Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Need Help with Daizen Bushing Install - ? about how many Bushing Sleeve's in kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-06, 11:49 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Daizen Bushing Install - ? about how many Bushing Sleeve's in kit

2000 GS400

My mechanic is installing the Daizen Bushings set. He got everything in except the driver side upper control arm bushings and called me with a problem ...

He had 2 of the metal sleeves left and they were not the same size! One is a longer one with a narrower inside diameter. And the other was shorter, bigger diameter, with a bigger inside dimension. He thinks the kit did not include the right sleeve. He needs one more long narrow one to finish.

I purchased the kit through lexus-parts.com and went to look at there website and found this picture:

http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdetai...bCategoryID=85

So ... does anyone know how many metal sleeves come with the kit? 4, or is it 8 like the picture shows with 6 being the longer narrow ones and 2 shorter wider ones (the ones in the largest bushing?)

Is this picture accurate for what is included for a 2000 GS400 bushings kit? If so, my thinking is he installed one of the longer sleeves instead of one of the shorter sleeves by accident somewhere else and now doesn't have the right sleeves to finish the job (but didn't realize he did). Is this even possible? If the kit does include 2 of the shorter sleeves then he must have made a mistake. Or perhaps there are only 4 metal sleeves and Daizen put 3 right sized ones in the kit and 1 wrong one in the kit I got.

Please help and let me know what metal sleeves come with the bushing's kit!!!

And, if he did make a mistake -- is it possible to get the wrong sleeve out, put the right sleeve in, and not damage the bushing?

I hope all this makes since. Please post if you have an answer. I'll be calling Sewell in the morning to find out from them - but one of you who truly knows would be of great help. Thanks so much for your help!

Scott

Last edited by Scott1258; 02-17-06 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-18-06, 10:55 AM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Just spoke with Todd at Sewell and it turns out Daizen put the wrong sleeve in the kit. They put 3 of the right ones and one wrong one. Todd told me Darrell will get back to me on Monday and they will overnight me the right bushing on Monday.

So ... before you begin this install make sure you have all the right sizes! What's that old saying -- measure twice and cut once!

I'll post and let everyone know how the customer service is from Sewell about getting me the right bushing come Monday. Todd was very helpful so far.
Old 02-18-06, 07:50 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

The more I kep thinking about this problem I've had it really makes me mad and frustrated at Daizen.

How hard is it to get the right parts in the box?

I mean - this is their job. I've paid them good money to do it right and they don't, and now my car sits at the shop all weekend and a couple more days next week until I get the part that should have been in the box to begin with. If I was renting a car while mine was down I would be out a lot of $$$'s because of their error.

I went to Daizen's web site and there is no phone number to call them direct. Just an email. This too IMO is not professional on their part.
Old 02-18-06, 08:39 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

I just thought I'd post up a reply to let you know that your ranting is not falling on deaf ears. You have every right to be po'd. But, mistakes do happen, and unfortunately, that's just what this is, a mistake. Nothing you can do about it. Hopefully Daizan will do something to make it up to you.

Last edited by e-man; 02-19-06 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-19-06, 12:23 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So whats the final count on the sleeves? I just bought my Daizen Bushing kit from Sewell a couple weeks ago....I have NOT checked the package yet....so I hope I have the proper number of short and long sleeves for the job. I have a 2001 GS....same kit as yours.

Pete
Old 02-19-06, 12:56 AM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

There are 8 bushing sleeves according to Todd at Sewell. He said the picture on their website is correct.
Old 02-20-06, 04:23 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

I have a 99 GS300 and i bought my kit off someone here on CL late last year. I think he got his kit from TM Engineering, so what do i do if im missing the correct sleeve? Luckily i didn't install mine yet, since im waiting to do everything late spring.
Old 02-20-06, 04:45 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

I just checked my box and everything seems to be complete according to the picture on Sewell's website. I have a total of 8 bushing sleeves.
Old 02-22-06, 04:32 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott1258
There are 8 bushing sleeves according to Todd at Sewell. He said the picture on their website is correct.
Yah, I got 8 as well....and I test fitted them to the bushings....so my set is good.