Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Bushing options and part numbers

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-06, 03:23 AM
sebban
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you got the part number for the tranny mount? (need it to order one here in sweden, and Lexus sweden does not want to help getting the number since the car was never sold here)
Old 03-21-06, 05:49 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

I would email a Lexus parts guy in America, to get the part number.
Old 04-06-06, 04:04 PM
Project300
Driver

Default I got your numbers

Originally Posted by sebban
Have you got the part number for the tranny mount? (need it to order one here in sweden, and Lexus sweden does not want to help getting the number since the car was never sold here)
Hey Sweden! Nice to hear you are keeping the SC alive in Northern Europe. Has the snow melted up there yet? You can send me a Private Message if you need part numbers in the future. I'll hook you up.

You requested:

Transmission Mount Part Numbers
SC300 Auto Trans: 12371-46040
SC300 Manual Trans: 12371-46020
SC400 Auto Trans: 12371-50030
Old 04-06-06, 06:46 PM
meandad
Driver School Candidate

Default Bushing info

I wish I had looked at this thread before I posted mine today. This answers alot of my questions. Thanks for the responses to my post.

Meandad
Old 04-16-06, 10:48 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
I learned this the hard way. Hopefully everyone else learns from the experiences of others. Just get the Supra control arm and leave all that pressing in and torching out of bushings alone. The labor costs alone makes this not very cost-effective.
Word. Rather than replacing every bushing which will result in lots of money spent, just focus on the front lower control arms and the steering rack bushings.

As far the ride quality concerns go, you still have to give up some marginal level of smoothness and quietness whenever you modify a vehicle. That is just inevitable unless your running Air-Runners or stick with a fully stock suspension and the stock 15" wheels with high sidewall tires on 30psi. You cant make the car sportier and run 19 deep dish rims and expect it to float like a Lincoln Town Car.

I went with: Supra LCA, Daizen steering rack bushes, Tein SS coilovers, 19" tires with 40 psi and the ride is fairly smooth and comfortable still.
Old 04-21-06, 03:27 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Since I'm about to do the LCAs, I'm considering doing the UCAs as well. Just talked to Gordon @ Carson to check on the price and availability of the front upper control arms. He said that there appears to be a difference between pre 97 and post 97 UCA's. Anyone know if there is any actual difference? If you got part numbers, that would be great too.
Old 04-21-06, 03:44 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rushgator
Since I'm about to do the LCAs, I'm considering doing the UCAs as well. Just talked to Gordon @ Carson to check on the price and availability of the front upper control arms. He said that there appears to be a difference between pre 97 and post 97 UCA's. Anyone know if there is any actual difference? If you got part numbers, that would be great too.
I think fitment is the same but the built or material might be different. Like with the Supra LCAs, the price difference between the <97 and 97< is huge. I might be made out of aluminum?
Old 04-21-06, 04:10 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Could be. I just got a price quote from Sewell Lexus for the Lexus UCA for $224.50 per. Ouch! I bet the Supra UCAs will be cheaper. I believe they will bolt right on, same as the LCAs. Of course if I'm wrong, somebody tell me.
Old 04-21-06, 05:59 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Could be. I just got a price quote from Sewell Lexus for the Lexus UCA for $224.50 per. Ouch! I bet the Supra UCAs will be cheaper. I believe they will bolt right on, same as the LCAs. Of course if I'm wrong, somebody tell me.
For the upper one, youre probably better off replacing it with a Daizen camber kit
Old 04-25-06, 08:24 AM
Project300
Driver

I was under the impression that the front Supra upper control arms don't fit the SC's, only the lower ones do. Has anybody had sucess installing them?
Old 04-25-06, 08:11 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Project300
I was under the impression that the front Supra upper control arms don't fit the SC's, only the lower ones do. Has anybody had sucess installing them?
I heard they dont fit either. Ur better off get the Daizen camber kit for the upper arms so that ull have some adjustments when you lower the car
Old 04-26-06, 09:35 AM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

I changed out all the front bushing twice on my 1992 SC400. Changing the front lower control arm bushings (daisens) easy, four big bolts and nuts and the arms drop down, took me one hour to replace... The rears are more challenging... I personally did not like the daisen bushings, I found them to be to rubbery and gave the suspension a spongy feel..Dumped the daisens and went with OEM.. My boots were cracked on my LCA's so installed new Supra TT lower control arms with the OEM bushings for $200 each. (dealer discount). All I can say is what a difference... Supra TT parts rule!!!!!

Ebay was producing a complete poly bushing set for out SC's for around $100. You may want to check it out, they are stiffer and are probably better and cheaper then the Daisens..Just make sure the bushing are heavily greased before installation...Good luck.
Old 04-27-06, 04:55 PM
jeffbarn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xknowonex
I think fitment is the same but the built or material might be different. Like with the Supra LCAs, the price difference between the <97 and 97< is huge. I might be made out of aluminum?

Does anyone know for sure? I have been following this with interest as I have 98 SC300, so need to know if lower cost <97 Supra LCAs will work in 98 before I order.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 12-28-06, 08:38 PM
omarkamal
Driver

So Lexus has discontinued selling the bushings seperately as they were selling the front LCA bushing up to April 05? 48654-24040 part #

I am getting Supra LCA's - Do I need to get the front UCA done now or can I wait.

Part # on Front UCA?
Old 12-28-06, 10:37 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

This thread should be stickied. Awesome resourse

Quick Reply: Bushing options and part numbers