Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

H&R Springs...I need alignment specs...PLEASE HELP ME OUT GUYS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-01, 08:14 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys!

I would certainly appreciate if someone who has the Alignment specs that came with their set of H&R's for their GS400 to please post them up here for me. I really need to get my car re-aligned

to be more specific:
these are H&R's Springs 1.4" in front and 1.3" in back.

If someone finds another website posting these specs I would really appreciate it too.

I know you guys will come through for me!

Thank you so much
Old 07-29-01, 05:56 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

I saw someone else say the alignment specs are the same as with the stock springs/shocks. Your Lexus dealer or any alignment place should know.

Old 07-29-01, 08:03 PM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

no because the camber is off it can't be stock alignment..because i had stock alignment before i dropped the car, and when they take out the springs and shocks..they don't mess with the alignment bolts at all..
Old 07-29-01, 08:29 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

I'm not saying it doesn't have to be adjusted, but I think the measurements, after new spring/shocks, and after adjustment, will be the same as with stock.

Anyway, for sure I could be wrong. Just trying to help. Good luck.
Old 07-30-01, 05:13 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

hey bit...thanks alot i really appreciate your help...it's just that i hate driving around in a messed up car.
Old 07-30-01, 07:01 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by xsuperjoex
hey bit...thanks alot i really appreciate your help...it's just that i hate driving around in a messed up car.
I totally understand. One of my tires has a permanent flat spot so my car isn't perfectly balanced at 60-70, and it's annoying! But I got no reply from where I got my rims/tires and I don't feel like spending money on new tires since my tires are basically new!

Sooner or later I'm gonna break down and just buy new tires, but for now it's not the end of the world since it's not THAT bad a vibration.
Old 07-30-01, 07:23 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

hey bit...i already wore out the insides of my 19"s (I feel your pain 1 Goodyear Eagle F1-GS-D2 245/35/ZR19 = $243 + shipping x 4 = broke *** 20 year old! )...so now i'm just rolling around on my 16" until i get my alignment...Dieselman recomended a shop in brooklyn i'm gonna check it out.
Old 07-31-01, 11:40 PM
Jazziz
Driver

Hey Joe, it's kinda like bit replied. When the suspension engineers design the setup, based on the geometry they come with and the weight on the system, a caster, camber, and toe dimension is calculated for the vehicle. Modern car suspensions are designed to travel in a slight arc when compressed since in a turn, the car wants to tip over due to inertia. If the suspension traveled straight up and down, when this "tipping" happens the vehicle weight would be concentrated on the outer edge of the tire reducing traction. Let's say our camber comes in at -.5 degrees stock, once you lower your car the geometry changes and the camber will go more negative, to -2 degrees for example. Now the outer edge of your wheel lifts putting more weight on the inner edge of the tire; hence, uneven tire wear. You need to get the camber back to it's optimum setting that was calculated, -.5 degrees. There are situations where negative is desired, roadracing for example. In this situation, the negative camber will give the tire a flatter footprint and more traction in hard fast turns, and I know they really don't care about tire wear. For us normal stiffs, at least this stiff, premature tire wear is a concern.

Sorry about the long reply. It started out as only three lines, but hopefully I've explained it better. The numbers I used were just examples, you need to find out the factory specs.
Old 08-01-01, 05:06 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

thanks alot Jazz
Old 08-06-01, 04:39 PM
alexulan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My tires are gone as well

I have the same situation.

18" with different offset front and rear, Eibach and Belstein shocks.

The inside of my front tires are almost gone after 10K miles.

I went to a shop and had them swap the right to left and left to right. Hopefully this will last me another 5K miles or so.

When I get new rubber I will get realinged.
There is NO one that makes a camber kit for the 98+ GS.
A lot of people on this board will go so far as to tell you that you don't need a kit for only a 1" drop.

I got my allignement a week after I droped my car.
I don't regret droping the car but next time will definetly go with a cheaper tire like the Nitto.

The only way to make your tire last is to allign and rotate offten.

With different widht rims front and back you can only allign, and that gets expensive fast. $100 bucks a pop.
when two Nittos will run you $450.

Oh well.