Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

What is this car lowerd with ? any idea ? Pic inside.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-01, 02:50 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys just wondering what kinda lowering springs were used on this car? any idea of the brand and the cost? i bought the same rims but in chrome lotta money!
Attached Thumbnails What is this car lowerd with ? any idea ? Pic inside.-00lexusld1.jpg  
Old 08-18-01, 03:08 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very very nice looking eh?

the only spring that would get you that low would be H&R and Some sort of shock.

although that car was lowered with coil-overs most likely, coil-overs you can adjust the height, i bet that guy has TEIN Coil-overs, they run about 1200
Old 08-18-01, 03:50 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

keep in mind you don't know what size those rims are, you don't know how much lower the kit brings, and you don't know if the camera angle and the black color disguided you. So it's real hard to see what kinda lowering that is, and you might not get the same effect if you get the same suspension.

Get Tein HAs and you can adjust them til you're satisfied
Old 08-18-01, 03:57 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

in my eyes i see 20's with almost no wheel gap looking at the back wheels, so they probobly are bigger over all then stock, if they are 20's
Old 08-18-01, 04:42 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if Im not mistaken those are 19's and he had coilovers because he adjusted his car by looking at it and I think each side is diffrent in hight he had a post on here awhile back explaining how he lowerd the car
Old 08-18-01, 05:50 PM
RacingAristo

He uses TEIN HA.
Old 08-18-01, 05:52 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

at least i was right about one thing
Old 08-18-01, 05:55 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

hehe no sasha, it is 20''s. you can tell very easily.

plus i talked to the guy, so i KNOW
Old 08-18-01, 07:03 PM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

Are those rims all the same size all the way around? The lip looks about all the same around... Won't the wheels rub against something in the front? I reallllllly like that car and was sorta thinking about "patterning" my car like that. When i start my mods, I'm thinking about getting similar wheels or maybe those wheels exactly, L-sportline kit, quad exhaust, and repainting my car IS300 charcoal black-metallic. (I dont know the exact color name.. but it looks charcoalish.. not really black.. sorta dark greyish metallic)........... what do you think?

~manny
Old 08-18-01, 09:13 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by babyGS3
Are those rims all the same size all the way around? The lip looks about all the same around... Won't the wheels rub against something in the front? I reallllllly like that car and was sorta thinking about "patterning" my car like that. When i start my mods, I'm thinking about getting similar wheels or maybe those wheels exactly, L-sportline kit, quad exhaust, and repainting my car IS300 charcoal black-metallic. (I dont know the exact color name.. but it looks charcoalish.. not really black.. sorta dark greyish metallic)........... what do you think?

~manny
the color i belive is called GRAPHITE. and its on the is300's cant wait till my 20's chrome ld1's come in hope it loks good. my cars silver and the rims are chrome you guys thing it wil look good? i know silver with silver would look better but hey chromes more bling bling*
Old 08-18-01, 10:52 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

MEMYSELFNMYG300,

I'll attach a pic of someone else's GS with 20" Chrome LD1's at the bottom.. That car above has 20" non chrome LD1's and he did use Tein HA's.. He was nice enough to send me photos when I was making my decision to buy LD1's for the SC..

The LD1's are great looking wheels but super heavy.. Chrome quality is TOP notch so you should have no problems..
Attached Thumbnails What is this car lowerd with ? any idea ? Pic inside.-lexhoes-1-.jpg  
Old 08-18-01, 10:54 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Another pic of the Black GS above..
Attached Thumbnails What is this car lowerd with ? any idea ? Pic inside.-fourup-1-.jpg  
Old 08-20-01, 12:09 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by MEMYSELFNMYG300
hey guys just wondering what kinda lowering springs were used on this car? any idea of the brand and the cost? i bought the same rims but in chrome lotta money!
Hey MEMYSELFNMYG300, good looking rims....I know your a youngster but bring your ride out to the next Texas CL meet so we can check it out....Tiny
Old 08-20-01, 08:40 AM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

Hey MEMYSELFNMYG300..

QUOTE: "cant wait till my 20's chrome ld1's come in hope it loks good. my cars silver and the rims are chrome you guys thing it wil look good? i know silver with silver would look better but hey chromes more bling bling"

Are you kidding? of course it'll look (bling bling) good! And since you're going for the bling bling look.. those will definitely surpass your expectations... Take some pics when they get it aiight!!! It'll serve as inspiration for me to hurry up and mod my car... I really have to find a good paint/bodyshop to do the "graphite" repaint when I get the ball rolling... well.... good luck! I'll be waiting for the pics in the gallery!!!

~manny
Old 08-20-01, 07:57 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

repainting??? wow.. i wouldnt recommend. it decreases the value of you car. you sure you wanna do that. although a graphite gs would look awsome .. so would pearl blue (one with the drak blue n purple shade) candy colors

Quick Reply: What is this car lowerd with ? any idea ? Pic inside.