daizen grease started sqeaking on me a few months aftter installation. The mobile 1 grease has been on there for almost a year now with no noise.
Old 03-02-06, 12:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

ummnm, that's funny. i have had the sways since summer of 03. in winter of 04, with tons of rain, it started to squeak and grease were added and till now it's still dead quiet. so it was more than a yr and now it's more than a yr too. wonder why yours go out so fast

and for bushings, i have had it for ove 6 months? it's still dead quiet as well, not a single sound.
Old 03-02-06, 06:14 AM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Grover
Has anyone else had this problem? And is there a long term fix short of putting the factory bars back on.
My front bar also squeaked about six months after installation. A squirt of silicon spray to each bushing during oil changes has so far prevented further squeaks. Two permanent fixes came to mind, but discarded in favor of the spray: rubber bushings from TRD blue sways, and zerk fittings for lubrication.

Rubber bushings: The Daizens and TRD blues are approximately the same diameter. I searched around the net and in CL, but couldn't find the bushings by themselves.

Zerk fittings: This looked like the best solution (apart from the silicon spray). Other sway bar bushing manufacturers fit them, sometime as an option. I actually bought the zerk fittings, but didn't feel like taking the bushings apart after they quieted down with the spray.