Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

tein flex coilover clicking sound!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-05, 05:15 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default tein flex coilover clicking sound!

Has anyone ever encountered a problem with their coilovers clicking going over small bumps at low speeds? I have sprayed a little wd40 on the spring thinking it may need to be lubricated, but it still clicks even by applying pressure on the front end.(the passenger side only). Please help, this noise is driving me crazy! -wringo
Old 11-16-05, 04:16 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wringo
Has anyone ever encountered a problem with their coilovers clicking going over small bumps at low speeds? I have sprayed a little wd40 on the spring thinking it may need to be lubricated, but it still clicks even by applying pressure on the front end.(the passenger side only). Please help, this noise is driving me crazy! -wringo
Problem Fixed! (plastic inside coil was rubbing the spring when it coiled) Racing Zone in Orlando,who is a Tein installer fixed it in thirty minutes.($40.00) I'm a happy camper now! -wringo Thank's anyway!
Old 11-17-05, 06:01 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,494 Likes on 1,639 Posts

Hey wringo, glad to hear it got fixed! Now relax and enjoy those bad boys.
Old 11-17-05, 09:03 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Problem Fixed! (plastic inside coil was rubbing the spring when it coiled) Racing Zone in Orlando,who is a Tein installer fixed it in thirty minutes.($40.00) I'm a happy camper now! -wringo Thank's anyway!
was it the plastic dust cover that goes over the bumpstop?
Old 11-17-05, 10:36 AM
IS0LD0UT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i be having the same problem with my cs. any pics of the problem part?
Old 11-17-05, 05:29 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

glad to see it fixed
Old 11-17-05, 05:33 PM
IS3CM
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you got it fix. I guess thats why you called me the other night. Sorry I couldn't get back to you.
Old 11-21-05, 11:07 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Problem Fixed!(tein Flex Coilover)

The problem was the shock dust cover! During install or after my alignment was complete, the dust cover was crimped causing the clicking sound each time the spring coiled. The correction was just some minor re-adjustments to fix the problem. The coils work and sound great now The noise was driving me crazy! I'm so happy the problem was fixed. I hope this info was helpful to others with the same problem. -wringo (sorry no pic's)
Old 11-21-05, 08:14 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem was the shock dust cover! During install or after my alignment was complete, the dust cover was crimped causing the clicking sound each time the spring coiled. The correction was just some minor re-adjustments to fix the problem. The coils work and sound great now The noise was driving me crazy! I'm so happy the problem was fixed. I hope this info was helpful to others with the same problem. -wringo (sorry no pic's)

I hope that's the same problem i have now. My "FLEX" coils are 3 monts old and it is driving me nuts. I tought thats steering rack cuz most suspention and steering parts has been recently replaced.
Do you have any idia how did they fixed dust cover? Last weekend i have inspect suspention and didn't see any dust cover problems
Well, we'll see- saturday is comming, i'll try again
Old 11-22-05, 07:46 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LEXSOOS
I hope that's the same problem i have now. My "FLEX" coils are 3 monts old and it is driving me nuts. I tought thats steering rack cuz most suspention and steering parts has been recently replaced.
Do you have any idia how did they fixed dust cover? Last weekend i have inspect suspention and didn't see any dust cover problems
Well, we'll see- saturday is comming, i'll try again
Not real sure what they did ,all they informed me was that it was the dust cover being crimped and that with minor adjustments it was fixed! -Good luck and have a Tein installer check it out to be sure.(You will sleep better!)-wringo
Old 11-22-05, 10:52 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Not real sure what they did ,all they informed me was that it was the dust cover being crimped and that with minor adjustments it was fixed! -Good luck and have a Tein installer check it out to be sure.(You will sleep better!)-wringo
you should be able to reach/look in and make sure the dust cover is ok. the most you'd have to do to check is remove the wheel.
Old 11-22-05, 03:31 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chuckb
you should be able to reach/look in and make sure the dust cover is ok. the most you'd have to do to check is remove the wheel.

Yeah, i'll do it on saturday
Do you know how to determine "when you need to replace" sway bar N links?
To give you clue what was done so far, see below:

Both sides, all parts are brand new

1. Upper control arms
2. Caster control arms
3. Lower ball joints

Items i have checked on my own:

1. Tie rods- tied no movement
2. Wheel bearings- tied
3. Lower control arm bushing- i din't have good access, tied feeling- i'm going to double check

Items left to be inspect:

1. Steering rack- internal damage?
2. Sway bar mounts and N links
3. Tein struts- i'm going to replace them with stock shocks in order to eleminate any strut issues

Well, this is my saturday task, by the way anyone knows where i can get good sway bar mounts and N links?

Your help is greatly appreciated- thanx
Old 11-29-05, 04:50 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, i'll do it on saturday
Do you know how to determine "when you need to replace" sway bar N links?
To give you clue what was done so far, see below:

Both sides, all parts are brand new

1. Upper control arms
2. Caster control arms
3. Lower ball joints

Items i have checked on my own:

1. Tie rods- tied no movement
2. Wheel bearings- tied
3. Lower control arm bushing- i din't have good access, tied feeling- i'm going to double check

Items left to be inspect:

1. Steering rack- internal damage?
2. Sway bar mounts and N links
3. Tein struts- i'm going to replace them with stock shocks in order to eleminate any strut issues

Well, this is my saturday task, by the way anyone knows where i can get good sway bar mounts and N links?

Your help is greatly appreciated- thanx

Well, i'm back
I have to send my coilover back to TEIN for inspection, this is bottom line. That noise is killing me
Old 12-01-05, 10:27 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default No luck fixing it!

Well, i'm back
I have to send my coilover back to TEIN for inspection, this is bottom line. That noise is killing me
After the weekend task of checking the listed items,you had no luck finding the problem? Who did your install? Before sending it back let your installer check it out. Does it click on both sides or just one. I undersatnd your frustration,trust me I do! Keep us posted on the fix. Lol!-wringo
Old 12-01-05, 01:46 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

After the weekend task of checking the listed items,you had no luck finding the problem? Who did your install? Before sending it back let your installer check it out. Does it click on both sides or just one. I undersatnd your frustration,trust me I do! Keep us posted on the fix. Lol!-wringo

I have installed them, i went thru one Lexus dealer shop and two inependent performance shops, all of them point at strut as defective part, but to be honest with you i have feeling that none of them wanted take it serious. I'll try one more shop on saturday and i'm going give up= send strut back for inspection. I will let you know whats up. V peace bro

Quick Reply: tein flex coilover clicking sound!