Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

clunking noise from teins

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-05, 12:10 AM
kapdori
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clunking noise from teins

guys I need help.
recently i am getting clunking noise from my front. its like something is loose, when ever I go over small bumps it makes noise. Its pretty loud. I had dealer take a look at the problem since my oil change was due, and they told me that its my teins that causing the noise. they told me its possible that teins are loose or it might be bad unit. What should I do? I need to find out what is going on. Should I try to have the teins reinstalled?
thanks
Old 10-07-05, 07:57 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

how old are your teins, which version are they, and how much mileage do they have?

there is another thread here about complaints with CS owners experiencing noise as well...
Old 10-07-05, 08:11 AM
beaterKU
Pole Position

Check the top retaining nut on the rear units. Mine were loose from the factory. Several other CL members had this same problem. It that is the source of the noise, tighten that bad boy down before you do any damage to the strut rod bushing.

-Nick
Old 10-08-05, 10:27 PM
kapdori
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
how old are your teins, which version are they, and how much mileage do they have?

there is another thread here about complaints with CS owners experiencing noise as well...
my teins are new. i just bought them from tm engineering about 2 months ago. When I try to rock the car from standing still, it seems to be fine, other than maybe little squeaking noise but I couldn't produce cluncking noise. I am pretty sure that its coming from fronts. I can actually feel the shock vibration when it is bad from my driver side floor. its not that bad all the time but sometimes it is so loud that i think something came loose and actually hit the pavement or something.