Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Supra TT brakes for the rear on a 01 gs300

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-05, 04:31 PM
sidwin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supra TT brakes for the rear on a 01 gs300

Does anyone know if anyone makes a bracket out there to get the supra tt rear brakes to work on an 01 gs? I just finished putting the front brakes on and would love to have the matching rears.

Thanks,
sid
Attached Thumbnails Supra TT brakes for the rear on a 01 gs300-thumb_img_0233.jpg  
Old 11-06-05, 04:34 PM
sidwin
Pole Position

Default Any way to upgrade rear brakes?

Does anyone know if anyone makes a bracket out there to get the supra tt rear brakes to work on an 01 gs? I just finished putting the front brakes on and would love to have the matching rears.

Thanks,
sid
Attached Thumbnails Supra TT brakes for the rear on a 01 gs300-thumb_img_0233.jpg  
Old 11-06-05, 04:45 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sidwin

Thanks,
sid
can be done bracket is very expensive and the caliper has to be redrilled for different mounting postion.. i used a bracket i bought from hong kong to retro fit ls430 calipers which uses the supra tt rotor size onto my rear gs to compliment the braking power of the fronts
Old 11-06-05, 06:45 PM
sidwin
Pole Position

i emailed stoptech. i would be willing to $150 for brackets if they made them. i much rather it come from stoptech since they know what they are doing. i'm surprised no one makes any yet.

sid
Old 11-06-05, 07:56 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah there should be...i remember a guy with the racing supra endless brake setup....just literally a level above insane!! i remember 370mm 6 pot front and 332 mm 4 pot rear
Old 11-06-05, 08:10 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i emailed stoptech. i would be willing to $150 for brackets if they made them. i much rather it come from stoptech since they know what they are doing. i'm surprised no one makes any yet.

sid
But why would StopTech make brackets for the TT brakes to fit on the GS? They have front BBK kits for the GS and soon a rear BBK for the rear. I can't see why they would make such a bracket.
Old 11-06-05, 08:19 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

sid

brackets are made in asia.. this is a common conversion on the aristo netz sports sells it for around 450 for bracket but again its more then just bracket the calipers have to be re machined to fit onto custom bracket.. the whole deal is around 1200 complete
Old 11-06-05, 08:24 PM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
yeah there should be...i remember a guy with the racing supra endless brake setup....just literally a level above insane!! i remember 370mm 6 pot front and 332 mm 4 pot rear
Well, unless he has the Endless fronts, these Endless rears are not going to help him either.
Old 11-06-05, 09:10 PM
sidwin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Neo
But why would StopTech make brackets for the TT brakes to fit on the GS? They have front BBK kits for the GS and soon a rear BBK for the rear. I can't see why they would make such a bracket.
because the have the machinery to make such a bracket and if people would pay 150-250 for such an item, stoptech would be inclined to make them. I bet if i sent them a stock supra caliper, they could take their current bracket and CNC me a bracket with ease. As many supra brakes there out there i bet this could easily generate two dozen sets of the brackets for stoptech.

If a bracket is properly made there shouldn't be any modification to the actual caliper. I looked at the supra TT caliper and it is only 1.5 inches too long away from the bolt point.

thx,
sid
Old 11-06-05, 11:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

because the have the machinery to make such a bracket and if people would pay 150-250 for such an item, stoptech would be inclined to make them. I bet if i sent them a stock supra caliper, they could take their current bracket and CNC me a bracket with ease. As many supra brakes there out there i bet this could easily generate two dozen sets of the brackets for stoptech.

If a bracket is properly made there shouldn't be any modification to the actual caliper. I looked at the supra TT caliper and it is only 1.5 inches too long away from the bolt point.

thx,
sid
so have you gotten stoptech to do it yet?

personally i would be surprsied if they do it. it's like shooting themselves in the foot
Old 11-07-05, 12:04 AM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by rominl
personally i would be surprsied if they do it. it's like shooting themselves in the foot
My thoughts exactly. I am sure StopTech can do it. I just don't think it makes business sense for them to do it.

1. It is a competing brake product.
2. To sell it, they's have to spend time to test fit, install, street it, track it, to make sure everything is safe. That is a lot to do for a few orders. This is assuming they did not just go with reason 1.
Old 11-07-05, 12:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

haha yeah, a competing products against.... their own rear bbk setup. that doesn't make sense

and knowing how much time stoptech spends on research and such to get the right stuff, i would highly doubt if they would just fabricate any brackets for some calipers out there to fit on some cars and stamp their name on it. it's their reputation on line.

and all that for 150 bucks?
Old 11-07-05, 06:51 AM
Ronsully
Pole Position

I really want to have supra calipers in the back too. Hmmmm, I need to find me a cheap set of rear TT calipers. I have some friends that make aftermarket custom car parts (they have 2 CNCs). If, I can source some cheap rear tt calipers I will see if they will do the brakets, provided there is enough interest for them to make some money.
Old 11-07-05, 09:33 AM
sidwin
Pole Position

i have a set here. the rears are pretty cheap and easy to come across. a lot of supra owners are going with NA brakes for drag racing.

i put supra tt brakes on SC300. we changed all fours. I remember looking at the hub of the gs. i'm almost certain that you can swap hubs. that would require massive work considering the wheel bearings are going to have be picked up too.

what about the older gs300. say a 98... i wonder if u could get the tt rears to fit. what about the first gen gs....

I bet if we could get a GB together securing two dozen orders of these things... ANY BRAKE DEALER would do it. You can't compare stoptechs 2k BBK to a 300 dollar brake upgrade. This is clearly different customer that stoptech would be marketing to.

Something else i was looking at. I secured the TT rear rotor onto the car. I was wondering if the stock gs caliper was still going to fit. The only difference between the brembo 14.1 kit and the 13.5 kit is the size of the rotor. The pistons on the calipers are exactly the same. The theory here is to have a larger mass that could handle the additional heat. I wonder if the stock TT rotor would work on the back.

I just need to remember to get the donut spare out of my Supra and put it in the wife's car so if she catches a flat
Old 11-07-05, 10:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Ronsully
I really want to have supra calipers in the back too. Hmmmm, I need to find me a cheap set of rear TT calipers. I have some friends that make aftermarket custom car parts (they have 2 CNCs). If, I can source some cheap rear tt calipers I will see if they will do the brakets, provided there is enough interest for them to make some money.
just keep in mind if anything happens they have to be approved by clublexus first before they can be vendors here

don't are if it's 98 or so. all 98-05 gs share the same setup. the supra tt set fit the sc300/400 but not on the gs (rear).

and good luck in asking stoptech to do. if they do, good for you. i am sure a lot of people are waiting. but personally would they? i doubt. and if they do, honestly i hope they justify it

Quick Reply: Supra TT brakes for the rear on a 01 gs300